canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Bodah Bodah:
Wolves do stalk and attack people it's happened before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenton_Joe ... olf_attack

That is a undecided case. No one disputes their ability to attack and kill large prey, but there is little evidence they attack humans. Where my house is in N.W. Sask, we have wolves and they keep away. Watch out for your dog though, I lost a very nice one to wolves.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
Thanos Thanos:
Fucking prick poacher is more like it. :evil:

Lol, don't go up to Quenel then, 400 bucks a head for every wolf you bring in. :D

And that's a damn disgraceful shame too as far as I'm concerned. :evil:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Thanos Thanos:
Fucking prick poacher is more like it. :evil:

Lol, don't go up to Quenel then, 400 bucks a head for every wolf you bring in. :D

And that's a damn disgraceful shame too as far as I'm concerned. :evil:

Why? :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:23 pm

Because it's the unsportsmanlike killing of an intelligent and noble species of animal.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Because it's the unsportsmanlike killing of an intelligent and noble species of animal.

Well there is nothing to do with sportmanlike conduct. They are killed up there because they go after livestock. And in this guys case he was being hunted by them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Or so he says he was. If he'd shot something as dangerous to humans as a cougar, or a real annoyance animal like a coyote, I wouldn't have said anything at all. Even shooting one wolf in (alleged) self-defense I can sort of accept. I find it hard to believe that the other two animals, members of a species that is highly reclusive and hyper-wary of humans, were too stupid not to run away after they heard the first rifle shot. Something about this guy's story doesn't add up and really has a bad stink about it.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Or so he says he was. If he'd shot something as dangerous to humans as a cougar, or a real annoyance animal like a coyote, I wouldn't have said anything at all. Even shooting one wolf in (alleged) self-defense I can sort of accept. I find it hard to believe that the other two animals, members of a species that is highly reclusive and hyper-wary of humans, were too stupid not to run away after they heard the first rifle shot. Something about this guy's story doesn't add up and really has a bad stink about it.
PDT_Armataz_01_34

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanos Thanos:

It makes sense they'd be hunting in a group, but I would have expected more than just three, which suggest the rest may have run off after noticing their pack mates dropping like bricks. Who's to say they haven't eaten for a month and in their desperation ignored what would normally scare them away?

His story may be off, but sadly there is no other point of view, so at this point it is moot... Unless of course, you want to take him to court over the matter.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:19 am

Anyway that man is prepared for coldness by having a warm jacket.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:36 am

Shoot it Ned! It's coming right for us!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:17 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Shoot it Ned! It's coming right for us!

ROTFL South Park rules))

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:02 am

lol... one's protection is the foremost thing

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:38 am

Thanos Thanos:

http://www.mtmultipleuse.org/endangered/wolf_pics.htm

You are obviously confused, Thanos. Coyotes are TIMID by nature. Wolves are predatory, by nature and contrary to your statement not afraid of much at all! Although it is rare, coyotes have attacked and killed humans. I lived in 'wolf country' for several years. In fact was living in, and part of the 'infamous' paul watson-wolf-kill debacle' which garnered us worlwide news coverage in 1984. As well, both my father and step-father were avid outdoorsmen/hunters, both having careers with forestry,fish & game. Although it is indeed very rare for a lone wolf to attack a human being, two or more wolves begets the 'wolf-pack mentality' and their nature kicks in to high gear. Any living thing is seen as food! At that point, they will stalk and kill unless they are killed. Shooting one does not send the others running away with their tails between their legs! Rather, those killed are quite often eaten by their former 'buddies'!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Who's to say they haven't eaten for a month and in their desperation ignored what would normally scare them away?
It would appear you don't drive the roads near Glaslyn much. There is enough road kill to keep several packs plump. Besides, look at the pictures presented. Those wolves are in prime condition. Plenty of deer available there. And Thanos is right, one shot and those suckers would be hightailing it for the treeline.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Yogi Yogi:

You are obviously confused, Thanos. Coyotes are TIMID by nature. Wolves are predatory, by nature and contrary to your statement not afraid of much at all! Although it is rare, coyotes have attacked and killed humans. I lived in 'wolf country' for several years. In fact was living in, and part of the 'infamous' paul watson-wolf-kill debacle' which garnered us worlwide news coverage in 1984. As well, both my father and step-father were avid outdoorsmen/hunters, both having careers with forestry,fish & game. Although it is indeed very rare for a lone wolf to attack a human being, two or more wolves begets the 'wolf-pack mentality' and their nature kicks in to high gear. Any living thing is seen as food! At that point, they will stalk and kill unless they are killed. Shooting one does not send the others running away with their tails between their legs! Rather, those killed are quite often eaten by their former 'buddies'!

Can you give links to where a wolf pack has killed human beings? In Canada? Recently? We did have some wolves attack sleeping campers on Vancover Island, but that's because numbnuts had been feeding them. And, nobody was killed.

By this guy's description, the wolves were not packed up - he shot one who was close to him, and then had to go in search of the others. This is not behavior of wolves attacking a large animal such as a human, where they would come at him all at once. I read nothing in the story to indicate that the wolf was going to attack - it was checking him out more like. He's just making excuses. Did he keep the skins? That would indicate his likely intent right there.

If he truly had to shoot those wolves because of self defense, well so be it. Humans over animals. But it doesn't sound like it, especially for the last two.