CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27451
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:32 am
 


Title: Man shocked by arrest after daughter draws picture of gun at school
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: stemmer
Date: 2012-02-24 04:47:07
Canadian


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7706
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:33 am
 


In order to be charged with possession of a firearm, don't the authorities have to have evidence that you, in fact, possess a firearm?

Evidence being something more concrete than a cartoon drawn by a 4 year old who drew a picture of her daddy fighting "bad guys" and "monsters".

If this were me, I'd be livid.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 51388
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:39 am
 


I must have thousands of rainbows!!


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:47 am
 


I smell lawsuit....and I hope he wins.

That's bullshit.

Kids write strange things all the time...my son filled out an assignment in grade one that said my favourite drink was "beer" (I don't drink) and that I work at Wal-Mart. :lol:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 12434
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:53 am
 


This is offensive on so many levels. First, what the hell was the teacher thinking? School board employees in Ontario were JUST THIS WEEK given a training session about abuse and harrassment and their duties to report. This moron obviously wasn't paying attention to that training (or maybe paid too much attention). Seems like incredible coincidence that this would come right on the heels of those training sessions.

My experience tells me that far too great a percentage of teachers have gone from Mommy & Daddy's house to university to teachers' college and into the classroom with zero real-world experience. Therefore, zero common sense. My research also tells me that far too many principals are idiots who couldn't cut it in the classroom, so book-learned their way into administration, again with zero ability or common sense for the job.

Then there's the cops. Seriously? Arresting the guy and throwing him in jail BEFORE searching the house? Why wouldn't they drive the guy home and do the search right then and there? He consented to letting them search. A simple misunderstanding that could have been easily cleared up with a little goddamn common sense.

The dad seems like a cool guy, wanting to cooperate and not getting too angry about this. But I'm with Saturn_656...I'd be fucking pissed and the first phone call I'd be making after my release would have been to a lawyer. I'd be looking for a payday for false arrest.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10755
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:58 am
 


Lemmy wrote:
This is offensive on so many levels. First, what the hell was the teacher thinking? School board employees in Ontario were JUST THIS WEEK given a training session about abuse and harrassment and their duties to report. This moron obviously wasn't paying attention to that training (or maybe paid too much attention). Seems like incredible coincidence that this would come right on the heels of those training sessions.

My experience tells me that far too great a percentage of teachers have gone from Mommy & Daddy's house to university to teachers' college and into the classroom with zero real-world experience. Therefore, zero common sense. My research also tells me that far too many principals are idiots who couldn't cut it in the classroom, so book-learned their way into administration, again with zero ability or common sense for the job.

Then there's the cops. Seriously? Arresting the guy and throwing him in jail BEFORE searching the house? Why wouldn't they drive the guy home and do the search right then and there? He consented to letting them search. A simple misunderstanding that could have been easily cleared up with a little goddamn common sense.

The dad seems like a cool guy, wanting to cooperate and not getting too angry about this. But I'm with Saturn_656...I'd be fucking pissed and the first phone call I'd be making after my release would have been to a lawyer. I'd be looking for a payday for false arrest.

So would I.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11959
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 am
 


Why did this not surprise me that this happened in Ontario. :( I honestly can't wait to leave this province.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:52 am
 


Holy shit. I'm glad teachers were more sensible in my grade school days, or they would have called out the military to take down our house because it obviously contained tanks, fighter/bombers, heavy machine guns and a battalion of troops all ready to throw lead. Drawing battle scenes was a big thing for us in grade one. Of course we would have also been taken down by the police, because we were all running around with assault rifles and some kids even had M50's.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 59069
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:25 am
 


The teachers and administrators involved should be fired. So should the idiot cops and their administrators.

But, of course, nothing will happen to them and in a few short weeks no end of people will pretend that such things don't happen in Canada.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 25084
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:36 am
 


Some school in the US suspended a little boy not too long ago for pointing his finger at another kid and yelling out "bang!". Another American school did the same thing when another kid pointed a chicken bone and one of his buddies. So if I were you I wouldn't get too cocky about Canada being the only place that getting wracked by insane political correctness, hotshot. PDT_Armataz_01_35


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20302
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:41 am
 


Lemmy wrote:
This is offensive on so many levels. First, what the hell was the teacher thinking? School board employees in Ontario were JUST THIS WEEK given a training session about abuse and harrassment and their duties to report. This moron obviously wasn't paying attention to that training (or maybe paid too much attention). Seems like incredible coincidence that this would come right on the heels of those training sessions.

My experience tells me that far too great a percentage of teachers have gone from Mommy & Daddy's house to university to teachers' college and into the classroom with zero real-world experience. Therefore, zero common sense. My research also tells me that far too many principals are idiots who couldn't cut it in the classroom, so book-learned their way into administration, again with zero ability or common sense for the job.

Then there's the cops. Seriously? Arresting the guy and throwing him in jail BEFORE searching the house? Why wouldn't they drive the guy home and do the search right then and there? He consented to letting them search. A simple misunderstanding that could have been easily cleared up with a little goddamn common sense.

The dad seems like a cool guy, wanting to cooperate and not getting too angry about this. But I'm with Saturn_656...I'd be fucking pissed and the first phone call I'd be making after my release would have been to a lawyer. I'd be looking for a payday for false arrest.


R=UP


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20302
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:41 am
 


Too bad the LGR is gone - one quick search probably would have stopped this right in its tracks. :lol:

Edit - forgot the emoticon


Last edited by bootlegga on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 am
 


bootlegga wrote:
Too bad the LGR is gone - one quick search probably would have stopped this right in its tracks.


:roll:

Fail.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 25084
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 pm
 


OnTheIce wrote:
bootlegga wrote:
Too bad the LGR is gone - one quick search probably would have stopped this right in its tracks.


:roll:

Fail.


Inability to detect sarcasm or recognize satire when it's deployed by a superior and more intelligent poster.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Mega-fail.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 59069
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 pm
 


Thanos wrote:
Some school in the US suspended a little boy not too long ago for pointing his finger at another kid and yelling out "bang!". Another American school did the same thing when another kid pointed a chicken bone and one of his buddies. So if I were you I wouldn't get too cocky about Canada being the only place that getting wracked by insane political correctness, hotshot. PDT_Armataz_01_35


True. But we don't have the police arresting people and then raiding people's homes without a warrant just because their kid mentions that daddy might have a gun.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.