Canadian Reviews

Michael Crichton's NEXT Review


Although the book has been out for quite a while, I recently finished reading Michael Crichton’s latest book titled NEXT.

It focuses on a number of subjects ranging from genetic testing, biotechnology, gene patenting and gene ownership.

While it was an interesting read, I found it to be sort of a rush job. About 80% of the book is composed of small stories based on different areas of the biotech industry and the remaining 20% is a quick story to make it look like you were actually reading a novel of some sort.

I was expecting the stories to crossover and intertwine but no such luck. It was sort of like a textbook of biotech facts and oddities.

I did enjoy the fact that the stories are based on true facts or almost, like Crichton claims in the following way:

“This novel is fiction, except for the parts that aren’t”

Overall, it’s a quick read that keeps the reader interested and goes into some subjects that have a controversial component, be it ethical, legal, financial or all of the above.

If you want to watch an hour long interview of Michael Crichton on Charlie Rose’s show, you can watch it here.

 

  

Share on Facebook
Added: April 19th 2007
Reviewer canucker
Related Link: Michael Crichton's official site
Hits: 2136
Score:

Register to comment and rate.


    [ Reviews Index ]

    Reviews Comments

    • Soloist
      POGO GAMES SUPPORT @ 1 855 721 7211 Pogo1 855 721 7211com is a free online gaming website that ...
      By
    • X-Me Origins: Wolverine
      POGO GAMES SUPPORT @ 1 855 721 7211 Pogo1 855 721 7211com is a free online gaming website that ...
      By
    • Star Trek
      POGO GAMES SUPPORT @ 1 855 721 7211 Pogo1 855 721 7211com is a free online gaming website that ...
      By
    • Bachman Cummings
      POGO GAMES SUPPORT @ 1 855 721 7211 Pogo1 855 721 7211com is a free online gaming website that ...
      By
    • The Martyr's Oath: The Apprenticeship of
      POGO GAMES SUPPORT @ 1 855 721 7211 Pogo1 855 721 7211com is a free online gaming website that ...
      By
    reviews »

    Donate!

    Make donations with PayPal!



    Support Canadaka.net

    September´s Goal: $150.00
    Amount in: $0.00
    Left to go: $150.00

    Donations This Month

    Latest Topics in Canadian Forums


    Advertise
      Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (Mismatched tag at line 1, column 70) in D:\Hosted Sites\canadaka.net\www\includes\rss_fetch\rss_fetch.inc on line 238 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\Hosted Sites\canadaka.net\www\themes\text_ads.php on line 21