canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:51 am

Title: Alberta's unemployment rate ticks downward to 8.3%, Canada ties 10-year record
Category: Provincial Politics
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2017-03-10 10:50:30
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:51 am

Fucking NDP. :|

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:20 pm

I really don't know if your being sarcastic or not? But the current sitting provincial government has done fuck all to make the situation better. I can point to pages of policies and tax hikes that have made it much worse than it had to be...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:35 pm

uwish uwish:
I really don't know if your being sarcastic or not? But the current sitting provincial government has done fuck all to make the situation better. I can point to pages of policies and tax hikes that have made it much worse than it had to be...

Doc would never tell his mom to fuck off. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:45 pm

So our national employment rate is at 6.6%, the lowest since 2007, yet our dollar continues to drop. What gives?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Less our dollar dropping than the US dollar rising and strengthening greatly over the past couple of years.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:49 pm

not necessarily related. And I think you mean the unemployment rate, those can be slightly misleading as well. Primarily when your this far into a downturn, because by now most eligible people that qualified for employment insurance has now run out. Which means they fall off the statistics, doesn't mean they are all of a sudden employed however.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:14 pm

%

Last edited by Lemmy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:05 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Fucking NDP. :|

Fucking NDP! :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:01 am

uwish uwish:

The answer to that is; I am always sarcastic. Pretty much 99% of the time. On any given subject. It's how I roll. 8)

If the government can do nothing to make it better, then they can also do nothing to make it worse, as has been shown time and again by our resident Professor of Economics. Any government can make an environment where business and citizens thrive, or not, but it's up to the businesses and workers to actually produce economic gains.

So when a subject comes up that people blamed the NDP for the decline, even though they had no control over it, I highlight that with a big happy face drawn in lipstick and write "Fucking NDP" to reinforce the absurdity.

If people blamed job losses on the NDP instead of Saudi Oil, then the NDP should get the credit when jobs increase, not Saudi Oil. Fair is fair.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:24 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2626770/why-y ... ment-rate/

once again, I am left to point out the idiocy of yet another of your posts. Official unemployment numbers are quite often wrong, they only represent a portion of the actual out of work people. Again, I don't expect my dry cleaner to fully understand.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:27 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
uwish uwish:

The answer to that is; I am always sarcastic. Pretty much 99% of the time. On any given subject. It's how I roll. 8)

If the government can do nothing to make it better, then they can also do nothing to make it worse, as has been shown time and again by our resident Professor of Economics. Any government can make an environment where business and citizens thrive, or not, but it's up to the businesses and workers to actually produce economic gains.

So when a subject comes up that people blamed the NDP for the decline, even though they had no control over it, I highlight that with a big happy face drawn in lipstick and write "Fucking NDP" to reinforce the absurdity.

If people blamed job losses on the NDP instead of Saudi Oil, then the NDP should get the credit when jobs increase, not Saudi Oil. Fair is fair.

Governments can absolutely make the problem worse, for example, one of the first items the NDP gov did was have a royalty review. The findings were, oh, it's actually pretty good already as billions of potential investment ran east to Sask. The next thing they did in depressed economy is raise the taxes on everything from provincial income tax, to liquor taxes to property taxes. But in your world, I guess this is making things better! So while I completely agree that they were not to cause, they sure as hell are making it worse! We went from the top 5 jurisdictions to do business in NA to the bottom 10 in under two years, now explain to me again how this is good? or they didn't make things worse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCQzdLz ... 8-60938019

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:18 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Why? You often hear this reasoning given by economists when there is a decrease in unemployment during economic downturns. People just give up looking for work, or they run out of benefits.