canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:52 pm

Title: All mobsters are automatically excommunicated from the Catholic Church, Pope Francis says | National Post
Category: Religion
Posted By: Goober911
Date: 2014-06-21 15:07:31
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:52 pm

So, he excommunicated the Council of Cardinals?

But on a serious note, if they excommunicate all the "mobsters" then he'd better be prepared for a very steep loss of revenue because if you don't have all those guys buying their way into Heaven with Tithes the church is gonna feel it but and where does this moral outrage end?

He'd better start excommunicating all the adulterers, pedophiles, drunkards, people who swear (fuck I'm porked), children who disrespect their parents, people who covet their neighbours things hell, he should just excommunicate pretty much everyone just to be on the safe side.

I guess this guy hasn't figured out that you can't dictate morals and you sure as hell can't just start picking and choosing who isn't worthy of God's forgiveness. :roll:

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Wonder if priests convicted of child sexual abuse are excommunicated too?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:02 pm

raydan raydan:
Wonder if priests convicted of sexual abuse are excommunicated too?

Nope and that's the problem. He's not being realistic in his moral judgements of what constitutes an outrage. For the Church it would appear that it's okay to rape and ruin a child' life both mentally and physically but if you kill him and you're not a priest your boned cause, the infallible one doesn't love you anymore. :roll:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:21 pm

It would not matter where he started for some, now would it.
Many look for any reason to condemn.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/may/31/p ... n-tacklin/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Goober911 Goober911:

I'm not condemning him I'm calling him a hypocrite. One child gets killed in the drug war and he excommunicates all mobsters but thousands upon thousands of children are abused by Catholic Priests and there's a stone deaf silence from the Church.

It's his Church and he can do whatever the fuck he wants especially since he's infallible but, the fact remains that until he or one of his successors addresses the problems within that church decisions like this are going to continue to be ridiculed.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Goober911 Goober911:

I'm not condemning him I'm calling him a hypocrite. One child gets killed in the drug war and he excommunicates all mobsters but thousands upon thousands of children are abused by Catholic Priests and there's a stone deaf silence from the Church.

It's his Church and he can do whatever the fuck he wants especially since he's infallible but, the fact remains that until he or one of his successors addresses the problems within that church decisions like this are going to continue to be ridiculed.

No read your post.
You do not want to give him a chance.
Then you run off into a rant.
Yep, logical.
He is starting change.
Do you think it happens overnight?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:49 pm

So, he excommunicated the Council of Cardinals?

But on a serious note, if they excommunicate all the "mobsters" then he'd better be prepared for a very steep loss of revenue because if you don't have all those guys buying their way into Heaven with Tithes the church is gonna feel it but and where does this moral outrage end?

He'd better start excommunicating all the adulterers, pedophiles, drunkards, people who swear (fuck I'm porked), children who disrespect their parents, people who covet their neighbours things hell, he should just excommunicate pretty much everyone just to be on the safe side.

I guess this guy hasn't figured out that you can't dictate morals and you sure as hell can't just start picking and choosing who isn't worthy of God's forgiveness. :roll:

Bump just in case ya forgot

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Goober911 Goober911:

No matter what he starts people like yourself will condemn as not enough.
And i am a fuking Protestant.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Goober911 Goober911:
Goober911 Goober911:

No read your post.
You do not want to give him a chance.
Then you run off into a rant.
Yep, logical.
He is starting change.
Do you think it happens overnight?

Nothing happens overnight but as the leader of 1.2 billion Catholics he should get his house in order before he starts passing judgment on any other parts of society and you can dress it up anyway you want but, the fact remains that the Church did nothing but change the Diocese for the pedophile priests who perpetrated the atrocities and if it hadn't been for secular justice I seriously doubt any of them would have even have had their hands slapped.

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:04 pm

Goober911 Goober911:
Goober911 Goober911:

No matter what he starts people like yourself will condemn as not enough.
And i am a fuking Protestant.

Congratulations because I'm a fucking non practicing Catholic as if that makes a difference. When the current Pope does what none of the other Popes before him do and brings closure to people who suffered at the hands of the Catholic Church then I'll say he's doing enough but, until then it's all just lip service to make himself and the Church look good. So, maybe you're right and I don't consider it enough but then again I must be odd because I'd prefer justice over a photo op anytime.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:46 am

He has started change, now where and how far we will have to wait and see.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:38 am

He rocks the boat too much, he may not wake up one morning. The Church isn't above removing their pontiffs.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:06 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
He rocks the boat too much, he may not wake up one morning. The Church isn't above removing their pontiffs.

I interpreted this as an Edict under Canon Law. It was not.
He is rocking the boat and it needs a good cleaning.
The Vatican Bank under new management.
The Bishop in Germany expensive new residence- Gonzo
Set up a panel to investigate child abuse.
Nothing in an organization like this will happen as fast as many want.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/03/pope-fran ... ommission/

Pope Francis is being hailed by many as a revolutionary pontiff, bringing the ancient Roman Catholic Church into the modern era by his openness and acceptance and even his sense of humor. However some of Pope Francis’ recent appointments to Vatican positions carry with them a weight of inescapable irony. In making his initial selections for the new Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors, he is assuredly making great strides in the way the church looks at cases of child sexual abuse, but his other appointments to different positions reveal a certain amount of hypocrisy in his selection process.

It was announced today that American Cardinal Sean P. O’Malley, the current Archbishop of Boston, will be the lone American in Francis’ initial selection for the new committee. The American church has been racked by child abuse claims and cases for many years, so it makes sense to have an American in the first round of draft picks. Despite the distance between America and Europe, O’Malley won’t be moving to the Vatican for his new job, since it is not a full-time position. None of the appointments are.

However the other appointees to the committee are all much closer, being primarily from Western Europe. These include high profile experts on child psychology, such as French child psychologist Catherine Bonnet and the former president of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in the United Kingdom, Baroness Sheila Hollins. Francis is making good decisions in having acknowledged and highly qualified experts on the subject readily available to make policy and review cases. Pope Francis also made excellent choices in having campaigners against abuse, like the Reverend Hans Zollner, a Jesuit from Germany. Zollner coordinated a major conference on abuse in 2012 and continues to be an advocate for anti-abuse policy.

However, perhaps the most interesting appointment the Holy Father made was the Irish layperson Marie Collins, who was abused at the age of 13 by a hospital chaplain in the 1960s. At the time when Marie made her complaint, nothing was done because the church was interested in protecting the good name, not only of itself, but of the priest who abused her. Now, Marie Collins is an avid campaigner for victims’ rights and a member of the board of trustees of the Marie Collins Foundation in the United Kingdom.

The choice of the formidable Marie Collins to his new anti-abuse commission is a step in the right direction for Pope Francis. It clearly shows an intention to have the voice of the abused heard at the ground level of Vatican policy. The Pope’s attention to detail in staffing this commission, not just with Church officials, but with experts and victims, shows a complete turnaround from previous years when the church tried to cover up abuse cases instead of handle them. This commission gives much hope that the Roman Catholic Church will stop being a sanctuary for child abusers and rapists and become a haven for victims and those who need healing from horrible experiences.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:16 am

CULT. Nuff said!