canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:59 am

Title: Black lawyer denied entry to law society building claims racial profiling
Category: lifestyle
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2016-09-10 07:32:42
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:59 am

$1:
When his ID card turned out to be expired, the guard refused to allow them entry, despite protocol that calls for a database check that would have confirmed his lawyer status, Pieters said in an interview Friday.

This has a lot less to do with colour and a lot more to do with him being a self entitled asshole who thinks because he's a lawyer people should jump when he says so. [cry]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:15 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
$1:
When his ID card turned out to be expired, the guard refused to allow them entry, despite protocol that calls for a database check that would have confirmed his lawyer status, Pieters said in an interview Friday.

This has a lot less to do with colour and a lot more to do with him being a self entitled asshole who thinks because he's a lawyer people should jump when he says so. [cry]

Well, your own quote says that "...the guard refused to allow them entry, despite protocol" suggests that the guard turned him back without doing his job.

If this is true, then either the guard didn't know the protocol or decided to be an ass... or the lawyer pissed him off. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:25 am

Man, there sure are a lot of entitled black people around causing trouble.

As he says, he won a case in court that was very similar to this one, he'll probably win this one too. Is it really so far beyond the realm of possibility the guard did go out of his way to check a black man while letting the white ones skate. Are all complaints of "driving while black" really just entitled assholes than maybe some of them have a point?

Really just don't want to believe that racism is out there, huh?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:14 am

andyt andyt:
Man, there sure are a lot of entitled black people around causing trouble.

As he says, he won a case in court that was very similar to this one, he'll probably win this one too. Is it really so far beyond the realm of possibility the guard did go out of his way to check a black man while letting the white ones skate. Are all complaints of "driving while black" really just entitled assholes than maybe some of them have a point?

Really just don't want to believe that racism is out there, huh?

It's out there but I have alot less faith in what a lawyer says than I do in what a security guard says and if he wins it won't be because he's black it'll be because of his profession being judged by his profession.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:22 am

So he really can't win.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:32 am

Oh, he will win when he cashes that $75,000 cheque. But if the money is from a bunch of lawyers, it really doesn't bother me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:36 am

andyt andyt:
So he really can't win.

Sure he will. When he walks into court he'll be appearing before one of his peers in a place where the word of a lawyer is pretty much considered sacrosanct so, the outcome is pretty much assured.

I just wonder how much weight his word would carry and what the outcome would be if he had to appear before a court run by a security guard.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 am

But he's suing other lawyers, who will also be adding their words. Must make the heads of the judges spin to decide whose words are considered sacrosanct.

I wonder about this idea of yours that security guards are paragons of truth and justice? Most of the ones I've met have been kinda goofy, seems to me. A court run by security guards, I think, would be a kangaroo court.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:27 pm

andyt andyt:
But he's suing other lawyers, who will also be adding their words. Must make the heads of the judges spin to decide whose words are considered sacrosanct.

I wonder about this idea of yours that security guards are paragons of truth and justice? Most of the ones I've met have been kinda goofy, seems to me. A court run by security guards, I think, would be a kangaroo court.

I'm not defending the improperly trained security guards by any means but when was the last time you saw one of them chasing an ambulance?

The law profession is the most incestuous one in existence. People complain when the police, police themselves but, no one seem to have any problem when the legal profession does the same thing with the same results.