canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:41 am

Title: Canada's oil capital takes big leap toward renewable energy as it seeks to balance climate with oilsands
Category: Provincial Politics
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2017-12-15 06:26:31
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:41 am

Fucking NDP.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:34 am

The weighted average bid was 3.7 cents (3 U.S. cents) a kilowatt-hour, the lowest price for wind power ever in Canada. Developers agreed to sell power for 8.5 cents a kilowatt-hour in an Ontario procurement last year

Yep, NDP has no business sense at all.... [/s]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:25 pm

With Jason Kenney being a mini-Trump in all ways that matter I imaging anything the NDP has done (even the things that have worked out well) will all be gutted and torn down when he gets elected premier. Just like Trump's done to all-things-Obama because hatred of The Other is far more important than any other consideration, even if the enemy has done something that's actually beneficial to the public and for society.

This is who and what we all are now. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Thanos Thanos:
This is who and what we all are now. :|

No sir, that's who they are. We are who we always have been, we've just been letting them get away with that [knight] for too long.

If Kenny gets to sit in the big chair is a long shot. People will see through him like they saw through Harper. I think the right wing vote will split between the old PC party, the Alberta Party and the UnConservative Party.

I've never much cared for an NDP government, but what I do see is a lack of all the doomsday scenarios people were predicting when they were elected. They've been pretty middle of the road, so far. But I hear the rumours in the civil service that the belt tightening is going to get a bit tighter.

They will be working hard the next couple of years to reduce that deficit, while maintaining jobs and economic growth. If they can do that, I think they have a pretty good shot at re-election.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Hopefully you're correct. A Premier Kenney not unleashing a sturm-und-drang gotterdammerung to destroy all-things-NDP regardless of any and all consequences to the province is just another one of the many, many things I have no optimism towards. Can't afford optimism anymore, not after Trump when it's clear to anyone with eyes that can see that their only "conservative" goal now, period, is to cause as much harm and distress as they possible can in order to satisfy the sadism of their base.

Besides the economic hurt going on is still really bad, especially in Calgary. That alone means the blame will unfairly (for the most part) be placed on the Dippers and not on the conservatives that from Klein thru to Prentice ran the province into the ground. Hurting people have an unfortunate tendency to take it out too often on the wrong target instead of on the ones that really deserve to have the wrath fall on them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:41 pm

We get the same shit in BC. The NDP just decided that (as the Liberals had planned all along) the Site C dam was just too far along to cancel, and they will complete it.
Screaming letters to the editor about their "total betrayal" and how they'll never vote NDP again.
- from people I recognize that vote Liberal (who started it) and Green

They're claimed to be anti-job and anti-development so it was a total betrayal of everything they're accused of?
And I like all the others who voted for them didn't do so because we're against jobs. We did so because after all these years of Liberals, there aren't any around here.