Title: Canada-Russia Arctic tensions rise
Category: World
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2010-03-17 21:55:19
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:01 pm

That meeting will either be boring and uneventful or be a terrifying start to something awful.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:32 pm

Lets build a hockey rink at the North Pole and settle this already.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:55 am

I hope he doesn't plan on re asserting Russia's claim over islands in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago, that are already in our own country...

Dumb Russians i garuntee the losmonov ridge is and extension of the North Amerrican plates and the russians as usual dont car cause they have the dumb russian mentality, and medvedev thinks he is peter the great

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 am

Maybe they could go to Dayton and make a peace accord - that always works well.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:46 am

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
That meeting will either be boring and uneventful or be a terrifying start to something awful.

Hate to say it, but how many times have I said that Russia would be one of the countries scheming to steal from Canada?

Right about now I'm sure there's a few people in Ottawa happy to know that if Russia decides to use force against Canada to seize Canadian territory that it won't just be Canada they'll be answering to.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:50 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Hate to say it, but how many times have I said that Russia would be one of the countries scheming to steal from Canada?

Right about now I'm sure there's a few people in Ottawa happy to know that if Russia decides to use force against Canada to seize Canadian territory that it won't just be Canada they'll be answering to.

Sadly it's true. Once again we'll be relying on allies to cover our ass because we lack the political will to do it ourselves.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:40 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Sadly it's true. Once again we'll be relying on allies to cover our ass because we lack the political will to do it ourselves.

Case in point;

$1:
The government has also announced a new fleet of Arctic patrol ships, a deep water port

How about building it already instead of talking about it?

This is a higher priority than most of our other purchases, and yet in the FOUR years Harper's been in office, despite promises and announcements up the wazoo, nothing has been accomplished on it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:56 am

Them:

us:

I think we're in trouble.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:32 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

The thing is, I don't respect the American claim to Canadian land either, and I feel that we'd lose land in any sort of alliance.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:21 pm

andyt andyt:
Them:

us:

I think we're in trouble.

Meh, I wouldn't worry about it....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
The thing is, I don't respect the American claim to Canadian land either, and I feel that we'd lose land in any sort of alliance.

The US seabed claims northeast of Alaska are bogus, I agree. And when an international arbitrator rules against the USA (or perhaps Obama will drop the claim?) the USA will abide by the decision.

I seriously doubt that Russia would even bother with arbitration, let alone care about the result.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:03 pm

I feel that, since this involves the Russians, somebody has to raise the alarm:

THE RUSKIES ARE COMING! GET DRESSED IN YOUR BRIGHTEST RED AND GOLD. GET THE HAMMER AND SICKLE AND LINE UP NEATLY IN THE TOWN SQUARE!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:55 pm

I'm starting to support the US idea for the claim in the Beaufort sea, because in the end we Canadians would end up with a much bigger piece of pie.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:57 pm

PolyPEI PolyPEI:
I feel that, since this involves the Russians, somebody has to raise the alarm:

THE RUSKIES ARE COMING! GET DRESSED IN YOUR BRIGHTEST RED AND GOLD. GET THE HAMMER AND SICKLE AND LINE UP NEATLY IN THE TOWN SQUARE!

Lmfao, this reminds me of JustKate..