canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:57 am

Title: Canadian Forces mission in Latvia dogged by problems with harassment, unprofessional behaviour
Category: Military
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-07-31 00:11:50
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:57 am

Simular and even worse is happening with some units in the US forces. Navy Seal platton was sent back to the states because of disclipine issues among other reasons. Long term deployments with no clear reason and sustained high level of rediness wears people out. No easy fix once things like this set in.

In the Navy seals article one commander said we need to end the war on terror so we can retrain and re-establish discipline and moral.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:55 am

yes always a tough one, but lets be honest, whisper campaigns and making fun of Canadian Civi leadership was rampant when I was flying, and I have been out for 20 years...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:05 am

It's because the RSM can't have a Corporal "restore discipline" to the unit with a switch. There are too many tears these days.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:34 am

llama66 llama66:
It's because the RSM can't have a Corporal "restore discipline" to the unit with a switch. There are too many tears these days.

Definitely to many tears and a lack of strong leadership starting at the top, filtering down to the pointy end of the stick. For the last few decades we've seen the Code of Service Discipline degraded by constitutional challenges and political interference.

Get rid of the Charter for the military and bring back the NDA and maybe just maybe they'll be able to restore discipline in the military. But, if they don't it's just going to continue it's downward spiral with even more power being given to a Charter which, is more about ensuring personal rights and freedoms than ensuring the combat efficiency of the the military.

Also, given the recruiting shortages it's only going to get worse for discipline and moral by making fewer people do more jobs. I know kids who worked for me who were pierhead jumped from one 6 month deployment to another with less than a week at home. Now tell me that isn't going to affect moral?

I won't speak for the rest of the military but, the last Fleet Admiral who understood the problem was Ron Buck who "TOLD" his political masters in Ottawa that due to burnout and manning shortage he was tying up his ships for a period of time, to ensure the health of his sailors. Needless to say Admiral Buck quietly retired from the Navy soon after.

There's no quick fix. The military got themselves into this mess by catering to these new "sailors, soldiers and airmen" and now they're reaping the rewards of their good deeds with discipline problems, recruiting shortages and moral issues..

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:09 am

Um, this unprofessional behaviour is also coming from the civvies in J9.

$1:
Those efforts included J9 personnel blocking CJOC’s requests for information and section staff openly mocking CJOC orders, adding comments like “bullshit” and “highly false” on documents from CJOC commanders.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:25 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Um, this unprofessional behaviour is also coming from the civvies in J9.

$1:
Those efforts included J9 personnel blocking CJOC’s requests for information and section staff openly mocking CJOC orders, adding comments like “bullshit” and “highly false” on documents from CJOC commanders.

I personally don't give a shit about the civies in the puzzle palace because I've always expected most of them to be a species of low life bureaucrats more concerned about their iron rice bowl than doing the right thing and this just shows how far they've fallen and how untouchable they think they are.

But and this is a big but. They don't represent Canada on a world stage, they haven't signed their life away in defense of their country and they aren't subject to the training or discipline that the military is. So, you can't really compare them to the military although you could fire them but, that's highly unlikely given our current leadership. In alot of cases people who get posted to Ottawa seem to become infected with this piss poor bureaucratic attitude or move on alot quicker than their posting was for.

Prime example is the story about an Admiral who was appointed Vice CDS. Posted to Ottawa, on first day in his office unloading his kit when some civilian thunders in unannounced, drops a pile of papers on his desk and tells him to have them signed by the next day. The shocked Admiral asked his secretary who the hell that was and was informed that it was the "deputy minister of national defense" and that if he wanted to keep his job he'd have those things signed by the next day. He didn't last long either.

Now, with that being said, after watching how that [kissass] sycophant who's supposed to be our CDS acts, is it any wonder discipline, moral and ethics are at an all time low with the military and respect non existent with the civies?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:01 pm

$1:
our CDS

CDS? Not sure what that stands for.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Chief of Defence Staff - I think the US equivalent is Chairman of the Joint Chiefs.

Last edited by bootlegga on Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:57 pm

Okay thanks [B-o]