canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:34 am

Title: Conservatives grill Sajjan over departure of sixth military vice-chief since 2015
Category: Military
Posted By: uwish
Date: 2020-03-12 07:29:12
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:34 am

DnD is a shit show, while I don't have any direct knowledge I still have many friends that are serving. Some at the full Col level, I get the sense that this government has been the worst to deal with when it comes to military needs, priorities, spending etc. I know that no Canadian government of any party has been stellar but the frustration is definitely growing within the ranks.

Same old story, do more with less, make promises then don't deliver while the government still expects DnD to do all their taskings etc with next to no resources. It gets pretty fucken old after how many decades now?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:32 am

uwish uwish:
DnD is a shit show, while I don't have any direct knowledge I still have many friends that are serving. Some at the full Col level, I get the sense that this government has been the worst to deal with when it comes to military needs, priorities, spending etc. I know that no Canadian government of any party has been stellar but the frustration is definitely growing within the ranks.

Same old story, do more with less, make promises then don't deliver while the government still expects DnD to do all their taskings etc with next to no resources. It gets pretty fucken old after how many decades now?

Why the hell are they grilling the MND and not his henchman the CDS since he's the the person who's been in a direct working relationship with all these people who've swallowed the anchor?

And, for the record, you're absolutely right. Given the history of this gov'ts dealings with Veterans and the military it's quite apparent that taking care of the troops, both serving and retired is nothing more than an afterthought which doesn't register on their radar.