canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:01 am

Title: Disney's Lucasfilm ditches 'The Mandalorian' star Gina Carano over social media posts
Category: Showbiz
Posted By: Scape
Date: 2021-02-11 01:42:21

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:01 am

Make stupid statements, win stupid prizes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:07 am

Comparing qanon idiots getting shit on for being dumb as rocks to jews being beaten in the streets in nazi germany.

Seems legit.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:50 am

This is the way.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:55 am

Mandalorian Season 3 spoiler:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:26 am

Be interesting if they recast her, you'd think she was going to be the rangers of the new republic show.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:23 am

You mess with the Mouse, you lose your house.

The really stupid part is that John Favreau really went to bat for her after the first incident. She dodged that bullet and still didn’t learn her lesson. No sympathy now.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:58 pm

The torches and pitchforks are out. I am sure we will be able to have a reasoned and nuanced discussion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:34 pm

Unfortunately reasoned and nuanced went out the window the second Gina used a picture of a Jewish woman about to be murdered in the Lvov pogrom of 1941 as a serious comparison to the alleged "oppression" faced by (white) American conservatives and Trump supporters.

It's a shame. I liked her. And it sucks that she turns out to be another weirdo right-wing celeb like Sorbo, Woods, Baio, Alley, Sabato Jr., etc, who really has no idea what the hell she's talking about.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:20 pm

TDPS on Gina

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:32 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Scape Scape:
I am sure we will be able to have a reasoned and nuanced discussion.

Sorry man, I just can't take more than a few seconds of those videos.

We could have a nuanced discussion, if it were a nuanced subject. But it isn't. It's black and white.

We could have a discussion on the treatment of people in modern society, but having a discussion about established history is impossible. Especially that history. But people like her seem to think that they really are putting forth ideas and trying to have adult conversations. The flaw in their argument is to try to tell us about things that happened in a different context that lends itself to changing the reality of those events.

I heard a good interview the other day. A couple guys went to take a Plantation Tour in Louisiana. Very scenic. Plantations have become a destination for weddings and parties etc. They were the very first black men to take that plantation tour. Needless to say, it was very awkward for everyone.

And they were genuinely surprised that anything that actually had to do with slaves has been demolished and removed from that plantation. No buildings. No pictures. All removed. Complete re-write of history. Just like the Confederate organizations that try to paint the slaves in the camps with soldiers, as being soldiers fighting for the south.

This is what people like Carano, whether intentionally or not, try to do. They pretend that their ancestors weren't the kind of people to line up Jews and march them into gas chambers, by pretending everyone was doing it. Poland even recently made a law that saying Poland was involved in such things is illegal.

{s}No! Our ancestors didn't have slaves while they were fighting the Yanks! They were actually black people fighting for slavery! They loved slavery!{/s}

I love a good debate, but there is a line I don't cross. I don't walk up to cameras and say "F- her right in the pussy!" because it's a dick thing to do and people lose their careers over it.

It's not like she wasn't warned that what she was doing would end hers. I don't really see any debate to be had.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:12 pm

And I’m sure she’ll be fine. She’ll go on the “persecuted conservative” welfare program and make movies with Kevin Sorbo that no more than five people will see. And all the while she can think back about she had it made: a star on a massive hit of a show. Likely star of another hit show in the same franchise. And she pissed it all away in two months even after being warned to not be stupid on social media.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:14 pm

That was a pic tweeted today by the CDS. See anything wrong?

Here was the tweet:

https://twitter.com/CDS_Canada_CEMD/sta ... 1349438464

And the context? Diversity. To show that he tweeted a pic of his senior leadership, all white and one woman and she's not even in the room! Tone deaf right? It's the same problem with Gina but she is just someone who bucks at being told what to do instinctually and I get that. She screwed up by using the holocaust but I get her intent. She did cross a line just as the CDS did but she is an employee and the CDS is a leader, there is a difference. Leadership is lacking here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:18 pm

Yeah, it was a self-inflicted career suicide. No different at all than a celeb losing their mind on drugs or booze. The only thing that's remarkable about someone killing their career over something as drab and tacky as current right-wing politics & conspiracy bullshit is how pathetic and stupid it is. A drug addict or alcoholic is typically someone who's in massive internal pain numbing themselves into a death spiral. A political junkie ruining themselves for the sake of "the cause" is really just being a moron getting some weird thrill out of it when they gather up likes on Twitter for their idiotic comments or being mentioned in the right-wing media as some sort of victim.

Haywire remains a great movie though, especially the scene when Gina kicked the shit out of Fassbender. That's the awesome Carano I'm going to try to remember, not the one that nuked herself for the sake of a disgusting political tribe.