canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:53 am

Title: Eight-year-old girl takes her dog for a walk. Neighbour calls police, then child welfare officials
Category: lifestyle
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2018-08-26 11:02:51

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:53 am

We live just over a KM from our school, and they just removed the school bus for any child older than kindergarten, as well as any child of any age who has a sibling in grade 1 or above. So now we have 4 year olds being walked to school by their 6 year old siblings.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:10 am

This is insane. Now the poor family will have to deal with the locusts from CPS constantly harassing them. :roll:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:57 am

That dog looks vicious. The neighbors should have called the Humane Society too.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:25 am

I guess every single parent for the past 200,000 years has been raising their kids wrong and we all turned out broken. Who knew?

The line I always use on helicopter parents who tell me I'm a horrible parent for letting my kid be a kid is "There may be a 1 in a million chance my kid gets kidnapped, drowns, gets hit by a car, or otherwise harmed if I give him freedom to be a kid. But there's a 100% chance of him growing up to be a douchy, entitled snowflake if I don't"

Which is usually followed by scowls and people saying under their breath that I'm a terrible, lazy parent. Meanwhile my kid is top of his class, insanely mature and well behaved, respectful and an all around great kid - the type of kid other parents look at and say "how did you do that"? Answer? "I taught him how to do shit for himself so he could have fun, learn responsibility, and be a fucking kid"

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:38 am

Prof_Chomsky Prof_Chomsky:
I guess every single parent for the past 200,000 years has been raising their kids wrong and we all turned out broken. Who knew?

The line I always use on helicopter parents who tell me I'm a horrible parent for letting my kid be a kid is "There may be a 1 in a million chance my kid gets kidnapped, drowns, gets hit by a car, or otherwise harmed if I give him freedom to be a kid. But there's a 100% chance of him growing up to be a douchy, entitled snowflake if I don't"

Which is usually followed by scowls and people saying under their breath that I'm a terrible, lazy parent. Meanwhile my kid is top of his class, insanely mature and well behaved, respectful and an all around great kid - the type of kid other parents look at and say "how did you do that"? Answer? "I taught him how to do shit for himself so he could have fun, learn responsibility, and be a fucking kid"

R=UP