Date: 2019-12-04 20:44:10
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:47 pm

$1:
"There's a bunch of turkeys in the middle of the road," added Gail. "They were following me back home so I come out onto the veranda and sure enough, I could hear them first. I could hear the 'gobble, gobble, gobble.'"

Another neighbourhood resident, Carol Grant, said the touring turkeys visited her garden as well.

"They're eating out of my flower pots, they're up the sidewalk, they're everywhere," said Grant.

While the birds were in the neighbourhood, some residents say the animals gorged themselves on the local plant life.

"I'm glad they're gone," says Gail. "We're all glad they're gone. I'm a huge gardener and I was just concerned about the pecking and digging."

Why didn't they just give them names? You know, like Sandwich, Soup and Dinner? :P

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:05 pm

Used to get deer in the yard in Victoria. Just sit and look, and think, and ....
are the neighbors watching ? :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:50 am

Perhaps their brief conquest would be more terrifying if they weren't frikken delicious. [drool]

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:53 am

Strutz Strutz:
Why didn't they just give them names? You know, like Sandwich, Soup and Dinner? :P
As long as nobody calls them White or Dark meat, then all is good.

In The Anarky, nobody needs refrigerators.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:30 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Perhaps their brief conquest would be more terrifying if they weren't frikken delicious. [drool]

Amen to that! My friends across the river in Yolo County didn't get their Thanksgiving turkeys at the grocery store! PDT_Armataz_01_36

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:40 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Amen to that! My friends across the river in Yolo County didn't get their Thanksgiving turkeys at the grocery store! PDT_Armataz_01_36

I used to only serve things at Thanksgiving that I grew or caught. Lots of Grouse and Moose for thanksgiving at the Caleb household. [drool]