canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:30 am

Title: Labour Day weekend in Toronto means the city is inundated by the sounds of the air show
Category: lifestyle
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2018-09-02 09:26:31
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:30 am

Under the category of 'Things Toronto's Prog->Comms find to complain about.'

I mean...all the current problems Toronto has and they're worried their annual air show might upset the refugees.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:26 am

Wow. Why does this not completely surprise me? :roll:

Big events like this take place in many of our cities across the nation at various times of the year (well, mostly summer) and of course they cause disruption to the immediate area where the event is being held, whether it be noise, traffic re-routing and of course the influx of people attending the event.

There is no way that any governing group should consider cancelling events because a minority group "disapproves" for whatever reason.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:58 pm

This falls under the category of "WTF".

If the site and sound of planes bother our new immigrants so much perhaps we should disband our military and shut down all airports to ensure they aren't traumatized or better yet move these poor traumatized people along with the idiot who posted the Tweet to Inuvik where there is very little chance they'll see anything in the air except black flies and the occasional polar bear in a biplane. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Given the nature of the Toronto city council I fully expect them to abolish the air show in order to placate the whiners. After they let BLM destroy the Pride parade it would be wise to expect them to absolutely anything they want in order to secure their cred among the SJW types.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:57 am

[bash] [stupid] [BF] [wedgie]
It's times like this we need a lot more emoticons for idiocy. I swear there's something in the water or air that's making people unable to complete a single logical train of thought.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:59 am

Prof_Chomsky Prof_Chomsky:
I swear there's something in the water or air that's making people unable to complete a single logical train of thought.

Nah. It's just Twitter and Facebook responsible for it all. Those things attract the mouthbreathers like moths to a flame.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:54 pm

This is a perennial issue in Comox too. I think the base got rid of its air show due to rich city folks buying up all the waterfront property and retiring there. They even complain about the SAR exercises.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Diversity is our strength.