canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:16 am

Title: People's Party won't take action against N.S. candidate who called Islam 'pure evil'
Category: Political
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-10-11 11:31:33
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:16 am

In the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't really matter since i'm pretty sure there weren't alot of Muslims or left wingers intending to vote for her in the first place.

But good for her for standing by her convictions and whether they were right or wrong isn't the issue here. Given the sad state of accountability and low standard in politics right now all she would have had to do was lie saying that she didn't know the difference between Islam and radical Islam and she'd have been forgiven.

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:22 am

Speaking personally I can tell you she didn't lose the vote of us who think if you follow Islam's instruction manual she was pretty much just calling a spade a spade.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:24 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Speaking personally I can tell you she didn't lose the vote of us who think if you follow Islam's instruction manual she was pretty much just calling a spade a spade.

Sorry, you responded to quick. I edited my original post to reflect Canada's standards when things like this happen.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:30 am

I don't know...

There's a good argument that has to do with something they call "abrogation" that says she called it right the first time.

Possibly you could say there's a difference between orthodox Islam and the one apologists like Wikipedia tell you about. But when the caliphate takes over you're not getting your instructions from Wikipedia.

But I'm thinking that those calling for her head right now don't take apologies or explanations anyway. Better to just ride it out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:08 pm

wow. your libertarian obsession with that teenage girl was enough to get you to change your avatar for the first time in over a decade. incredible

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:10 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
I don't know...

But I'm thinking that those calling for her head right now don't take apologies or explanations anyway. Better to just ride it out.

That may be true but the tact that Trudeau and Gerald Butts have taken is apologise and then, just ignore because, for some odd reason their supporters are still going to vote for them despite the fact that the PM's past history of physical attacks on women, current numerous ethics violations and blatant anti feminism would sink any other Canadian politician's career. [huh]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:30 pm

What past history of “physical attacks” are you referring to, that one alleged incident 20 years ago where allegedly he tried to grind with a woman in the dance floor?

What blatant anti-feminism are you referring to? His fallouts with 3 party members who happened to be women?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:42 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
What past history of “physical attacks” are you referring to, that one alleged incident 20 years ago where allegedly he tried to grind with a woman in the dance floor?

What blatant anti-feminism are you referring to? His fallouts with 3 party members who happened to be women?

Nope not 20 years ago but a little more recent in case you've forgotten.

$1:
"What kind of man elbows a woman? It's pathetic! You're pathetic!" Mulcair can be heard on tape shouting at Trudeau.

An emotional Brosseau said later in the House that she had been "elbowed in the chest by the prime minister," bringing Trudeau to his feet once again to "apologize unreservedly."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudea ... -1.3588407

$1:
At first pass, the SNC-Lavalin affair might not seem like an issue with a feminist underpinning. But the problem with running on a feminist agenda is that when two of your strongest female cabinet ministers resign, you face something of a feminist reckoning. Trudeau has earned international accolades for his vocal support of women’s issues; here at home, he has been criticized for virtue signaling. And the question of what it really means to have gender parity—not just in the cabinet or government, but at work, at home, and in society more broadly—is something for which Trudeau’s brand of feminism might not be able to provide a satisfying answer.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... ld/584677/

So, good old "act and then apologize" is still getting a pass from Liberal voters no matter what he does because, the results of a non Liberal gov't for them would be to horrific to contemplate. If there's on thing the "right to rule" people can't stand is a differing political philosophy running their country.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Wah wah virtue signal what a bunch of crybabies.
Actual disgusting behaviour like cutting foreign aid, promising to cut public services and not believing in climate change - now those are virtues!
Mocking children because they give a shit, yes that's a new low but we've seen no matter how low those who call themselves the right go, they'll still go even lower.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:19 pm

herbie herbie:
Wah wah virtue signal what a bunch of crybabies.
Actual disgusting behaviour like cutting foreign aid, promising to cut public services and not believing in climate change - now those are virtues!
Mocking children because they give a shit, yes that's a new low but we've seen no matter how low those who call themselves the right go, they'll still go even lower.

How dare you!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:42 am

creepy

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:41 am

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
creepy

That's what I thought when she first said it.

Then I laughed.