Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2017-04-11 11:20:51
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:27 am

Early predictions indicate we will be going NDP in this election.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:33 am

Strutz Strutz:

Makes me happy I sold my holdings in BC. It was hard enough as it was and I imagine the NDP will bring in rent control to kill the investor market.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:48 pm

There has always been rent control.
Which probably means dick compared to the 15% foreign buyers tax the Liberals already imposed, with massive public support I might add.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:53 pm

It's going to be close. My guess is that the NDP will win by a nose but then again, Horgan is an unknown leader who's chosen to court the "green" vote over the traditional Union ones which may come back to Adrian Dix him in the future.

Other than the usual attack ads I've yet to see an NDP plan except to stop all "non renewable" resource "exploitation" which will kill thousands of good paying resource sector jobs if they are actually dense enough to do it. 8O

Then again, maybe Horgan intends to take a page from Trudeau's play book and plans to promise the moon while honouring almost none of it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:41 pm

Well in spite of the fact I completely reject those usual anti-NDP fallacies, including the plan you but no one else has ever seen, I gotta admit I've never been less enthusiastic about supporting them. Time to toss the bums out, they're the only real choice.
You want to kill all resource development and leave a half built dam, vote Green.

I'm just wondering where the crowd is shouting "Lock her up!" about Christy is after triple deleting emails from the government servers.
We're too complacent here, specially after the crap from down South. Every issue seems small. Most likely another Liberal majority.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:46 pm

The Liberals will win and weeks later Christy Clark will step down as leader for personal reasons. If the NDP win the Chinese Criminal Money Laundering Vancouver Real Estate Enterprise isn't going to end over night.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:09 pm

herbie herbie:
Well in spite of the fact I completely reject those usual anti-NDP fallacies, including the plan you but no one else has ever seen, I gotta admit I've never been less enthusiastic about supporting them. Time to toss the bums out, they're the only real choice.
You want to kill all resource development and leave a half built dam, vote Green.

I'm just wondering where the crowd is shouting "Lock her up!" about Christy is after triple deleting emails from the government servers.
We're too complacent here, specially after the crap from down South. Every issue seems small. Most likely another Liberal majority.

So you're saying the NDP's Leap Manifesto is a fallacy and Horgan isn't embracing at least some major parts of it? The only problem with Horgan is that we don't know which ones he's embracing and so it well could be the anti resource sector portion and he just doesn't want to say it out loud.

$1:
This raises an important question. Exactly where does NDP leader John Horgan stand on the manifesto? Asked that very question nine months ago, Horgan responded:

“There are elements in the document that make sense and there are elements that make no sense for British Columbia. So, we won’t proceed under any kind of manifesto in the next 12 months under my leadership.”

As we approach the May 9 provincial election, British Columbians need a more specific answer from someone who wants to be premier. What parts of the manifesto does Horgan support?

• The end of use of gasoline and other fossil fuels?

• A ban on all pipeline construction?

• The end of our resource economy?

• Taxpayers funding a minimum salary for all, including those who don’t work?

And does Horgan agree with the manifesto’s plan to scuttle future LNG projects and phase out the mining industry, as many in the NDP demand. Does he agree with the manifesto’s scheme of hiring more civil servants to make up for the jobs lost in the resource sector?

The truth is, we simply don’t know where Horgan stands on the manifesto.

I also think it's pretty telling that one of the major Unions in BC has stepped away from backing their traditional party to stand with the Liberals. A fact which means they've decided that the Liberals are the lesser of two evils.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4006400

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:18 am

Strutz Strutz:

I hope for your sake that doesn't happen - Horgan's NDP seems like a disaster waiting to happen. His stated position on several issues will seriously damage relations with Alberta and the federal government and his platform is going to cost the middle class in BC a small fortune, just like it has in Alberta.