canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:45 am

Title: The CBC�s �no whites� policy is a mistake, but no accident | National Post
Category: Showbiz
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2016-02-26 02:22:51
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:45 am

I surprised if that is legal, if it is then it is something that uld have disappeared from North America a very long time time ago.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:04 am

If this is true I think quite bit less about the CBC than I use to. I used to think that they were a first rate news organization that (at least for me) reported American news better than some of the American oganizations.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:38 am

meh. One Job, hard to say what part the CBC played in it, National Post will almost always criticize the CBC for something. Even if the CBC wanted no Caucasian for this one position, I still don't care. It's 1 position, the CBC tries to be as diverse as possible, there are plenty of Caucasians working there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:04 am

It's for hosting a show. What the person looks like is an important piece of the equation. Different than if it was somebody off camera. Fuss about nothing. Next the frothers will insist that they should consider whites to play Othello.

$1:
This doesn’t offend me. Producers pick the best guests to meet their show’s needs. But what does stick out about these experiences is how blase the CBC’s staff is about it. Based on how openly and cheerfully they discuss the needs to fill positions — even just guest commentators competing for eight minutes on The Current — based on the race or gender of the candidate, you can be absolutely positive that the CBC’s entire culture is steeped in diversity. It’s Priority One.

So what he's saying is that he's OK with TV stations picking on air people to meet their needs, he just wishes they'd be more pc about how they state that, dance around the topic a bit.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 am

Like I've long said:

"Tolerance" means you have to tolerate THEM.

But they can hate YOU all they want. :!:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:08 am

As soon as you perceive "us" and "them", tolerance is out the window.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:10 am

Lemmy Lemmy:

Exactly. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:18 am

This happens in every TV station all the time. You think the women they now hire to read the news are better at it than the men, or were they chosen for their gender? For some reason they always seem to wind up with one woman and one man - can't possibly be a intentional policy, right? And now we're seeing more minorities as well, what, they all of a sudden became better news presenters than white people, where they didn't used to be?

The CBC just apparently is more up front in what they're doing, the bastards.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:21 am

andyt andyt:
Next the frothers will insist that they should consider whites to play Othello.

But why not? We have an Asian female Dr. Watson on Sherlock Holmes. I saw a black Santa Claus at the mall a couple of months back. I get that organizations, like police departments, in sum, ought to reflect the racial diversity of our society (see Ferguson, MO) but we really ought to be past casting in this manner.

Last edited by Lemmy on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:21 am

Lemmy Lemmy:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:24 am

We're not. There are plenty of roles where the race/ethnicity of the character is not identified. But Othello is "the moor of Venice." Or how about a biopic of Martin Luther King starring Christian Bale? In his best gravelly voice "I'm Black Man." There's a reason why casting calls are exempt from human rights laws.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:26 am

Any white guy at a joint like the CBC is a filthy fucking Ryerson grad communist anyway so who really cares if he gets any air time at all? I ain't watching their shit regardless of who they have on air. Image Image

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:29 am

Anyone notice this article is from 2013?

Also, casting on the basis of apeparance, including race - which is usually in the favour of whites - is common in show business.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:41 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
....which is usually in the favour of whites.....

As it should be too. Image

As this apparently has become some kind of unofficial Aryan-enriched meme day here at CKA....

:twisted: