Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2015-01-06 00:57:47
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:01 am

Ezra and David Menzies discuss this in a Sun video posted at the blog below.

http://www.blazingcatfur.ca/2015/01/05/ ... bogganing/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:30 am

It's getting harder to find tobogganing hills around here. We lost three good ones in recent years by someone intentionally "engineering" the landscape so that you can't slide rather than turfing the kids off. What a shame. Fecking lawyers have hijacked kids fun yet again.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:00 am

Tobogganing was some of the best fun ever! When I was a kid, I used to head out to the hills after breakfast, come home for lunch, then go back out again! Some of the best times was when a bunch of us lined up our GT Snowracers on the big hill and did a rolling demo derby (known as Chinese Downhill) on the way down!

My dad had to drag me away once because I went back after dinner and it got too dark to see down the hill. I didn't care, however :mrgreen:

It seems like no one wants to let anyone do anything anymore. Kids are becoming wimps in a hurry. Whatever happened to fun and a little danger? So you go tobagganing and crash? You pick yourself back up and go again!

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:36 am

Like most sports, it can be dangerous if you're not careful. That responsibility however should fall on parents, not the government.

I took my four year old sledding last year and she loved it. And we'll go again this year when it warms up a bit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:48 am

When the dug out was almost empty and my Dad piled the snow right on the edge and one of my brothers would make super fast tracks with his snowmobile for me and it was so awesome I actually still remember it. Some things are so much fun that they are worth the risk. :P Sometimes Trixy would ride with me. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:17 am

Stuff like this seriously pisses me off. How the hell does some shitpump lawyer who gets injured while breaking a city by-law sue the city and win? Like it's the city's fault that a lawyer has trouble comprehending city by-laws.

Seems kind'a pointless having laws and by-laws when people can break them and successfully sue for injuries sustained while breaking those laws.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:22 am

This is the society the leftists wanted for us.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:22 pm

Society enabled by the courts that should know better even if society doesn't.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:25 pm

Society of Pussies!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:26 pm

BRAH BRAH:
The Right Honourable Society of Pussies!

Sorry for the edit but I had to put that 'proper' British sound on it! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:06 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
It seems like no one wants to let anyone do anything anymore. Kids are becoming wimps in a hurry. Whatever happened to fun and a little danger? So you go tobagganing and crash? You pick yourself back up and go again!

-J.

And yet, 'we' blame the kids for becoming lazy, video game playing little shits.

I wonder why they are so bored? [/sarcasm]

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:40 pm

Brenda Brenda:
And yet, 'we' blame the kids for becoming lazy, video game playing little shits.
I wonder why they are so bored? [/sarcasm]

What's wrong with video games?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:17 am

The school near my house has a massive hill-like landscape. The last two days have been "snow days" and I've never seen so many people in that field.

I was just talking with my cousin the other day about how surprising it is that you can still buy "crazy carpets".

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:19 am

Udder foolishness.

Yeah you can get injured in some freak accident just as you can get injured walking down the street.

I never got hurt once sledding. Once I went down on a saucer with my mom at a ski resort and hit a small snow ramp backwards and crashed pretty hard. We were perfectly fine and kept going.

In 99% of all cases of sledding, anybody with a brain, even a 4 year old with common sense, will first scope out the area you want to sled and determine if there is anything you can crash into or if the hill is too steep. If nobody does this than that's their stupidity.

Banning sledding makes about as much sense as blanket banning skateboarding or rollerblading in public places. You can slap helmets, padding and bubble wrap on someone while riding a bike and chances are, someone will no doubt find a way to injure or kill themselves.

Ban biking.

Crap, oxygen gradually degrades our bodies and is one of the main causes of aging... Ban oxygen!

Fk'n wanks.