canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:10 pm

I think this was a great show especially episodes 8 and 9. I love the characters Vision and Wanda as you could see the love was real and I thought the antagonists complimented the theme. There is a lot to marrying up the licenses and the cross-over aspects are intriguing. The future has potential. The minor characters Darcy and Jimmy are scene stealers. There is an argument to be made that Wanda is a villain but if that the case I don't wanna be good.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:17 am

Wanda's not a villain but she's probably insane. Both from losing Pietro due to Ultron and Vision due to Thanos. And her power is probably some kind of offshoot from the Reality Stone which makes it worse for her. In the comics it led to her changing the mutant landscape in one of the most memorable and gut-wrenching stories over the last twenty years of X-Men books. With the mutants due to be morphed somehow into the existing MCU it will more than make canonical sense if they use Wanda as the trigger mechanism to put it all into motion.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:21 am

Meh.

I got tired of the 50's television theme after the first couple of shows. They could have just skipped to the last couple after that.

Not a bad addition to the Marvel Universe, but I don't see it's value if Vision isn't in it going forward. It could easily have just been Wandas' origin story, without the 'Leave it to Beaver' intro.

Fantastic finish though! Really good production value, for a weekly show.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:31 am

I though it was a well done series from start to finish though I felt the last episode left too many unanswered questions. The acting was great all around as were the visual effects.

In response to Thanos, I’d say Scarlet Witch is more a Jean Grey like character now. Exceptionally powerful, but one trauma away from losing her shit and blowing everything up in a firey ball of vengeance.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:36 pm

Yeah, I think they call them Omega-class mutants in the X-books, the ones that can destroy the entire world in a heartbeat if they want to. Magneto, Prof X, Jean Grey, and Wanda, with a few others too I can't remember. They pretty much on the same level as Thanos, except their power is something they're born with, not a result from acquiring outside weaponry like the Infinity stones.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:37 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:02 pm