CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Dragon-Dancer wrote:

$1:
It's a sad day for democracy because we're faced with a majority dictatorship. In a majority like this when none of the other parties can do squat to oppose the government in power there is no democracy, there is no consensus building and there is no checks and balances in place.

To say that it's all fine just because if they don't do their jobs they'll be turned out in 4 years is delusional. A great deal of damage can be done with nearly unchecked power in 4 years. That's my point.

OTI, don't assume. In any case 'my guy', the local ndp candidate I voted for, wasn't likely to win here in Alberta from the start.

This suggests you are using words that you have no real understanding of.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:53 pm

raydan raydan:
The NDP winner in Bertier-Maskinongé... Ruth Ellen Brosseau
The one that went to Las Vegas during the campaign and can't speak French. :lol:

From her Facebook page... 8O
Activités - poker, black jack, vacation, bar, running for MP and not giving a fuck

You really want to know what her, and others like the 19 year old who was going to work at a golf course this summer if he didn't get elected, being elected means? That the people of Quebec wanted anyone elected besides the Bloc, Liberals or Conservatives. Even this bubble head was a better alternative to the others... :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:01 pm

QBC QBC:
raydan raydan:
The one that went to Las Vegas during the campaign and can't speak French. :lol:

Activités - poker, black jack, vacation, bar, running for MP and not giving a fuck

You really want to know what her, and others like the 19 year old who was going to work at a golf course this summer if he didn't get elected, being elected means? That the people of Quebec wanted anyone elected besides the Bloc, Liberals or Conservatives. Even this bubble head was a better alternative to the others... :lol:

That was the protest vote of ALL protest votes, probably even better than electing a Rhino...
... a 20 something party girl who can't speak French and who doesn't give a fuck.
I'd sit her next to Elizabeth May in Ottawa, that would be fun.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:04 pm

QBC QBC:
raydan raydan:

I love this comment which is on her facebook wall:
$1:
Ruth, I heard you've been appointed Jack Layton's deputy minister in charge of his "Shiatsu" Massages.
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Dragon-Dancer wrote:

$1:
It's a sad day for democracy because we're faced with a majority dictatorship. In a majority like this when none of the other parties can do squat to oppose the government in power there is no democracy, there is no consensus building and there is no checks and balances in place.

To say that it's all fine just because if they don't do their jobs they'll be turned out in 4 years is delusional. A great deal of damage can be done with nearly unchecked power in 4 years. That's my point.

OTI, don't assume. In any case 'my guy', the local ndp candidate I voted for, wasn't likely to win here in Alberta from the start.

This suggests you are using words that you have no real understanding of.

You gotta love posts like his. [B-o]

It only becomes a dictatorship when:

A. His party doesn't win;
B. His party doesn't get elected as part of an opposition in a minority Government where they can weild power;
C. The Majorities version of Consensus doesn't jive with his parties wish list or demands.

:roll:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:10 pm

Does that mean the 2015 election is cancelled?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:51 pm

There'll be a new party in power then because the Conservatives will have held power for a decade, and regardless of how well they have done things(knock on wood) the voters will be looking for a change. This majority will be harper's one and only.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:05 pm

0:
5683761559_c4ba575df1_o.png
5683761559_c4ba575df1_o.png [ 502.31 KiB | Viewed 73 times ]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:08 pm

YES! I'm in the MJ section!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:15 pm

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:29 pm

raydan raydan:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:31 pm

man, listening to some forums, and some FB comments, no wonder the Liberals got turfed. The losers are all bitching about how the people who voted for a conservative majority are stupid and not aware of the real issues. What a contemptuous and contemptible lot. Like most self declared 'progressives' they are paternalistic and undemocratic.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:33 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
man, listening to some forums, and some FB comments, no wonder the Liberals got turfed. The losers are all bitching about how the people who voted for a conservative majority are stupid and not aware of the real issues. What a contemptuous and contemptible lot. Like most self declared 'progressives' they are paternalistic and undemocratic.

They have four years to figure out what went wrong but more than likely they'll still bitch and complain.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:04 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

I made the mistake of engaging one, but pulled away before my IQ dropped any lower.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:18 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
andyt andyt:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
And CPP too. Relying on CPP and OAS isn't a good plan.

I wonder if your work pension plan is self funded, the way CPP is? Or do taxpayers contribute to it. Taxpayers who themselves don't get such a plan. Taxpayers who work at low wages and themselves find it very hard to put away anything for retirement.

No, I pay 11% of my wage into my plan. I pay taxes too. If you want a good pension, get off your arse and pay for it. Otherwise sit on it and be happy with OAS and CPP.

Not everyone can afford to pay into a plan when they barely make enough to pay for essentials every month. Most of those don't get a pension plan through work either, thus CPP and OAS needs to at least be enough when they retire. Sure it shouldn't be an extravagant retirement with only that but you should at least be able to live on it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next