Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:21 am

Curtman Curtman:
So... I got a 2011 census in the mail today. Do I just rip that up now, or send it back with "F U" written on it.

Fill it out, takes 10 minutes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:29 am

Dragon-Dancer Dragon-Dancer:
Curtman Curtman:
So... I got a 2011 census in the mail today. Do I just rip that up now, or send it back with "F U" written on it.

Fill it out, takes 10 minutes.

Ditto. Some of us use the censuses. They're an important research tool.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:31 am

$1:
Not everyone can afford to pay into a plan when they barely make enough to pay for essentials every month. Most of those don't get a pension plan through work either, thus CPP and OAS needs to at least be enough when they retire. Sure it shouldn't be an extravagant retirement with only that but you should at least be able to live on it.

Hey, do you think I'm a huge fan of losing 11% of my after tax wage each pay cheque? You have a choice in this country. Pay in to a pension scheme or live off CPP and OAS. Don't knock me because I got off my arse to provide for my future. Get off your own arse instead of whining.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:37 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Epic fail.

Democracy is what we had yesterday. Democracy here in Canada involves more than just who won, but the entire process itself. Our Country is a democracy that runs on a FPTP system whether the losers like it or not.

I guarantee you that if the NDP won a majority today, you wouldn't have written those words.

The people have a voice. We have MP's who are accountable to us and when you piss us off, or you give us second rate product, we kick your ass to the curb.

Just ask Ignatieff and the Liberal party what democracy is all about.

FPTP isn't true democracy but currently it's the form we live with.

I can guarantee that you would be wrong about me not complaining if the NPD had got a majority. This just shows that you actually didn't read or comprehend what I wrote at all. A majority is a majority no matter who has it.

Gunnair Gunnair:
Dragon-Dancer wrote:
This suggests you are using words that you have no real understanding of.

This suggests you like to make assumptions about people you don't actually know.

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
You gotta love posts like his. [B-o]

It only becomes a dictatorship when:

A. His party doesn't win;
B. His party doesn't get elected as part of an opposition in a minority Government where they can weild power;
C. The Majorities version of Consensus doesn't jive with his parties wish list or demands.
:roll:

A. I've been perfectly clear that it's not about my party winning.
B. Minorities are generally better and more representative working governments than Majorities.
C. Majorities in general don't jive with my view of democracy, it's not party specific. It may not be a true dictatorship but it might as well be until the next election.

This is the last time time I'm going to comment on this. I've been as clear on my position as I can be.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:38 am

The Liberal voter doth protest too much.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:41 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
$1:
Not everyone can afford to pay into a plan when they barely make enough to pay for essentials every month. Most of those don't get a pension plan through work either, thus CPP and OAS needs to at least be enough when they retire. Sure it shouldn't be an extravagant retirement with only that but you should at least be able to live on it.

Hey, do you think I'm a huge fan of losing 11% of my after tax wage each pay cheque? You have a choice in this country. Pay in to a pension scheme or live off CPP and OAS. Don't knock me because I got off my arse to provide for my future. Get off your own arse instead of whining.

Yep, all you Tim's workers listen up. You don't deserve more than a shit wage, even tho your employer makes a huge amount of profit. And listen to Brother Brock. Get off your asses and work double and triple shifts. Then you can pay into some mythical private pension scheme - not your employer's mind you, since he doesn't provide one. And be sure to pay your taxes, so Brother Brock and pay into his government pension scheme from the wages your taxes pay for, while he castigates you for sitting on your arse.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:44 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
$1:

People can still work very hard and not get anywhere though no fault of their own. Lack of viable opportunities is a huge culprit, laziness has little or nothing to do with the issue.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:47 am

Simple way out for the Tim's workers.

Learn to speak English well enough to communicate in a broader array of Canadian workplaces.

Go to school and enhance your qualifications so that you are a viable prospect to compete for a better paying job and therefore ensuring you have a more fiscally secure retirement.

Or do what Uncle andy says and whine about your lot and retire on CPP and OAS.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:56 am

andyt andyt:

Yep, all you Tim's workers listen up. You don't deserve more than a shit wage, even tho your employer makes a huge amount of profit. And listen to Brother Brock. Get off your asses and work double and triple shifts. Then you can pay into some mythical private pension scheme - not your employer's mind you, since he doesn't provide one. And be sure to pay your taxes, so Brother Brock and pay into his government pension scheme from the wages your taxes pay for, while he castigates you for sitting on your arse.

Glad you finally get it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:59 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Simple way out for the Tim's workers.

Learn to speak English well enough to communicate in a broader array of Canadian workplaces.

Go to school and enhance your qualifications so that you are a viable prospect to compete for a better paying job and therefore ensuring you have a more fiscally secure retirement.

Or do what Uncle andy says and whine about your lot and retire on CPP and OAS.

The only thing I whine about is that our pension scheme should be adequate for everybody. Do what the NDP says and double contributions and raise payouts. CPP is in great shape. That would save us a ton of money as retirees live more on what they contributed during their working life, less on govt handouts, with all the costs associated with poverty.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:00 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
andyt andyt:

Glad you finally get it.

Believe me, I get it. And so do they, right in the ass. Guess that makes some people happy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:08 am

andyt andyt:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
andyt andyt:

Glad you finally get it.

Believe me, I get it. And so do they, right in the ass. Guess that makes some people happy.

Sure does. Don't have an education, don't speak English and have the social skills of a skunk than be prepared to take it up the ass, no lube. :mrgreen:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:16 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

Sure does. Don't have an education, don't speak English and have the social skills of a skunk than be prepared to take it up the ass, no lube. :mrgreen:

What an ugly post.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:27 am

andyt andyt:
Yep, all you Tim's workers listen up. You don't deserve more than a shit wage, even tho your employer makes a huge amount of profit.

What someone earns is irrespective of what profits their company does or does not make. Were Timmies to be going bankrupt they'd still have to pay their workers whatever their correct wage is.

You want workers to share in the profits and I'll go for that so long as they also share in the losses and risks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:34 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
andyt andyt:
Yep, all you Tim's workers listen up. You don't deserve more than a shit wage, even tho your employer makes a huge amount of profit.

What someone earns is irrespective of what profits their company does or does not make. Were Timmies to be going bankrupt they'd still have to pay their workers whatever their correct wage is.

You want workers to share in the profits and I'll go for that so long as they also share in the losses and risks.

I'll support that. A work co-op. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_em ... _companies.

Everybody gets paid a job related wage BUT they also get bonuses (or dividends) from the company profit.

Suddenly works have a reason to do a good job and be efficient and not tolerate those who aren't.

I can buy stock in my company but that isn't really a work co-op.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next