Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:51 pm

Some people aren't willing to comprimise on something they feel is a right... this isn't a negotiation, and it doesn't have to end in agreement.

Something like this shouldn't be determined by conditions or by vote... it's a right or it's not.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:51 pm

hamiltonguyo hamiltonguyo:
most pro-lifer sites are run by extremists that dosn't mean the average prolifer believes that. also your not pigheaded because we don't agree your pigheaded because people(including me) are willing to conced some points but if you appear to be defeated on a point you ignore that point and then attack the person who defeated you as a bigot that sir is why you are a pighead

1) I think you need to understand that the term pro-life is associated directly with the "radical" elements. You are not a pro-lifer. You advocate allowing abortion but in a much more restrictive manner then I do. Pro-lifers always oppose abortion even in cases where the women will die. I know. I have met people like that.

2) I concede points in debates all the time.

3) Where exactly have you defeated me? Most of this discussion is centered around opinions and beliefs. My belief is that the women's right to choose is absolute. You consider me pigheaded because I don't agree with you that the man and fetus have rights that can ultimately force her to do something she doesn't want. That is called disagreement. Pigheadedness would be if you continued to claim that "pro-lifers" don't consider ECP's murder and that they don't advocate life begins at conception despite statements proving otherwise taken from their own websites.

4) i) Calling someone a bigot is not pigheadedness.

Pigheadedness

ii) Show exactly where I called you a bigot.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:59 pm

I am sorry i have over reacted you have won and but the prolifer I do consider my self pro-life because i support life but I see where you are comming from it is a question of rights but the rights are conflicting and when two rights conflict a middle ground has to be found, i will not continue to post on this topic i have made an ass of myself and i apologize I also did it with the knowledge that no mater what my opinion is worthless in a country where opinion is far set agaisnt me on this issue i am sorry

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:34 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
VicVega VicVega:
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Unjustifiably over-simplistic and arbitrary...

In your mind maybe, but talk to a vegan sometime. Some people do put cows up with us, and now you're calling these people nuts? It may be in your opinion that a cow does not rank with us, and it's an opinion i tend to share, but what you have to relaize is that the issue of abortion brings up issues of life in all aspects and it's not a real far jump to compare a cow with a human being in that respect.

I'm talking about hamiltonguyo's "right points" system... sorry.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:23 pm

Well now the Conservatives are elected we can all get our dragons out of our sheds, load them up with automatic rifles, and go on an anti-abortion crusade; eh Derby? :roll: