Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:34 am

I've got no problem with pro-lifers except when they start calling anyone who holds a pro-choice stance, murderers and screaming genocide, then I tune out.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:56 am

I probably wouldn't have a problem with a good lot of pro-choicer's (they're entitled to their point of view, even though I may feel it is mostly wrong), but that same lot of pro-choicer's are often the same people that advocate against capital punishment and are pro-SSM.

So it's not OK to destroy a convicted murderer (complete with un-deniable DNA evidence, etc.) but it is OK to kill an unborn child that has done no wrong?

If you can't handle raising a child, TRY ABSTINENCE!!!! No worries then, eh?

They say we must recognize the equal rights of ALL people when referring to the SSM debate, but will remove the right to life of a child. This would also apply to euthanasia.

Sure seems like hypocrisy.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:17 am

BadAssBookie BadAssBookie:
Whatever,, moralistically self-righteous, pompous, foolish, etc....

And you could say the same about many left wing people so your point is?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:42 am

Abortion is not a left or right issue.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:54 am

BeaverBill BeaverBill:
Abortion is not a left or right issue.

You're right, it is a life or death issue.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:20 am

Yes its about freedom of choice. Thats what many liberals say! So what about my freedom of choice to own a gun or not what happened to that freedom?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:29 am

ManifestDestiny ManifestDestiny:
Yes its about freedom of choice. Thats what many liberals say! So what about my freedom of choice to own a gun or not what happened to that freedom?

You have the freedom of choice...?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:52 am

BeaverBill BeaverBill:
ManifestDestiny ManifestDestiny:

You have the freedom of choice...?

In Canada you dont. you do not have the choice to own a handgun.

In the US its tha same people who want freedom of choice that want to take away our guns! hypocrites

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:00 pm

It seems like most people just all out avoid the topic lately.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:29 pm

Sorry.... I thought you were on about the USA. Liberals in Canada are different than those in the States. In Canada you can purchase a handgun... so I still don't see what your beef is.

Now abortion is legal in Canada, you can make your choice, but in my opinion not regulated enough. Too often it can be abused and little are alternatives encouraged. This is counter my principals.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:26 pm

BeaverBill BeaverBill:
Now abortion is legal in Canada, you can make your choice, but in my opinion not regulated enough. Too often it can be abused and little are alternatives encouraged.

The law allows those who don't abstain from sex to kill off what they deem unwanted. No choice for the baby, only for the unthoughtful parents.

It is sad that it has come to a point in our country that this is considered acceptable.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:32 pm

ThePolitician ThePolitician:
BeaverBill BeaverBill:
Now abortion is legal in Canada, you can make your choice, but in my opinion not regulated enough. Too often it can be abused and little are alternatives encouraged.

The law allows those who don't abstain from sex to kill off what they deem unwanted. No choice for the baby, only for the unthoughtful parents.

It is sad that it has come to a point in our country that this is considered acceptable.

A womens choice is never a sad thing. Theirs bodies, their choice. N'uff said.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:42 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
BeaverBill BeaverBill:

My opinion would only allow that option in the case of extreme danger to the mother or forced intercourse, in which case the victim should be getting treatment right away anyways and the sperm can be destroyed before it even has a chance at trying to fertilize the egg.

You freely hop in the sack and you should take ALL the responsibilites that come with it. Again I say, "You don't want the kid, keep your friggin pants on."

Why also does the man not seem to have any rights in the decision? Should he not be allowed to defend his child's life from a woman that may want to kill his child?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:59 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
BeaverBill BeaverBill:

Everyone has a choice, but more and more the evidence comes out the more and more we have to think that it's wrong. It's unnatural and unnecessary. There are exceptions but where is the cut off point?

If you shag there's the risk, and every man and woman has to except that risk. I've seen too much evidence to accept this practice and too fatalistic to believe things don't happen for a reason. Sometimes you have to eat the shit that's served on your plate....but what looks like shit might end up as your favorite dish. Society has gone too "quick fix" for my liking and I'm not in accord.

I'm dead against abortion, even though I'm just a sperm donor.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:15 pm

I'm in favour of human rights and thats why i'm pro-life. Personaly i would like to see 10 qualified biologists randomly selected from qualified biologists vote on when life begins and allow abortion up to that time as the fetus is not human until then, however from what i've heard from the doctors(i know not strictly biologists) i know is that the baby is a human life from conception therefore that is where i stand till proved otherwise.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  Next