Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:18 pm

$1:
Everyone has a choice, but more and more the evidence comes out the more and more we have to think that it's wrong. It's unnatural and unnecessary. There are exceptions but where is the cut off point?

Birth control fails. Hormones and our very strong sex drive overcomes our inhibitions. More and more evidence points to the inescapable conclusion that humanity wants total control over its reproductive functions and that is all about being able to have all the sex we want without the possibility of pregnancu if we want it.

Abortion is certainly not unnatural because it is abortion happens frequently with women as a matter of course. Women suffer miscarriages and a fair number of women who thought they were pregnant but after a few days weren't are often the result of the body itself aborting the fetus for any # of reasons.

$1:
If you shag there's the risk, and every man and woman has to except that risk. I've seen too much evidence to accept this practice and too fatalistic to believe things don't happen for a reason. Sometimes you have to eat the shit that's served on your plate....but what looks like shit might end up as your favorite dish. Society has gone too "quick fix" for my liking and I'm not in accord.

Children shouldn't be a punishment for people who's birth control failed or who got caught up in the moment. If the women doesn't want to have a child she will not be forced to under any circumstance.

$1:
I'm dead against abortion, even though I'm just a sperm donor.

Then don't have one. As a man, your opinion in advocating forcing women to carry unwanted pregnancies is automatically nullifier. You have no right whatsoever to tell another human being what they can and cannot do with there body. Imagine if they drafted a law stating that a man may not ejaculate unless it is in the vagina of a women during her fertile days of her cycle. Sounds stupid eh?

Against aboirtion? Don't have one then. All women deserve the right to choose and the conscious decision to have sex is not a roundabout way of saying you want a child.

$1:
My opinion would only allow that option in the case of extreme danger to the mother or forced intercourse, in which case the victim should be getting treatment right away anyways and the sperm can be destroyed before it even has a chance at trying to fertilize the egg.

1) The danger to the mother is almost always identified many weeks into the pregnancy.

2) Your opinion isn't the issue here. The womesn is. It is her decision and hers alone because it is her body.

$1:
You freely hop in the sack and you should take ALL the responsibilites that come with it. Again I say, "You don't want the kid, keep your friggin pants on."

It doesn't work that way and never will.

$1:
Why also does the man not seem to have any rights in the decision? Should he not be allowed to defend his child's life from a woman that may want to kill his child?

The only rights are the rights of the person whos nody is essential and the person whos body is being affected. The man has no rights to force a women to take a pregnancy to term simply because it was his sperm. Her body, her rights. N'uff said.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:21 pm

Now don't get me wrong here but the baby although the baby is in the womans body it is still a different human being. Just because it depends on her dosn't mean its part of her body.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:24 pm

ManifestDestiny ManifestDestiny:
In Canada you dont. you do not have the choice to own a handgun.

[huh] Err we don't? Gee, guess my Grandpa had his rifle "forced" upon him because he didn't have a choice to own one...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:25 pm

hamiltonguyo hamiltonguyo:
Now don't get me wrong here but the baby although the baby is in the womans body it is still a different human being. Just because it depends on her dosn't mean its part of her body.

Actually since it depends on her for its existence it is part of her body. Her decision outweighs that of everyone else. It is her body. Period.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:27 pm

i depend on my parents for survival does that mean i have no say in anything?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:29 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:

Actually since it depends on her for its existence it is part of her body. Her decision outweighs that of everyone else. It is her body. Period.

Umm not sure where you're going here with this but in the case of a pregnancy, the women does NOT get to choose for an abortion unless the male consents. It takes two to tango and the mans seed is just as important as the egg. Of course that is my opinion. I'm sure there are a variety of pro-abortion, anti-abortion arguments.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:31 pm

$1:
Against aboirtion? Don't have one then. All women deserve the right to choose and the conscious decision to have sex is not a roundabout way of saying you want a child.

I thought that we all learned this in seventh grade?

So what's the base reason for fucking?

A) to grow vegetables

B) to smell better

C) to procreate

I thought this was understood??......I guess some are slower than others.

Some cross the road without looking both ways and the get hit by a car....shit happens....

Abortion isn't birth control.

Maybe quick fix society has gone too far. Take a pill for your head ache, suck the flab out of you cause your too lazy to go for a walk......have an abortion cause you didn't know that fucking produced a child. Is there a pill for stupidity?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:32 pm

I probably should add here too that the fetus is definately not part of her body. It has its own unique genetic material and although it is inside and depends on her it would be very hard to convince a good number of doctors that it is "just another" part of a woman's body

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:34 pm

I probably should add here too that the fetus is definately not part of her body. It has its own unique genetic material and although it is inside and depends on her it would be very hard to convince a good number of doctors that it is "just another" part of a woman's body

No, it is a part of her body, guess where the umbilical cord is connected to? Guess who feeds nutrients to the fetus? I agree with Derby on that aspect but not his concept of womens choice.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:38 pm

Yes it may be connected but note that the (if i remember last year's science correctly)circulatory systems are independant and the baby's blood is it's own(blood and nutrients don't pass straight through they are exchanged). Although it is dependant, so is a newborn.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:39 pm

i depend on my parents for survival does that mean i have no say in anything?

You depend upon people to take care of you. A fetus depends entirely on the body in which it is developing. If technology were advanced enough I would advocate the transplantation of an unwanted fetus to another women but we aren't there yet.

$1:
Umm not sure where you're going here with this but in the case of a pregnancy, the women does NOT get to choose for an abortion unless the male consents. It takes two to tango and the mans seed is just as important as the egg. Of course that is my opinion. I'm sure there are a variety of pro-abortion, anti-abortion arguments.

The difference is that its her body not his.

$1:
I thought that we all learned this in seventh grade?

So what's the base reason for fucking?

A) to grow vegetables

B) to smell better

C) to procreate

I thought this was understood??......I guess some are slower than others.

:roll: Whens the last time you got laid with the express purpose of creating life? Possibly never. Having sex with the expressed purpose of creating children is such a small % compared to the reasons of pleasure it is mathmatically considered zero.

Understand now?

$1:
Abortion isn't birth control.

Its a choice. A choice that belongs to the women.

$1:
Maybe quick fix society has gone too far. Take a pill for your head ache, suck the flab out of you cause your too lazy to go for a walk......have an abortion cause you didn't know that fucking produced a child. Is there a pill for stupidity?

A very narrow-minded statement.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:41 pm

Yes it may be connected but note that the (if i remember last year's science correctly)circulatory systems are independant and the baby's blood is it's own(blood and nutrients don't pass straight through they are exchanged). Although it is dependant, so is a newborn.

Ok, the circulatory systems are independent, it's still connected to the womb thus being a part of the body and the nutrients pass through the umbilical cord.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:43 pm

Although we can have sex for pleasure remember that other than dolphins we are the only animals to do that. Therefore it can be concluded that the purpose of sex was to make babies and that to deny that doing this creates a risk of this happening is stupid. Abortion is not birth control.

Yes a fetus is completely dependant on the mother but when a mother neglects a child and the child dies the mother is held responsible. If the fetus is even MORe dependant shouldn't the law protect it more?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:44 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
The difference is that its her body not his.

Doesn't matter if it's her body, the man has a say in the matter as well. Women don't create baby's like the Virgin Mary where some invisible entity impregnates her.

Last edited by Tman1 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:45 pm

Derby, you seem to constantly draw on one single point of defense; that it's "her body, her decision", that's it.

Do you deny the fact that an unborn baby is a human being and equally entitled to the right of life?

There is a lot more to this than the single minded pig headedness of a woman who does not care about the man who impregnated her, the child inside her, or her own ability to assume responsibilty for her actions.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 9  Next