canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:32 pm

After trying a few things, cannabis oil soft-gels is what I prefer.

took 2 of them 5 hours ago
started feeling the effects 1-2 hours later
at the peak 5 hours later
I'll still be feeling it when I get to bed in 4 hours

Price... $3.33

Note: all taxes included in the cost

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:34 am

^^

I took most of the weed I grew last year, made it into butter, made cookies with the butter. I get a similar effect from 1/2 a cookie. You get a slow buzz after 1 -1.5 hours, then various stages at different times.

It lasts about 5 - 6 hours from the time I eat the cookie. Not as strong a high as smoking or vaping, but a lot longer and I think it's much more pleasant. Still get the munchies too. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:38 am

Ray, what sort of THC % are in your goodies? And are they indica or sativa? Thanks. [drunk]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:05 pm

Bakerstreet Indica 10mg THC

or

Sunset Indica 10mg THC and 10mg CDB

Note: I made a mistake calculating the price... it's $3.73 :oops:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:18 pm

Yum. [drool]

I have to move on from the freebies I get from a pal. The last several batches have been extraordinarily weak with the fun ending way too quickly. The last event took two hours to feel anything after consumption and only had one big peak with nothing else at all after it was over. And, as per every single home-grower who's ever lived, he gets offended when someone tells him the crop is sub-par and that he needs to invest in some newer and fresher plants. Gotta go for the store-bought now, I guess, so the more info I can get on the gel-caps or gummis the better.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:15 am

$1:
Just 257 pardons granted for pot possession in program's 1st year

It has been one year since the government launched a program offering Canadians with a criminal record for simple pot possession a fast, free pardon — but only 257 people have been granted one so far.

Critics say the low number proves the program is "unconscionable" and a "total failure." They're calling on the government to deliver an automatic removal of those criminal records.

According to figures provided by the Parole Board of Canada (PBC), 458 people have applied to the program. Of those, 259 were accepted for consideration, with 257 granted and two discontinued. Another 194 applications were returned because the person was ineligible or the file was incomplete, while five more are still in the works.

PBC spokesman Jon Schofield said the pandemic has slowed the process.

"Due to the COVID-19 situation, the PBC experienced limited capacity to process record suspension applications, which has resulted in delays in their processing," he said in an email.

The government had estimated that about 10,000 Canadians would be eligible for the pardons which, in this instance, are officially known as "record suspensions."

A government official, speaking on background, said numbers may be "lower than anticipated" because people with other criminal convictions apart from simple possession, whether drug-related or not, are ineligible. Others may have already sought a pardon before the program was brought in, the official suggested.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cannab ... -1.5678144

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:45 am

$1:
CBD alone does not impair driving, latest research shows

According to the results of a new research study, CBD low-dose does not impair driving, while consuming moderate amounts of THC results in mild to strong, short-lived impairment, lasting up to four hours. The results of the study, led by researchers the Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics at the University of Sydney in Australia and conducted at Maastricht University in the Netherlands, can help to guide road safety policy.

The study included 26 healthy participants who inhaled vaporized cannabis containing different mixes of THC and CBD before driving 100 kilometres on public highways under controlled conditions. The subjects received four types of vaporized mix – containing THC (at a sufficient concentration to result in strong intoxication), CBD, both THC and CBD, or placebo.

Four hours later, the study participants took a second drive. At various points during the experiment, they were administered several tests to evaluate their cognition. The researchers measured participants’ driving ability by examining the standard deviation of vehicle position and scoring drivers’ lane weaving, swerving and over-correcting.

The results showed that when THC was inhaled by participants, whether by itself or with CBD, they experienced mild to strong intoxication affecting their driving scores, which seemed to fade after four hours. However, inhaling the mixture with CBD as the primary ingredient did not significantly impair their driving ability.

“These findings indicate for the first time that CBD, when given without THC, does not affect a subject’s ability to drive,” said Thomas Arkell, the study’s first author and cannabinoid therapeutics researcher at the University of Sydney.

These results confirm previous results collected by the Canadian-based Traffic Injury Research Foundation (TIRF), which has stated that “driving within two hours of using marijuana remains problematic as shown in the level of public concern two years post-legalization in Canada.” In addition, according to TIRF, fewer drivers have consumed cannabis prior to driving in 2020 as compared to 2019.

The study’s authors had expressed hope that their findings offer real-world data about how cannabis affects drivers.

https://datac.ca/cbd-alone-does-not-imp ... rch-shows/

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:03 am

$1:
Copycat pot edibles that look like candy are poisoning kids, doctors say

Dr. Jane Pegg couldn't believe her eyes when she saw the pot edibles that had poisoned a two-year-old who had been rushed to the emergency room in October.

"It so shocked and appalled me … the package looked almost identical to gummies that are sold as candies in the store," the Nanaimo, B.C., pediatrician said.

The boy wasn't moving and was having trouble breathing.

His distraught mother had accidentally given him marijuana-laced gummies that contained a massive dose of THC — a psychoactive compound in cannabis — thinking it was candy.

The edibles belonged to the child's grandfather, who has arthritis, and are sold under the names "Stoney Patch" and "Stoner Patch."

They look so much like the Sour Patch Kids brand that the company behind that candy, Mondelēz Canada Inc., successfully sued last January for trademark infringement.

"I don't know why the companies that are selling these products are not being shut down, not being fined, not being charged," said Pegg.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5879232

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:44 am

My banana, chocolate, peanut butter and cannabis muffins are in the oven. [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:35 am

raydan raydan:
My banana, chocolate, peanut butter and cannabis muffins are in the oven. [drool]

...and here they are. [drunk]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:48 pm

Ray's keepin' it real! Well, as real as the upcoming hallucinations are going to allow anyway. Let 'er rip, Ray! :mrgreen: [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:31 pm

Question... This is a Canadian company and on their site, they say they can ship products everywhere in Canada. Did I miss something and Shrooms are legal now? Does anybody here know something about the company.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:19 pm

There is movement in a lot of places to see shrooms legalized, thanks to the research of recent years that's show them to be of major theraputic help for mental & emotional disorders, especially for PTSD in people who've suffered major traumas. If it ends up in legalization then so much the better for the rest of us. And hopefully LSD follows right behind psilocybin too.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 11  12  13  14  15  16  Next