bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:39 am

gonavy47 gonavy47:
Lemmy Lemmy:
Really? I haven't said a thing anti-military. I'd call out anyone, regardless of their profession, who gets retirement at age 43 but thinks it's okay to make folks who don't get retirement 'til 65 have to stick it out another 2 years.

If you check the facts, the federal employees were retiring at age 60. It has now been changed to 65. Which is still 2 years sooner than ordinary Canadians. I don't see some desk jockey risking his or her life by being shot down in flames, blown up by an IED, or hit by an enemy missle, while at sea. So what's your fucking point?

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I agree. When the average joe has to put up with 22 years of what our guys have to put up with, I'll equate them both.

Lemmy Lemmy:
gonavy47 gonavy47:
If you check the facts, the federal employees were retiring at age 60. It has now been changed to 65. Which is still 2 years sooner than ordinary Canadians. I don't see some desk jockey risking his or her life by being shot down in flames, blown up by an IED, or hit by an enemy missle, while at sea. So what's your fucking point?

I don't begrudge you your retirement conditions. I agree with you. Our forces have earned the benefits they get. But when someone who gets to retire at 43 tells someone else that they don't deserve to retire until 67, it's just bad form.

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Yea, I agree Lemmy. This guy should reap his dues and STFU.

Last edited by andyt on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:45 am

gonavy47 gonavy47:

Utter crap. The only thing that's being raised is the OAS - that applies to everybody, private or public worker. CPP still will kick in at 60 for anybody that takes that option. Private pension plans, well that's up to them. Cops often retire at 50. Where do you stand on those.

How many personnel does the military have that are actually at risk of an IED or being shot down in flames, vs desk jockeys and various service personnel? Since we've way reduced our presence in Astan, how many front line personnel are at that risk? Why should a DND desk jockey get a way better deal than other swivel servant? But as Brock will tell you, he's paid into the pension fund, so wants his dues.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:48 pm

The first intelligent post, andy!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:53 am

When I do retire, it will not be on a full pension as I will not have the required years in. My pension will work out to approx. $217.00 a month,after I top up approx $4000.00, to bring it up to date after being admited to the pension program, so you can all kiss my ass!
As far as cops retiring at 50, good on them, their job is tough, and takes a toll on their health.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 am

p.s. Have a nice day Andy.