CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:07 pm

Trudeau gives the Reds a shot once again in Quebec, the 'Orange Crush' that occurred in the last election was due to a frustrated Quebecois voter base, it's not about to happen again, they've gotten back to business as proven in their provincial election, this is a good move for the Liberals.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:15 pm

TheFonz TheFonz:
Trudeau gives the Reds a shot once again in Quebec, the 'Orange Crush' that occurred in the last election was due to a frustrated Quebecois voter base, it's not about to happen again, they've gotten back to business as proven in their provincial election, this is a good move for the Liberals.

This only shows you know nothing of Quebec outside of the Montreal ridings.

5 or 6 ridings on the Island does not a PM make.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:22 pm

TheFonz TheFonz:

It's kind of a scary idea for the rest of us. If Trudeau wins the leadership, and then leads the liberals back to power purely on the strength of his name in Quebec... well the rest of us are in for a rough ride. I'd expect to see western seperatism as the next major threat to national unity, in those circumstances.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Trudeau will do better in the Maritimes, Montreal-Hull, and southern Ontario than the Liberals did last time. Going by the results of the recent Quebec election, and the rise in fortunes of the hardcore leftists ever since the student protests/riots began in the spring, the NDP'll hold on to most of Quebec. The separatists have no where else to go on the federal level except to the NDP, as the resurrection of the Bloc Quebecois isn't even a remotely realistic possibility.

Trudeau also has the entire power of the CBC at his disposal, just as his father did. No criticism and no hard questions of his policy with come from there. It'll be like 1968 all over again, with the national network acting as an operative on the behalf of one leader and one party. Worth it's weight in gold as far as media saturation is concerned.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:34 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Well, he's certainly pretty, which bodes well for TV and the 21st century, but the real question is whether or not he knows anything...time will tell I guess.

Well, I'm no judge on how pretty he is but I do know he beat the crap out of that loudmouth Tory Senator.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Unsound Unsound:
It's kind of a scary idea for the rest of us. If Trudeau wins the leadership, and then leads the liberals back to power purely on the strength of his name in Quebec... well the rest of us are in for a rough ride. I'd expect to see western seperatism as the next major threat to national unity, in those circumstances.

Alberta separatism, maybe. Harper isn't making any freinds in BC right now trying to cram his pipeline down our throats.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:42 pm

martin14 martin14:

Wow, just wow.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:44 pm

TheFonz TheFonz:
martin14 martin14:

Wow, just wow.

Are you sure you don't mena "Sit on it! Ayyyyyyy!"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Well, he's certainly pretty, which bodes well for TV and the 21st century, but the real question is whether or not he knows anything...time will tell I guess.

Well, I'm no judge on how pretty he is but I do know he beat the crap out of that loudmouth Tory Senator.

Record spinning on turntable, skipping over that same bump over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over........

That's right. You just got burned.

8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
bootlegga bootlegga:

Record spinning on turntable, skipping over that same bump over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over........

That's right. You just got burned.

8)

Complete with the olf Rev Blair avatar. ha ha ha. Wonder whatever happened to the good reverend. Went off and set up his own site, I seem to recall. I guess I should drop the boxing thing, but the fact that Brazeau is on the public payroll the rest of his days just because the PM blessed him ticks me off. And the guy was like 35 when he was made senator. And he's an idiot.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:32 pm

He adds some pizzazz to the race, but not much more. Rumour has it that the Libs are trying to get Mark Carney to run, that would make an excellent choice IMO.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:41 pm

sandorski sandorski:
He adds some pizzazz to the race, but not much more. Rumour has it that the Libs are trying to get Mark Carney to run, that would make an excellent choice IMO.

A much better choice than the Pierre's spawn. Little Justine strikes me as all flash and no substance and would probably continue the mess his father started. The Trudeau name is very polarizing and would further drive Canadians apart.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:45 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
sandorski sandorski:

A much better choice than the Pierre's spawn. Little Justine strikes me as all flash and no substance and would probably continue the mess his father started. The Trudeau name is very polarizing and would further drive Canadians apart.

+1 on that. If Mr. Carney or Sheila Fraiser (former Auditor General) ran, I'd vote for them.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:05 pm

Unsound Unsound:
Does anyone besides the dwindling number of trudeaumaniacs out there think this is a good idea?

Yes. He'll bring fresh ideas and a fresh perspective, complete with the drive that his father had. Besides, it's way more than the old guard has to offer. Rae and the others are yesterday's news. Young blood is what the party needs to become relevant again.

-J.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Well he finally made it official. Should be interesting.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  Next