bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:32 pm

$1:
Which brings up another question. On whose dime did Kelley travel to Florida?

... which brings up a broader question ... lots of people on this forum have been or are actively serving with our Armed Forces. They are living "on the public dime", as well. Do you feel qualifiied to tell them how that are to spend their paycheques? After all, the Taxpayer supplies it. Tell us. How are our servicemen to spend what you believe to be YOUR money?

Last edited by Jabberwalker on Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:40 pm

stupid question - he paid for it himself. Jeesus.

As for the military people, I've asked your question before. Bart, btw, is or was working on the public dime, yet keeps railing against govt and taxes. Same with many military and police types - they're worth every penny and more, but other government workers are just entitled greedos. Of course my calling them government workers is already deemed an insult.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:57 pm

andyt andyt:
stupid question - he paid for it himself. Jeesus.

As for the military people, I've asked your question before. Bart, btw, is or was working on the public dime, yet keeps railing against govt and taxes. Same with many military and police types - they're worth every penny and more, but other government workers are just entitled greedos. Of course my calling them government workers is already deemed an insult.

I'm not sure why.

Last time I checked, I worked for the government.

That being said, in the realm of government workers, there's apples and oranges.

Military folk are bananas, however.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
$1:

... which brings up a broader question ... lots of people on this forum have been or are actively serving with our Armed Forces. They are living "on the public dime", as well. Do you feel qualifiied to tell them how that are to spend their paycheques? After all, the Taxpayer supplies it. Tell us. How are our servicemen to spend what you believe to be YOUR money?

R=UP

(I think this is the first thing you posted you and I agree on. It is a Christmas Miracle! :lol: )

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:28 am

It doesn't matter if he paid for the trip himself it's the message he's sending.

Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:33 am

The message he's sending is that it's important to have Christmas supper with one's aging family members. Anyone who reads another message in what he did is a lunatic fumbling about for a political controversy that doesn't exist.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:43 am

$1:

:roll: Hey Bruno, NEEEOOOOOM!
So uh, do those military personnel have access to the general military funding? Can they just write themselves a cheque from those funds to say, go visit family on Christmas?

I'm not suggesting that's what Kelley did, I don't even know the guy. I simply asked the question as there seems to be a trend with politicians claiming personal expenses they aren't entitled to at all, or claiming personal expenses as govt business.
Quite frankly, the device has yet to be invented that can measure how little I trust anyone in politics at any level in any party.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:48 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
$1:

:roll: Hey Bruno, NEEEOOOOOM!
So uh, do those military personnel have access to the general military funding? Can they just write themselves a cheque from those funds to say, go visit family on Christmas?

I'm not suggesting that's what Kelley did, I don't even know the guy. I simply asked the question as there seems to be a trend with politicians claiming personal expenses they aren't entitled to at all, or claiming personal expenses as govt business.
Quite frankly, the device has yet to be invented that can measure how little I trust anyone in politics at any level in any party.

It may come as a surprise, but anyone who can claim personal expenses, be they politician, military or business, have the ability to abuse the system.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:51 am

Brenda Brenda:
$1:

R=UP

(I think this is the first thing you posted you and I agree on. It is a Christmas Miracle! :lol: )

It would be a Christmas miracle if you understood the difference between getting paid BY the taxpayer and spending taxpayer money from general funds for personal reasons.
Again, I'm not claiming that's what Kelley did. I merely asked the question because of the massive increase in the attitude of entitlement from politicians of all stripes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:54 am

Brenda Brenda:

R=UP

It would be a Christmas miracle if you understood the difference between getting paid BY the taxpayer and spending taxpayer money from general funds for personal reasons.
Again, I'm not claiming that's what Kelley did. I merely asked the question because of the massive increase in the attitude of entitlement from politicians of all stripes.

Was that below the belt insult REALLY necessary?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:56 am

Might as well ask if Ford claimed his crack and pot expenses to the city. Or the reward he put out for the cellphone. Jeez, things get stupid when somebody goes to visit their ailing sister for one day over Christmas and this sort of shit gets thrown around. This guy was or still is a Ford ally, but the Ford nation I guess wants to paint him as an enemy. This guy didn't take power for himself, council voted to do so. Christ

Gotta say, Ford was looking pretty good during the crisis. Speaking clearly and sounding effective. Maybe he is managing to stay off the booze, pot, and crack for the moment, and stepping up like this will help him recover.

Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:07 pm

andyt andyt:
This guy was or still is a Ford ally, but the Ford nation I guess wants to paint him as an enemy. This guy didn't take power for himself, council voted to do so. Christ

Paranoids displaying symptoms of paranoia.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:09 pm

$1:
"I don't want to say that word but you start thinking what this guy is all about."

Or, you could just standby for a fact or two before going all Rob Ford style conjecture on the guy. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:39 pm

DrRosen DrRosen:
andyt andyt:
This guy was or still is a Ford ally, but the Ford nation I guess wants to paint him as an enemy. This guy didn't take power for himself, council voted to do so. Christ

Paranoids displaying symptoms of paranoia.

Nothing paranoid regarding politicians riding the gravy train.

As for Norm Kelly, it was a Christmas family trip and as long as it wasn't on the taxpayer dime....good for him.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:21 pm

According to Lord Ford, the ice storm wasn't an emergency... so whats the issue here?