canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Title: Students' Hawaiian-themed fundraiser abandoned after poster draws ire of Idle No More organizers
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2014-01-16 21:33:00

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Idiots

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:57 pm

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
Idiots

Only superceded by the idiots who listen to this nonsense, and then cower
under the braying of whiny little bitches.

Whitey bad.

More money.

That's the FN way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:25 am

You have got to be fucking kidding!

FN are fucked in the head.

FN= the right to bitch about everything and expect a pay out from whitey.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:55 am

I love it when morons presume to speak for other people.
$1:
“It’s basically an outsider selling an outsider culture to other outsiders without really reflecting on that process,” said Adam Gaudry, an assistant professor of native studies at the university.

Yet in contrast,
$1:
Jonathan Kay Kamakawiwoole Osorio, a professor of Hawaiian studies at the University of Hawaii, agreed there are always concerns about the appropriation of cultural icons, but he said the images were not terribly offensive.

“What the students were actually appropriating was not so much native as it was tourist,” he said.

“As far as this particular image is concerned, I doubt that many Kanaka Maoli [native Hawaiian] voices would be raised in protest for a bunch of students in a very cold place who are trying to imagine being in a warmer place.’’

Hmmm, guess I'll get all offended next time I see someone who isn't White partying on St. Patty's days. And if they're taking part in the wearin' o' the green, ohhh boy, I'm gonna file a formal complaint with the CHRC.
Btw, I'm NOT Irish, but I'll make sure I speak up on their behalf, whether they say anything or not, because I think I have that right.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:33 am

Cue the outrage over the outrage :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:07 am

Only in Canada. The land of politically correct.

Why aren't these assholes from Idle No More and their white apologist bitches trying to fix things like the Native leadership issues, the seemingly endless corruption on the reserves and it's denigration of their own people instead of forcing their warped and twisted views on anybody and anything that doesn't line up with their extremely limited version of reality? :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:21 am

Because it`s easier to blame someone else for all their problems, rather than look in the mirror and see their biggest enemy. If they never try, then they never fail and they can continue on with their tired old line....it`s whitey`s fault

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:50 am

Newsbot Newsbot:

Like the man says; "Crybaby!"

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:16 am

Hm. Methinks they are the ones appropriating indigenous Hawaiian culture by presuming to speak for them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:19 am

fifeboy fifeboy:

says the spokesman for the FN.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:24 am

fifeboy fifeboy:

Well, given that indigenous Hawaiians are Polynesian and indigenous Canadians come from Asia, the two groups have very little (if anything) in common culturally and historically. It appears that Idle No More is taking a paternalizing and colonial attitude towards indigenous Hawaiians. Ooh, irony. :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:04 am

Idle-some-more..............

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:53 am

Adam Gaudry just became the focus of my energies for the upcoming three-day weekend. :evil:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:39 am

FieryVulpine FieryVulpine:
fifeboy fifeboy:

Well, given that indigenous Hawaiians are Polynesian and indigenous Canadians come from Asia, the two groups have very little (if anything) in common culturally and historically. It appears that Idle No More is taking a paternalizing and colonial attitude towards indigenous Hawaiians. Ooh, irony. :lol:

I actually agree with you here. However I do see this as much ado about nothing, except a forum to bitch about Natives.
I checked the local news (CTV, GLOBAL, CBC and some radio stations) and they are so far mute on it. I just think it's funny that there is so much outrage over the outrage of Adam Gaudry, just one man. If I was the US Student Union and I heard about this my first move would be to get on the computer and find the University of Hawaii Student Union and talk to them. Get a contact with some native Hawaiian Student group and discuss it with them. When all the laughter was over I bet they could use the UH Student Union name on their posters, along with the WASP chick in the grass skirt.

And one last thing. In the Post headline the Student Union was forced to "abandon" their fundraiser when in fact they changed its name. Two different things. It's stupid to have to have to change the name.