canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:55 pm

Title: 1 in 7 Canadians say they're somewhat or very likely to cut TV service: poll
Category: Business
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2014-01-24 07:32:41
Canadian

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:55 pm

I haven't paid for TV in almost 12 years.

I also remember when TV was free to everyone because the airwaves are owned by the public and all the constant advertisements you are forced to watch covered the cost.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:59 pm

Already did it. 500 channels and all too often there was not one thing worth watching.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Prof_Chomsky Prof_Chomsky:
I haven't paid for TV in almost 12 years.

I also remember when TV was free to everyone because the airwaves are owned by the public and all the constant advertisements you are forced to watch covered the cost.

Still is. I get 4 channels, in HD, right out of the air! Cost = $0.

All I ever watched on the TV was the news, Holmes on Homes, and Powerblock on Spike TV. I cut the cord because I couldn't see spending $150 a month (and rising every month) to watch the news and a couple other shows.

The news is still free on over the air broadcasts, PowerNation is on the Web. But I do miss Mr. Holmes. Actually, strike that. I miss Mike and Sherry Holmes, but I'm a dirty old man.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Been TV free since last June due to money issues. Still mad enough at Telus and their outrageous prices that I',m not sure when or even if I'll ever reactivate. Been torrenting like crazy to keep up with my faves so I really don't miss cable at all.
57 (hundred) channels and nothing on indeed.

Is satellite better? What's the price difference these days anyway?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Is satellite better? What's the price difference these days anyway?

With Sat you are still dealing with Rogers, Bell or Shaw. They aren't going to price themselves out of their market.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:32 pm

So the glory days of satellite being the most awesomest thing in the history of awesome are long over? Bummer. Not gonna pay more just for the same sea of channels featuring the same reality programming maelstrom of imbecilic shit.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanos Thanos:
So the glory days of satellite being the most awesomest thing in the history of awesome are long over? Bummer. Not gonna pay more just for the same sea of channels featuring the same reality programming maelstrom of imbecilic shit.

Comparing digital cable and satellite is a lot like comparing a shit burger and a shit sandwich.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:44 pm

Courtesy of my own bad self there's three Canadians currently enjoying DISH Network! [B-o]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:47 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Courtesy of my own bad self there's three Canadians currently enjoying DISH Network! [B-o]

You rebel you!

Most likely they bribe you with Kinder Surprise.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:48 pm

Sort of identical then to that South Park episode where the kids had to vote for either a giant douche or a turd sammich for the new school mascot. The debate between the two was as hilarious as Palin vs Biden turned out to be.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Thanos Thanos:
So the glory days of satellite being the most awesomest thing in the history of awesome are long over?
It was only awesome when stealing American satellite... A decade ago.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:08 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

You rebel you!

Most likely they bribe you with Kinder Surprise.

That's so stinking funny because one of them gives those things to Lisa every Christmas! :lol:

My all-time favorite 'surprise' is a little blue snap-together USS Voyager from Star Trek.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:36 pm

I might after this NHL season is done. That's all I ever watch, so I'll buy the NHL package and just Stream my games.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Eh I've been TV free for years. It's too expensive, and generally, I get my entertainment from the Internet.