Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I believe Estonia is a member of NATO, aren't they? That is a different kettle of fish altogther, as an attack on a NATO country is an attack on all NATO countries. I love Estonia too. I have some Estonian friends and would love to see Tailinn one day. It's supposed to be spectacular.

This young lady (Darja) is one of my Estonian friends:

The picture is from a few years back. She's since left modeling and is focusing on boutique fashions and a very clever online comic.

She's also not too thrilled with Obama given that she lives near Talinn and gets to see Russian Navy ships off shore all the time.

I worry about her. She's good people and I don't want to see her country under Russian domination again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:23 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I believe Estonia is a member of NATO, aren't they? That is a different kettle of fish altogther, as an attack on a NATO country is an attack on all NATO countries. I love Estonia too. I have some Estonian friends and would love to see Tailinn one day. It's supposed to be spectacular.

This young lady (Darja) is one of my Estonian friends:

The picture is from a few years back. She's since left modeling and is focusing on boutique fashions and a very clever online comic.

She's also not too thrilled with Obama given that she lives near Talinn and gets to see Russian Navy ships off shore all the time.

I worry about her. She's good people and I don't want to see her country under Russian domination again.

She's hot. That's the picture from that backslash site.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:34 pm

I get your points Bart but, absent starting WW3 just what was the West supposed to do? With all due respect to Palin, she was dismissed out of hand because it did seem so preposterous that in this day and age, someone would do what Russia has done.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:03 pm

xerxes xerxes:
I get your points Bart but, absent starting WW3 just what was the West supposed to do?

Make clear our commitment to Ukrainian sovereignty.

xerxes xerxes:
With all due respect to Palin, she was dismissed out of hand because it did seem so preposterous that in this day and age, someone would do what Russia has done.

Exactly. That was my point to Zip that the Ukrainians would never have thought they needed to defend against a Russian invasion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Heard also that a lot of American/European intelligence inside of Russia went tits up thanks to the antics of the traitor Snowden and Glenn Greenwald, i.e. "the documents will never end up in the hands of Putin" somehow magically ended up in the hands of Putin. As such the West was completely in the dark as to what the Russians had planned for Crimea. Anyone still want to persist with the illusion that the guy with the hipster glasses is merely a heroic whistleblower and not the deep-cover Russian intelligence operative that some of us have known he was all along? Between Wikileaks and Snowden, the past several years have seen the greatest triumphs for Russian intelligence since Army Group Centre got pulverized and sent fleeing in headlong retreat across the Polish border back in 1944.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:23 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BRAH BRAH:
Shame on the Obama Administration who doesn't live up to the obligation the United States made to Ukraine in exchange for giving up it's nuclear arsenal.

My Estonian friends are VERY nervous about Obama especially since Russia started rattling about the 'rights' of Russians in Estonia this past month. Most of them don't believe Obama would answer the call if Estonia invoked Article V of the North Atlantic Treaty.

God bless the Estonians, they won't go down without a fight. If Russian troops cross the Estonian frontier then the Russians will get to see what a 21st Century cyberwar looks like because that's exactly how Estonia is planning to respond.

8O

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:23 pm

xerxes xerxes:
I get your points Bart but, absent starting WW3 just what was the West supposed to do? With all due respect to Palin, she was dismissed out of hand because it did seem so preposterous that in this day and age, someone would do what Russia has done.

Given Russia's propensity for invading, dominating, and annexing its neighbours I didn't find the notion preposterous at all. Those who did need to eat a mighty big serving of crow.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Heard also that a lot of American/European intelligence inside of Russia went tits up thanks to the antics of the traitor Snowden and Glenn Greenwald, i.e. "the documents will never end up in the hands of Putin" somehow magically ended up in the hands of Putin. As such the West was completely in the dark as to what the Russians had planned for Crimea. Anyone still want to persist with the illusion that the guy with the hipster glasses is merely a heroic whistleblower and not the deep-cover Russian intelligence operative that some of us have known he was all along? Between Wikileaks and Snowden, the past several years have seen the greatest triumphs for Russian intelligence since Army Group Centre got pulverized and sent fleeing in headlong retreat across the Polish border back in 1944.

Snowden and Wikkileaks have blood on their hands.

xerxes xerxes:

If the West had strong leadership from the United States and Europe Putin might have thought twice about his adventures.

Last edited by BRAH on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:38 pm

Putin ran rings around George W. Bush as much, if not more, than he allegedly has around President Obama. If you're looking for "strong leadership" to ward off Putin you're going to have to look somewhere else than at the cretins who make up the allegedly "tough" GOP leadership.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:42 pm

The guy who's looking best in all this is Harper. Of course he doesn't have much of an economic stake in Russia, so it's easy for him. Doubt if he'd be too eager to commit troops, either.

But then Harper seems to be emulating Putin as far as messing with elections goes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:10 pm

You're 100% right. I keep forgetting how Harper put all those troops on the streets and regularly sends his thugs out to beat up and arrest Liberal and NDP candidates. And how he got into an open alliance with all the churches to launch the mega-pogrom against the gays and abortion-feminists. And how he's chased all his left wing opponents like David Suzuki and Theresa Spence out of the country altogether into a literal exile and took all the guys at Elections Canada and shoved them into some gulag up in Nunavut as well.

Jesus fucking Christ, you people have no fucking clue at all. No about context. Not about comparison. Not even about basic observable and provable fucking reality. You're so goddamn hopeless and juvenile it isn't even funny. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:15 pm

I knew that would get you going. But he is playing silly buggers with our electoral system. Doesn't need troops for that, neither did Putin.

You seem to be a bigger Harper groupie than OTI. No criticism of Dear Leader allowed. I'm sure he'll make you commissar of thoughtcrime once he has his little Putsch.

For somebody who likes to make grandiose rants and accuses others of not having a sense of humor about them, you sure don't seem to have much of one yourself.

Last edited by andyt on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:17 pm

BRAH BRAH:
Gunnair Gunnair:

I wouldn't stop there. No one is interested in anything but words.

Besides, 76% of Americans do not support military intervention. What do recommend Obama to do with those stats?

Obama has shown he governs by polls so he will do nothing but draw lines Putin will continue to cross while Lurch uses big words.

Funny that. A political leader opting to listen to the majority of his electorate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:31 pm

BRAH BRAH:
Thanos Thanos:

Snowden and Wikkileaks have blood on their hands.

xerxes xerxes:

If the West had strong leadership from the United States and Europe Putin might have thought twice about his adventures.

I don't buy the "strength" argument for one second. Was Eisenhower a "weak" president during the crushed Hungarian revolution? Was LBJ a wuss when the USSR rolled 5 divisions into Czechoslovakia in response to the Prague Spring?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:17 pm

andyt andyt:
I knew that would get you going. But he is playing silly buggers with our electoral system. Doesn't need troops for that, neither did Putin.

You seem to be a bigger Harper groupie than OTI. No criticism of Dear Leader allowed. I'm sure he'll make you commissar of thoughtcrime once he has his little Putsch.

For somebody who likes to make grandiose rants and accuses others of not having a sense of humor about them, you sure don't seem to have much of one yourself.

Criticism is fine, but outright bullshit and nonsense from morons like yourself deserve every bit of scorn heaped on you.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 47  48  49  50  51  52  53 ... 175  Next