canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:48 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Really? I'm lying because I didn't mention something.

No, that's not what I said, I said you were being dishonest by leaving out information. I'm calling you a liar because of your past actions. In this case you haven't lied to the best of my knowledge. However leaving out information to share someone's opinion is dishonest.

For example, 'Police officer shoots man in back' that could be a technically true statement. But it would be dishonest if you could also say, 'Police officer shoots man in back ending the gunman's shooting spree that left 11 dead and 20 injured.'

$1:
Hmmmm. You keep using the word 'lying'. I don't think it means what you think it means. You might want to look that one up. A refresher course on logical debate might be in order too.
Well you seemed to have mixed up dishonestly with lying. So maybe the one that need to do so refreshers is you.

$1:
And no, Environmental Sciences and Climate Sciences are not the same thing.
Funny I though that CS was a subset of the ES. That said, I asked if finding for CS had been changed, which isn't the question you replied to.
$1:
As Zip says and as I was saying, it's much larger pattern of the Conservatives motives that is reflected in their insistence that employment and immigration policy are based on the number of attempted identity thefts on Kajiji.

And what is the motives you have gleaned from this bit of information?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:28 am

Xort Xort:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Really? I'm lying because I didn't mention something.

No, that's not what I said, I said you were being dishonest by leaving out information. I'm calling you a liar because of your past actions. In this case you haven't lied to the best of my knowledge. However leaving out information to share someone's opinion is dishonest.

And, as I requested - what past actions? When have I ever lied? And where in the rules for logical debate does it say I have to share someone elses' opinion?

Xort Xort:
For example, 'Police officer shoots man in back' that could be a technically true statement. But it would be dishonest if you could also say, 'Police officer shoots man in back ending the gunman's shooting spree that left 11 dead and 20 injured.'

For example; so what? How does pointing out that the Conservatives stifling science and instead using random data to base the progress of this country on relate to gun crime?

Xort Xort:
$1:
Hmmmm. You keep using the word 'lying'. I don't think it means what you think it means. You might want to look that one up. A refresher course on logical debate might be in order too.
Well you seemed to have mixed up dishonestly with lying. So maybe the one that need to do so refreshers is you.

I'm not the one accusing anyone of lying. How can I lie about something I have not said?

Xort Xort:
$1:
And no, Environmental Sciences and Climate Sciences are not the same thing.
Funny I though that CS was a subset of the ES. That said, I asked if finding for CS had been changed, which isn't the question you replied to.

Because I don't do anyone's homework for them. I defend my opinions, it's up to you to defend yours.

Xort Xort:
$1:
As Zip says and as I was saying, it's much larger pattern of the Conservatives motives that is reflected in their insistence that employment and immigration policy are based on the number of attempted identity thefts on Kajiji.

And what is the motives you have gleaned from this bit of information?

[huh]