Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2015-01-30 00:07:21
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:49 am

I was just listening to this radio podcast suggesting that what Chairman Kim Dong Wynne's renewed sex ed policy is really about is cultural marxism.

http://www.freedomparty.on.ca/archive/2 ... -feminism/

Click "segment on affirmative consent"

Now the last time I mentioned "Cultural Marxism" in this forum the response was a lot of desperate screaming insults from scared little souls who didn't seem to know what it was.

Try something, if you guys are still around. Click the link, no matter how scarey it is to learn something you're programmed to attack without knowing what it is, or how it works.

Enter a different sort of "Brave New World".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:18 pm

8+ million didn't sign it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:54 pm

I suppose if I knew what Marxism was. I thought it was all about the bourgoise and the proletariet and the means of production.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:48 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I suppose if I knew what Marxism was. I thought it was all about the bourgoise and the proletariet and the means of production.

That's not what "Cultural Marxism" is. It's more a reaction to the failure of the expectations that derive from that mode.

I'd show you a video that explains it, but then this guy would turn up.

He'd scream at you not to watch and start calling names. He's already the world's greatest expert on the subject of what might be in there, you see...even though he's never actually seen or listened to it, doesn't intend to and demands you don't either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:51 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Apparently you are not Pavlov's dog! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:33 pm

sandorski sandorski:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Apparently you are not Pavlov's dog! :lol:

What on earth are you talking about? Do you even know? Do you ever?

No seriously, now I'm curious. And what the hell, it's the weekend. Entertain us.

Explain it Sandy. How is the fact Zip missed the difference between the conventional worker's revolt driver of Marxism and the Cultural Marxism fallback of the Frankfurt school an example of a lack of conditioned response.

Speaking of fallbacks though, you're going to fall back to your 3 word Sandra routine, aren't you? :wink: You realize now you overreached, right? :)

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:41 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Here's cultural Marxism, anyway. Nice stuff:

$1:
The term "cultural Marxism" is most commonly encountered as a snarl word decrying everything right-wingers don't like, alluding to a conspiracy theory to destroy Western culture.

In academic circles, the term used to (it's pretty much not used any more) refer to a school of Marxism that concentrates on the non-economic cultural dimensions of class struggle, i.e., what Karl Marx called the "superstructure" of society. The chief exponent of this is the Frankfurt School or the product of that school, critical theory.[1] But you'll never see this usage in the wild; the phrase is now just used to refer to anyone who doesn't act like a reactionary.

The slogan was prefigured in Nazi Germany, where Kulturbolschewismus ("Cultural Bolshevism") was used as a term of political abuse.[2]

The conspiracy theory usage asserts that the Frankfurt School, instead of being the relatively arcane strain of academic criticism that it was, actually was a Marxist plot to destroy the capitalist West from within, supposedly spreading its tentacles throughout academia and indoctrinating students to hate America and freedom. Thus, the Sixties counterculture, civil rights movement, anti-war movement, homosexuality[9] modern feminism, and in general all the "decay" in the U.S. and elsewhere since the good old days of the Fifties are literally products of this conspiracy.[10] It's also the work of the Jews.

It's become a favorite term of many of the nuttier Gamergaters—demonstrating the movement's attraction of many anti-Semites, white supremacists, and MRAs — to explain why those bitch slut whores won't shut up about sexism in video games. They got their collective panties in a knot when discussions on Wikipedia predating their obsession with the term resulted in the "Cultural Marxism" article on Wikipedia to be turned into a redirect concerning the conspiracy theory, restored after appealing to the God-King, no consensus after that, and then a deletion discussion that resulted in the page's history being expunged and turned into a redirect to the "Conspiracy theory" section of the Frankfurt School page.

The conspiracy usage of the term originated in the late 1990s. "Political correctness" had become the popular snarl word of choice after a 1991 speech by George H.W. Bush, with ensuing press coverage and a Washington Times op-ed by Laurence Jarvik of the Heritage Foundation decrying "storm troopers" attacking "Western culture."[11]

The first usage of the phrase "cultural Marxism" in this sense was by William Lind of the Free Congress Foundation in a July 1998 speech to right-wing group Accuracy in Academia, in which he described "political correctness" and "cultural Marxism" as "totalitarian ideologies" that were turning American campuses into "small ivy-covered North Koreas, where the student or faculty member who dares to cross any of the lines set up by the gender feminist or the homosexual-rights activists, or the local black or Hispanic group, or any of the other sainted 'victims' groups that revolves around, quickly find themselves in judicial trouble." Lind made the term's anti-Semitism clear in a June 2002 speech to a Holocaust denial conference in Washington D.C., stating in as many words "these guys were all Jewish."[11]

The conspiracy theory was also pushed around this time by Paul Weyrich's Free Congress Foundation, who spent the 1990s railing against "political correctness", culminating in the 1999 video tape Political Correctness: The Dirty Little Secret, attacking the Frankfurt School.

Pat Buchanan, at an October 2000 campaign stop in Denver for the Reform Party, accused native Americans attempting to block a Columbus Day parade of "cultural Marxism" in the Rocky Mountain News. In his 2001 book The Death of the West, he described "cultural Marxism" as a "regime to punish dissent and to stigmatize social heresy as the Inquisition punished religious heresy. Its trademark is intolerance."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:52 pm

That's fair. We've now heard the clueless Prog version or the re-definition.

Now let's learn what it really is, where it came from, and why progs must try so hard to offer up a revisionist version for their group think podbots.

But no, there's no such thing as political correctness is there, "rational Wiki"? Nothing to see there.

Except we see it all the time, everyday, everywhere. What do we do about that?

How do you guys do it anyway, Andy? How do you manage to unsee things that are right in front of your face?

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:54 pm

$1:
Cultural Marxism': a uniting theory for rightwingers who love to play the victim

What do the Australian’s columnist Nick Cater, video game hate group #Gamergate, Norwegian mass shooter Anders Breivik and random blokes on YouTube have in common? Apart from anything else, they have all invoked the spectre of “cultural Marxism” to account for things they disapprove of – things like Islamic immigrant communities, feminism and, er, opposition leader Bill Shorten.

What are they talking about? The tale varies in the telling, but the theory of cultural Marxism is integral to the fantasy life of the contemporary right. It depends on a crazy-mirror history, which glancingly reflects things that really happened, only to distort them in the most bizarre ways.....

The conspiracy theorists claim that these “cultural Marxists” began to use insidious forms of psychological manipulation to upend the west. Then, when Nazism forced the (mostly Jewish) members of the Frankfurt School to move to America, they had, the story goes, a chance to undermine the culture and values that had sustained the world’s most powerful capitalist nation.

The vogue for the ideas of theorists like Herbert Marcuse and Theodor Adorno in the 1960s counterculture culminated with their acolytes’ occupation of the commanding heights of the most important cultural institutions, from universities to Hollywood studios. There, the conspiracy says, they promoted and even enforced ideas which were intended to destroy traditional Christian values and overthrow free enterprise: feminism, multiculturalism, gay rights and atheism. And this, apparently, is where political correctness came from. I promise you: this is what they really think.

The whole story is transparently barmy. If humanities faculties are really geared to brainwashing students into accepting the postulates of far-left ideology, the composition of western parliaments and presidencies and the roaring success of corporate capitalism suggests they’re doing an astoundingly bad job. Anyone who takes a cool look at the last three decades of politics will think it bizarre that anyone could interpret what’s happened as the triumph of an all-powerful left.

The theory of cultural Marxism is also blatantly antisemitic, drawing on the idea of Jews as a fifth column bringing down western civilisation from within, a racist trope that has a longer history than Marxism. Like the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, the theory was fabricated to order, for a special purpose: the institution and perpetuation of culture war. We can even nominate an author for this lunacy: William S Lind, a polymath of the American hard right, who sought to put rightwing activism on a new footing as the cold war drew to a close.

In the late 1980s, Lind wrote a couple of monographs arguing that there was an emerging mainstream political consensus on free-market economics (due in part to the “disarray” of the traditional social-democratic left), but that many Americans across the political spectrum were dismayed by the decline in traditional values, the family and middle-class life. If conflict with the left could be shifted to the ground of culture, there was a chance of binding the right and even claiming some socially conservative voters who had traditionally voted for the Democrats.

When the Berlin Wall fell, it was time for Lind’s strategy of “cultural conservatism” to become a central strategy for US Republicans: it identified a new kind of social enemy for the right to mobilise against. The changing parameters of economic debate and the beginning of American decline demanded that conservatives embrace a politics “centred more, not less, on cultural issues” – the family, education, crime and morality. The fairytale of cultural Marxism provided a post-communist adversary located specifically in the cultural realm – academics, Hollywood, journalists, civil rights activists and feminists. It has been a mainstay of conservative activism and rhetoric ever since.

While Lind has recently become a more marginal figure, his story of cultural Marxism has proved durable and useful across the spectrum of right-wing thought because it offers so much.

It allows those smarting from a loss of privilege to be offered the shroud of victimhood, by pointing to a shadowy, omnipresent, quasi-foreign elite who are attempting to destroy all that is good in the world. It offers an explanation for the decline of families, small towns, patriarchal authority, and unchallenged white power: a vast, century-long left wing conspiracy. And it distracts from the most important factor in these changes: capitalism, which demands mobility, whose crises have eroded living standards, and which thus, among other things, undermines the viability of conventional family structures and the traditional lifestyles that conservatives approve of.

The story of cultural Marxism is also flexible and can be tailored to fit with the obsessions of a range of right-wing actors. As such, it’s one example of an idea from the extremes which has been mobilised by more mainstream figures and has dragged politics as a whole a little further right.

Anders Breivik killed young social democrats because he believed that their party was involved in a cultural Marxist plot to undermine traditional European values by means of mass immigration from the Islamic world. Prominent voices in the #Gamergate movement have invoked it to warn of what is really motivating the feminist and queer critics of game aesthetics and culture – a desire to purge the culture of “proper” masculine values. It can even chime with Cater’s dreary, pedestrian moaning about how a “graduate class” seeks to remodel authentic, “egalitarian” Australian culture.

The idea of a cultural Marxist conspiracy has also endured because, in the absence of a genuine clash of ideas about the way the economy should be run, it provides an animating idea for the political contest. For Cater to claim that Bill Shorten is a Marxist of any kind is laughable precisely because to the extent that the opposition leader is explicitly offering anything, it’s plainly just a slightly more cushioned version of the same underlying economic orthodoxy embraced by Tony Abbott and Joe Hockey. Until that changes, the right will always be able to offer their story of victimhood and conspiracy with some hope of success.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... the-victim

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:26 pm

Dear CKA,
When you respond to NF's posts and threads in any way you just feed the worst that our society has to offer. Just ignore. Life is too short and your time is too precious.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:37 pm

So basically what you've copied and pasted there is Cultural Marxists telling us there's no such thing as cultural marxism, so nothing to see here and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

No wait, this one's better for a cultural reference. It's like Jimmy Durante in Jumbo.

$1:
Durante starred in the Billy Rose stage musical, Jumbo, in which a police officer stopped him while leading a live elephant and asked him, "What are you doing with that elephant?" Durante's reply, "What elephant?" was a regular show-stopper.

I say there is such a thing as political correctness. I see it all the time. You say "What elephant?" Get it? Political Correctness is the elephant anybody can see just by looking at it. Don't say it's not there. It's like that.

Every sentence in your copy and paste is BS like that? I'm not going to fisk the whole thing proving it.

Let's try this though. Give me your best single example in your own words of what you think proves Cultural Marxism doesn't exist. I'll show you why it does.

And to Beave, insults are fine, but if all you've got is insults you can't support with facts, you've got nothing (but we already knew that). And stop trying to pretend you speak for anybody other than a small group of politically like minded to yourself. It's lame.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:44 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
And stop trying to pretend you speak for anybody other than a small group of politically like minded to yourself. It's lame.

Lefties love to do that. Think they speak for everyone.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:48 pm

I think I'm going to start throwing around the term "Cultural Objectivism" and I'll use it whenever there's psychopathic anti-social calls for the end of safety nets and helping hands in favour of a just and all-knowing free market that dishes out meritocratic judgment onto the leaches. Or I could just call you a privileged whiner with some pure white-bread first world problems. I think I'll go with that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:49 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
And stop trying to pretend you speak for anybody other than a small group of politically like minded to yourself. It's lame.

Lefties love to do that. Think they speak for everyone.

No irony here lol