canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:28 am

Title: Teacher believes being left-handed is �evil�, forces boy to use right hand
Category: Strange
Posted By: ShepherdsDog
Date: 2015-09-27 10:24:37
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:28 am

Funny how the Americans look down on so many Middle Easterners as being a backwards, superstitious lot. They have their own Talibaptists.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:44 am

And it wasn't too long ago that this superstition was widespread. My 5th grade teacher told us kids in her day had their knuckles whacked with a ruler if they used their left hand. And my parents (who grew up in a Mennonite colony in S. America) tell me that kids would have their hands tied behind their backs if they were left handed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:17 am

You get a story like this from the US at least once a day now as their backslide into atavism and religion-inspired ignorance picks up speed. For a group that now firmly believes they're the most persecuted people on the planet it's amazing how creative American bible-thumpers are at finding ways to torment and emotionally/mentally harm other people.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:26 am

I thought this shit died out years ago. For the school board to not immediately reprimand the teacher and force them to change their ways shows that the board is probably of the same medieval mindset. If these people ever attain political dominance in the US (instead of just political fuckupiness) look out. All of a sudden all that Islamophobia will seem misplaced.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:38 am

The teacher is a total nut-case and should have her teaching certificate revoked. The left hand is evil concept was still being held by some right into the early 20th century and I guess if you look hard enough you can still find some cults out there who still believe in it. Anyone who believes in this and tries to enforce right-handedness on their students has no place in the classroom!..... :twisted: :twisted:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:42 am

There is a lot of evidence from the bible that God prefers right-handed people. Rather than offend God, shouldn't we just beat the left-handedness out of children ? For example:

Matthew 25:33-34...41 (King James Version)
$1:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Ecclesastes 10:2 (King James Version)
$1:
A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Psalm 118:15-16 (King James Version)
$1:
Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous:
“The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things! 16 The Lord’s right hand is lifted high; the Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!”

Proverbs 13:24 (NIV)

$1:
Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:04 pm

$1:
And my parents (who grew up in a Mennonite colony in S. America)

Uh -huh....I have a Mennonite buddy whose parents grew up in Brazil and Paraguay. I told him they were colonists who came over on the U-boat circa 1945.

I was one of those kids who was 'switched'. It didn't really take as I shoot left handed and can catch or throw with either hand. I usually eat left handed as well. Writing is what I do right handed for the most part. My dad is a dedicated lefty, as was his father, and so is my youngest son.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Delwin Delwin:
There is a lot of evidence from the bible that God prefers right-handed people. Rather than offend God, shouldn't we just beat the left-handedness out of children ? For example:

Matthew 25:33-34...41 (King James Version)
$1:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Ecclesastes 10:2 (King James Version)
$1:
A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Psalm 118:15-16 (King James Version)
$1:
Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous:
“The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things! 16 The Lord’s right hand is lifted high; the Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!”

Proverbs 13:24 (NIV)

$1:
Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.

There are some religious stories that tell how in the beginning Lucifer stood at the left hand of God while Michael stood at the right.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:28 pm

So let's use a strap or piece of tree branch to beat up a left-handed child because Satan is a bad guy. The way the gears turn inside the fundamentalist religious mind remains endlessly fascinating, especially with the convoluted twists and turns it takes to justify thousands of years worth of demented cruelty towards children.

$1:
Those are the rules of religion
Those are the laws of the land
That's how the forces of darkness have suppressed the spirit of man
That's why human beings still walk on all fours
Whilst in the presence of their so called superiors

- Matt Johnson, The The, 'The Violence Of Truth'

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:03 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

I was one of those kids who was 'switched'.

So....that explains a lot .... :mrgreen:

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:32 pm

In Grade Two I made the division psychologist cry :twisted: Midwich School Division.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:26 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
In Grade Two I made the division psychologist cry :twisted: Midwich School Division.

Psychologists could make God cry!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:36 pm

Consultants run a close second.....but the tears are usually accompanied with thoughts of violence.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:48 pm

I remember being in Kindergarten in the late 60's and my teacher trying to get me to write with my right hand. My mother became quite upset and basically told the teacher to mind her own business. Now back then it was hard being lefthanded as there weren't all that many products for left handed people. Simple things like scissors were hard to use as the cutting edge was made for right handed people. Even today there are very simple products that by no fault of their own are not geared towards left handed people. Look at a simple pen with advertising or a label on it. If you hold it in your right hand the lettering is right side up while if you hold in with your left if's upside down. Simple, goofy things like that just bug me a little. My dad was left handed and he had to go through the attempts of being forced to be right handed and they didn't work. I just don't get the whole conformist attitudes of some people. But we all can't be left handed. Only the good ones.