Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2016-01-29 11:51:14
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:41 pm

A very interesting article! It's always intriguing to learn more about the intelligence of other species.

Thanks for posting this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:42 pm

This has not reduced my desire to hunt parrots at all.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Animals are a lot more intelligent than we give them credit for and I think that future generations will think of us the same way that we think of pre-emancipation slave owners.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:06 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Animals are a lot more intelligent than we give them credit for and I think that future generations will think of us the same way that we think of pre-emancipation slave owners.

This is why I'm not a lefty.

Animals are idiots.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:06 am

Jin-Gitaxias Jin-Gitaxias:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Animals are idiots.

Animals tend to have a lot more compassion than people. Doubly so for you it seems.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:14 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

I agree. My pet chicken is a helluva lot better company than most people I know. Plus she's better behaved.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:23 am

Animals are idiots.

8O

ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:33 am

Great find Dr. Learning something new is always a good thing. :rock:

$1:

You are probably right BeaverFever

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:45 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Animals are idiots.

Humans are animals. 8O

Damn it!!! I think I just proved your point. :oops:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:10 am

raydan raydan:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Animals are idiots.

Humans are animals. 8O

Damn it!!! I think I just proved your point. :oops:

ROTFL

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:20 am

$1:
Canine love story caught on candid camera in St. Albert kennel
Maggie the would-be mother dog breaks out of kennel to comfort crying puppies

It was a one-night match made in heaven for a maternal dog and a pair of young rescue puppies at Barker's Pet Motel and Grooming in St. Albert on Friday.

The dog in question, an Australian shepherd cross named Maggie, had been boarding at Barker's for a little over a week when the two nine-week-old puppies were brought in by the Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society (AARCS).

Barker's often boards dogs for AARCS and the Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) when the groups don't have enough foster homes available, owner Sandy Aldred said Monday.

After getting the puppies settled into their kennel on Friday, Aldred and her family headed out for the evening.

While out at dinner, Aldred used her phone to check on things at Barker's, pulling up the live feed from the kennel's surveillance cameras.

She saw a curious thing.

A subsequent review of the evening's full surveillance footage showed Maggie nudging aside the water dish built in to her kennel's door, and worming her way out through the opening.

"We watched her on the cameras and she went straight around and she found their room. She paid them a lot of attention and you could see her little tail wagging. And she'd do the little bow down to them and poke them through the chainlink gate of their room. She just decided that was where she was going to stay until we came to get her," Aldred said.

"It was really sweet. She just had to be with those puppies."
'The puppies needed her and she needed them'

As soon as Aldred returned to the kennel after dinner, she was greeted at the door by an excited Maggie.

"She came to me and she was really happy, and then she took me back to their room, as if to say, 'I really need to meet these puppies.' "

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3429104

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:46 am

If the above is meant to show intelligence for dogs, it's a fail. Watched a program that compared dogs and a species of crow. The crows could do multipart puzzles to get the food out of box, the dogs just pawed at it. Compared to crows, dogs are do dos, sad to say.

But we love them for their emotional intelligence. Supposedly the animal species that is most adapted to reading human cues. And often the dog is trying to communicate with us but we don't get it. They probably think we're the idiots.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:59 am

No, it's meant to contrast the levels of compassion between canines and Jin.