Title: Kevin Page: Liberals need to explain $40B 'adjustment' | CTV News
Category: Political
Posted By: uwish
Date: 2016-02-23 08:14:24
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:16 am

So the Liberals forecast less growth and government revenue? Guess they're doing a Paul Martin where they come in considerably better than projected.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:40 am

Are they planning as well on repeating the same Paul Martin "success" by nuking the EI system and dumping the entire responsibility for financing health care onto the provinces again? Wow, what a golden era that one was. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:44 am

I doesn't look like it. Quite the opposite.

But Martin is a good example for those against deficits. Yes he caused pain, but we came out of that era in great shape, until Harper got ahold of the wheel. It's what allows Trudeau now to say our debt to gdp ration is excellent, so we can afford some deficit spending.

One diff is that the US was going gangbusters while Martin was cutting, so that made the pain a lot less.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:48 am

Wait...I have an idea...they should cut corporate taxes and that will create jobs!!! :D

That's BRILLIANT!! Am I the first person to ever come up with this?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:51 am

smorgdonkey smorgdonkey:
Wait...I have an idea...they should cut corporate taxes and that will create jobs!!! :D

Good idea. If we eliminate regulations on business at the same time, just let them get on with it, and import a bunch of low wage workers, we'll have the economy humming in no time. The job givers will be pleased.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:52 am

Thanos Thanos:
Are they planning as well on repeating the same Paul Martin "success" by nuking the EI system and dumping the entire responsibility for financing health care onto the provinces again? Wow, what a golden era that one was. :roll:

The same people who praised Martin for "passing the buck" to the provinces, condemned Mike Harris for doing the same thing at the provincial level.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:55 am

andyt andyt:
smorgdonkey smorgdonkey:

Good idea. If we eliminate regulations on business at the same time, just let them get on with it, and import a bunch of low wage workers, we'll have the economy humming in no time. The job givers will be pleased.

That's genius.

Perhaps we can find a Coast Guard depot to shut down too...if there are any left.

Is there some consultants that can be hired to do work regarding what we need for our military? I mean, we shouldn't actually BUY anything but we can pay the consultants right?

Oh...and how about allowing people with jobs to get welfare too? Similar to the Child Tax benefit. We could call it the Employment Welfare benefit. People making a $ million per year will get the same amount as people making minimum wage.

It's also about time for a G8 summit too isn't it? Imagine the stimulation to the economy if we spend $1 billion on security!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:06 am

I have to admit that I'm a lot more impressed with the Liberals underestimating revenues and pumping up the reserve fund than I was with the Cons raiding the reserve fund so they could claim a surplus.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:09 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Thanos Thanos:

The same people who praised Martin for "passing the buck" to the provinces, condemned Mike Harris for doing the same thing at the provincial level.

For all the condemnation they got, and rightfully so sometimes too for their own fuck-ups and seediness, it was Harris, Ralph Klein, and the other premiers of the time that got shoved into an impossible situation when the federal health care transfers got cut to the bone by Chretien/Martin. Anyone who ever had a family member unnecessarily die in an understaffed hospital at the time were basically told that their sacrifice and pain was necessary so the federal Liberal government, who were also neck-deep at the time in Adscam, Shawinigate, and buying crappy obsolete submarines that proved lethal to Canadian sailors, could bask in the glory of their championship performance of Austerity Hero.

It'll always just be Our Guy = good, Their Guy = bad. There really is nothing at all else to it. :|

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:56 am

smorgdonkey smorgdonkey:
andyt andyt:
smorgdonkey smorgdonkey:

Is there some consultants that can be hired to do work regarding what we need for our military? I mean, we shouldn't actually BUY anything but we can pay the consultants right?

You mean like this? http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/royal-navy-admiral-shipbuilding-1.3459033 lol

From the same Navy that sold us broken Subs

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:49 am

Meh.

Attachments:
2863623.jpg
2863623.jpg [ 131.49 KiB | Viewed 401 times ]