Title: Zoo elephant throws stone at visitors, killing girl, 7
Category: Strange
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2016-07-30 16:12:04

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:31 pm

It's either an ISIS elephant or it's pissed off at being held captive in an undersized enclosure where it's life is measured in wasted years till it's death.

It's sad that a young girl died but the reality is that unless a species is endangered we shouldn't be keeping anything captive and if we do we should only keep it until we can reintroduce into it's natural habitat.

Unfortunately with the poaching being done we may have to keep elephants in captivity just to try and keep their species alive.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:03 pm

We need to ban rocks. If the elephant did not have access to rocks the girl would be alive to day.

The above message was brought to you by lefty logic. Join you local left wing party and donate for screwed up logic like this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:20 pm

stratos stratos:
We need to ban rocks. If the elephant did not have access to rocks the girl would be alive to day.

The above message was brought to you by lefty logic.

R=UP

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:57 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
It's either an ISIS elephant or it's pissed off at being held captive in an undersized enclosure where it's life is measured in wasted years till it's death.

It's sad that a young girl died but the reality is that unless a species is endangered we shouldn't be keeping anything captive and if we do we should only keep it until we can reintroduce into it's natural habitat.

Unfortunately with the poaching being done we may have to keep elephants in captivity just to try and keep their species alive.

This is how I feel.

I think that zoos should be abolished, in favour of conservation centres. I understand that zoos already fill this role to an extent, but not all of their exhibits are endangered or at risk.

I also think this is a situation where we should be playing god, and try to record as much genetic information as possible from at risk and endangered species. I don't endorse bringing back those that die from natural circumstances, but I do believe we should make an effort to return as many species as possible to the planet once we finish fucking it up and finally clean up our mess.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

Very sad that this happened. Whether or not the elephant meant harm is hard to say.

I agree with you. Either way humans are at fault for the state that many creatures live in.

Poaching can be eliminated by there not being any support or market for the products that are a result of the poaching. Unfortunately, not going to happen.

Zoos can be eliminated by people not going to them or supporting them. Unfortunately, not going to happen.

In our quest to be at the top of the chain we've done and continue to do too much damage to other species for our own benefit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:40 pm

stratos stratos:

The above message was brought to you by lefty logic. Join you local left wing party and donate for screwed up logic like this.

I bet you elephants at that zoo will have lessons access to rocks going forward.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:55 am

Rocks don't kill people, elephants do. Can't infringe on the rights of elephants to protect themselves just because of the few bad apples. Unless of course it turns out this elephant was Muslim.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:00 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
stratos stratos:

I bet you elephants at that zoo will have lessons access to rocks going forward.

By at least 1