canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:45 pm

Title: Photos of women being forced to remove 'burkinis' spark outrage online | CTV News
Category: Political
Posted By: uwish
Date: 2016-08-24 14:44:32

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:45 pm

I think this is complete idiocy. Firstly, how in the hell can you actually define a burkini? honestly, what is she was wearing leggings and a shirt? So..what is a women swims in jeans? is it only because her head is covered?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:32 pm

I guess a certain % of skin must be exposed when at the beach.
$1:
Beaches in France have always been known as places where you can show as much skin as you like, the more skin the better. But now that's becoming sort of compulsory. In fact, on some beaches you have to show more skin, or risk being fined.

Source:
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as- ... -1.3726432

Ridiculous to me actually.

It makes me think of the time before todays bathing suit and bikinis when women even here in the Western world were not allowed to show skin and that was perfectly acceptable. And yes, I do realize that times have changed but not all women are comfortable with alot of skin exposure and NOT just because of religious reasons.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:38 pm

uwish uwish:
I think this is complete idiocy. Firstly, how in the hell can you actually define a burkini? honestly, what is she was wearing leggings and a shirt? So..what is a women swims in jeans? is it only because her head is covered?

Read on...

$1:
Cannes has been cracking down on burkinis, claiming the women wearing them are “manifesting religious affiliations in an ostentatious way.”

Earlier this month, Cannes Mayor David Lisnard issued an ordinance forbidding beachwear that “doesn’t respect good morals and secularism. He cited security concerns in the ban.

What you're not hearing here and what is being discussed elsewhere is that the Moslem scumbags have been attacking women who are NOT wearing their fucking hijabikinis on the beach.

The mayor of Cannes solved this problem by banning the outfit that the Moslems are trying to force all women to wear at the beach. See, if they can't wear it then they and their woglodyte men won't go to the beach in the first place.

This is what the start of the European push-back against Sharia looks like and I can't be happier for the people of France that they're finding their will not just to fight back against the Moslems but to also spit in the faces of the accursed liberals who thought that all this immigration was such a brilliant idea.

An example of this bullshit happened in Florida just two months ago...

Last edited by BartSimpson on Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:40 pm

This is contrived.

France passed a law banning Burkinis on the beach. It looks like activists turned up with cameras to make an issue and claim victimhood.

Screw em. No...not literally. Who'd want to?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Burkas are archaic and symbols of oppressing women. Basic fact.

But I fail to see how this isn't getting to the same place by trying to run in the opposite direction.

It's getting retarded guys. This is France's plan to combat terrorism? Tell women to take their clothes off using armed patrolmen?

Geniuses.

Probably better and less reactionary ways to go about doing this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:43 pm

Another example of the scumbag Moslems attacking French women who dare to wear a bikini...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... paign.html

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:46 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
Burkas are archaic and symbols of oppressing women. Basic fact.

But I fail to see how this isn't getting to the same place by trying to run in the opposite direction.

It's getting retarded guys. This is France's plan to combat terrorism? Tell women to take their clothes off using armed patrolmen?

Geniuses.

Probably better and less reactionary ways to go about doing this.

No. The Moslems are trying to force everyone else to wear their friggin tents. By wearing their tent to the beach they try to use that as a way to bully and intimidate French women.

Banning the burkini is then no different than what several US cities do by banning people from wearing gang colors and gang clothing in public.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:49 pm

It's a bit different in that a lot of innocent people are likely to get caught up in this. No, being Muslim isn't quite the same as "outspoken gang member".

Again, less reactionary methods are probably smarter and less ugga-ugga.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Conservatives are hard to get a grasp of. Wear too much clothing, get flak, wear too little clothing, get flak.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:53 pm

Conservatives are hard to get a grasp of. Wear too much clothing, get flak, wear too little clothing, get flak.

So are many liberals!

Where what you want! Unless, that person over there is offended by it, than you must capitulate to their wishes.

Seems to me like both sides have their issues.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:54 pm

Do we know they did that? I'm not sure the pics of the activist model laying on the stones then rising to remove her shawl and hijab show that. Can anybody translate the video of the white Prog looking activist in the second link. Does somebody tell her to strip?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I doubt it. They most likely just tell her she can't wear a burkini on the beach.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:05 pm

peck420 peck420:

So are many liberals!

Wear what you want! Unless, that person over there is offended by it, then you must capitulate to their wishes.

Funny, these days it's the young leftists who are being called 'The New Victorians' for their highly repressive social, dress, and language codes.

Even funnier is I'd have likely fit in just fine at a liberal college campus circa 1969.

Fuck the (abusive) police? Check.

Free speech? Check.

Legalize drugs? Check.

Wear what you want? Check.

Listen to rock music? Check.

Screw the Establisment and power to the people? Check.

Fuck censorship? Check.

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:06 pm

peck420 peck420:

So are many liberals!

Where what you want! Unless, that person over there is offended by it, than you must capitulate to their wishes.

Hey, agreed.

This situation just likes two sides of a very ugly authoritarian coin to me.

Something like this violates the NAP too, doesn't it, Fiddle/Bart?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:08 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Listen to rock music? Check.

I was wondering if you listen to that trap electronic music that was in the taser bike video on the regular, would give me a very different vision of you.