canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:00 pm

Title: Single dad awarded $67,692 jackpot in Oilers 50/50 deadline exception | Hockey |
Category: Sports
Posted By: Alta_redneck
Date: 2016-10-27 11:44:36
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:00 pm

They say these 50/ 50 draws are mostly a Western Canadian thing and that you don't see to many in the East is that true. For the Nov 5th game the Eskimos are throwing in $100,000 into the 50 / 50, if the weather is have desent the winner could walk out of there with close to $300,000.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:18 pm

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
They say these 50/ 50 draws are mostly a Western Canadian thing and that you don't see to many in the East is that true.

No, that's not true. Just about every sporting event, community event, buck & doe, etc. I've ever been to holds a 50-50 draw. I'll no doubt drop $20 on the 50-50 at the Petes-Rangers game tomorrow and another at the Legion supper on Saturday. Where'd you get the idea that it's a Western thing?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:40 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
They say these 50/ 50 draws are mostly a Western Canadian thing and that you don't see to many in the East is that true.

No, that's not true. Just about every sporting event, community event, buck & doe, etc. I've ever been to holds a 50-50 draw. I'll no doubt drop $20 on the 50-50 at the Petes-Rangers game tomorrow and another at the Legion supper on Saturday. Where'd you get the idea that it's a Western thing?

A host of a sports talk show on the radio out here that travels with the Oilers, I thought that was weird, everyone likes winning money. They were talking Pro sports but I'm sure it's the same every where

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Back when I was reffing, we traveled about an hour away to do a Sr. A Mens' game and my crew and I each threw in $10, or whatever I forget, at the 50-50 table on the way to the dressing room and we hit the winner. $800 and change. We spent every dime of that $800 on drink tickets with the locals at arena. They don't always hate the officials. Yeah, we have 50-50s here! Night I'll never forget, except I'd forgotten a lot of it by the next morning.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:33 pm

Our AAA men's team has the defending Allan Cup Champions in town tomorrow night, that pot will be around $2000 - $2500. Nothing like small town Friday night hockey

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:46 pm

People are pissed off the dad was awarded the jackpot which has set a precedent.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:22 pm

BRAH BRAH:
People are pissed off the dad was awarded the jackpot which has set a precedent.

Oh no doubt, but how big a prick does a person have to be to bitch about the way this story ends.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:34 am

BRAH BRAH:

Oh no doubt, but how big a prick does a person have to be to bitch about the way this story ends.

The dad in question is giving $30,000 of his winnings to a charity so the people who are still bitching about this need to just STFU.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:12 pm

BRAH BRAH:
The dad in question is giving $30,000 of his winnings to a charity so the people who are still bitching about this need to just STFU.

That's awesome. Good for him. [B-o]