Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:42 am

Thanos Thanos:
How's that government of Goldman Sachs, by Goldman Sachs, and for Goldman Sachs working out for you folks these days, eh?

The same way it's been working out for the last seventy years.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:48 am

So, it's super great when the banker's puppets have a (R) after their last name but not so much when there's a (D) there? Huh. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:17 am

That's the lie that Bart and his ilk's bought into: that half his fellow countrymen are his enemies. Sad...and childish.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:22 am

For all the hemming and hawing, this missile strike doesn't change much, if anything IMO. Assad is still in power killing civilians every day using conventional means as are his butt buddies the Russians who bomb hospitals for fun it seems.

Nothing has changed. Syria is a mess with no good endings in sight and few if any, positive signs of improving.

A Tomahawk missile costs $1m. How many refugees could that money have sponsored here?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 am

Exactly. Why is gassing civilians worse than using barrel-bombs full of nails on them? This whole thing is a hypocritical crock from top to bottom. I have some respect for the cold-blooded realists that say we have to put up with Assad because the alternative in ISIS is worse, but I have zero respect for the hand-wringing and weeping over "dead Syrian babies" from those who never gave a damn about any of them before.

This is why the public record on platforms like Twitter is invaluable right now because looking up what these shills and hack politicians said in 2013 compared to what they're saying today is hilarious levels of tragi-comedy.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:56 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
That's the lie that Bart and his ilk's bought into: that half his fellow countrymen are his enemies. Sad...and childish.

Playground Insults and churlish epithets are all you have, as usual.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:02 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Lemmy Lemmy:

Playground Insults and churlish epithets are all you have, as usual.

I think that you're a good and intelligent man, one who put it all on the line for his magnificent country. Which makes it all the more tragic when you side with these cretins and their ideology that is best described, charitably too, as batshit insane. Get mad at me all you want but you, sir, are way better than the human garbage you're choosing to side with.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:35 pm

0/10
imperialist as fuck

Attachments:
tmp_5988-FB_IMG_1491593326922-319737019.jpg
tmp_5988-FB_IMG_1491593326922-319737019.jpg [ 18.04 KiB | Viewed 198 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:45 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Fuck Assad and fuck Russia. Assad promised to get rid of his chemical weapons and the Russians promised to ensure that happened. Well it didn't and Trump took action after Assad broke international law by gassing his own people.

The US did destroy all chemical weapons that Syria admitted to having.

I'm just surprised that anyone believed that Syria disclosed their entire inventory, instead of just the weapons they didn't want to keep and didn't want to pay to destroy on their own.

But I'm the jaded type. I think they did disclose and destroy their entire inventory. And then Russia outfitted them with fresh, new weapons. :( At market prices, of course.

If that's the case then John Kerry is full of shit. :wink:

$1:
Western powers have condemned Syria for unleashing a chemical attack on civilians in Khan Sheikhoun, a community in a rebel-controlled zone in northwestern Syria. While the details remain in dispute, and Syria denies using chemical weapons, multiple reports from hospitals and other eyewitnesses describe an airstrike followed by victims choking to death.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights put the death toll at 72, including many women and children. The World Health Organization said a chemical attack was likely because of the "lack of external injuries reported in cases showing a rapid onset of similar symptoms, including acute respiratory distress as the main cause of death. Some cases appear to show additional signs consistent with exposure to organophosphorus chemicals, a category of chemicals that includes nerve agents."

The outcry leads us to revisit a 2014 claim from former Secretary of State John Kerry. Kerry said in a television interview that in Syria, "we got 100 percent of the chemical weapons out."

Syria had agreed in 2013 to an ambitious program to destroy its chemical stockpiles under international supervision, as part of a deal brokered by Russia. When Kerry spoke in July 2014, the process seemed far along. Based on reports from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons -- which later won the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts -- we rated that claim Mostly True. There were caveats about incomplete information, but at the time, international experts said the claim largely held up.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ical-weap/

You aren't a skeptic, you're a realist because as it turns out you're hunch was right.

It's the Org for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons that didn't do an effective job confirming the eradication of those weapons and given John Kerry's mouthing off about getting 100% of the chemical weapons out there's no doubt the Russians and Assad felt they could use them with impunity and then claim that it couldn't have been them because they didn't have any.

To bad they guessed wrong because, what they didn't count on was Trumps willingness to stick his size 9 boot up their asses just to make a point.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:22 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
0/10
imperialist as fuck

Given that since Trump's inauguration the left has been ceaselessy agitating against Russia as as enemy of Hillary and a willing co-conspirator to Trump I'd think you assholes would be happy to see us go to war.

That's the very question I've asked of the leftards on this site several times since January 20: Do you want to go to war with Russia?

Well, maybe you got your wish.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:39 pm

And reports are coming in that the base that was force fed 59 cruise missiles is already back in operation.

So then all the attack of last night did was let Trump bask in adulation from idiot TV pundits for a few hours while accomplishing nothing and likely making things worse and harder to achieve anything resembling a solution in Syria.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:55 pm

xerxes xerxes:
And reports are coming in that the base that was force fed 59 cruise missiles is already back in operation.

So then all the attack of last night did was let Trump bask in adulation from idiot TV pundits for a few hours while accomplishing nothing and likely making things worse and harder to achieve anything resembling a solution in Syria.

The Russian Foreign Ministry issued a statement that the missiles came within a few hundred meters of Russian air force personnel.

I just can't imagine the crapstorm we'd be in today if we'd hit the Russian barracks and killed a couple hundred of their people.

All over a goddam pipeline.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Probable scenario:
Putin: Bashar my luchik, it's Vlad. How you be doingk?
Assad: My dear friend. I am fine, why the call?
Putin: Well Bashar, you nowit my guy Donnie. He be wantink a conweenient target to distract gully-bull Amerikan . It has to be conwinsinkt, so I be needing some formerly vorm bodies.
Assad: No problem. When will you need them, and where?
Putin: Well Donnie say he need airly morning airstrike, so he can get in afternoon of goolf. before he talk to Chinese.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:00 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Probable scenario:
Putin: Bashar my luchik, it's Vlad. How you be doingk?
Assad: My dear friend. I am fine, why the call?
Putin: Well Bashar, you nowit my guy Donnie. He be wantink a conweenient target to distract gully-bull Amerikan . It has to be conwinsinkt, so I be needing some formerly vorm bodies.
Assad: No problem. When will you need them, and where?
Putin: Well Donnie say he need airly morning airstrike, so he can get in afternoon of goolf. before he talk to Chinese.

Yeah, this is no fucking joke. We directly attacked a treaty ally of Russia's. So that destroyer that the Russians have steaming at the Syrian coast? It'll be absolutely within the rights of the Russians to fire on any combatant that fires at Syrian forces. And if the Russian ship loses the confrontation then Putin will have no political options but to get ready for a furball.

All over a fucking pipeline.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Public_Domain Public_Domain:
0/10
imperialist as fuck

Given that since Trump's inauguration the left has been ceaselessy agitating against Russia as as enemy of Hillary and a willing co-conspirator to Trump I'd think you assholes would be happy to see us go to war.

That's the very question I've asked of the leftards on this site several times since January 20: Do you want to go to war with Russia?

Well, maybe you got your wish.

>what the Left wants
>whatever the fuck Hillary wants

fucking pick one