CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:23 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:
Michael Moore can Fuck Off!

^ nothing triggers him like the truth
What truth? That Moore is a piece of shit who exploits people's misery and fears for his own personal gain? Or that this latest claptrap of Moore's is little more than a propaganda film and he fucking knows it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:16 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:

What truth? That Moore is a piece of shit who exploits people's misery and fears for his own personal gain? Or that this latest claptrap of Moore's is little more than a propaganda film and he fucking knows it.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:07 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:

The truth Paco, you're a easily triggered rabies infested Leftist who rants and raves about the Right everyday. :lol:

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
BRAH BRAH:

Well said

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:21 pm

herbie herbie:
He doesn't have to, we've got this investor immigrant thing.
If he want to open his business in Vancouver, he could even afford to live there so let him.
But obviously, he's an American as much as we're Canadians and wants to fix things, not run away.

Even investor immigrants have to apply and go through the motion. I could see his application getting expedited if the government wanted to, but either way, he should still jump through the same hoops as everyone else.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:51 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:

Oh? I wonder if the truth of how Moore's latest piece of dreck is tanking at the box office will trigger you?

https://variety.com/2018/film/columns/h ... 202953813/

Seems that Brah is not alone in telling Michael Moore to fuck off. And worse yet for Moore is a bunch more people aren't bothering with him at all.

:mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:12 pm

I'd wager a good portion of the people who would watch it will wait to pirate it. Or more likely, watch it on netflix. I find that people don't go to the theatres to watch a documentary. They go to watch something that actually has it enhanced by the theatre. Action movies and shit like that. Leave a documentary till you're at home.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:30 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:

Oh? I wonder if the truth of how Moore's latest piece of dreck is tanking at the box office will trigger you?

https://variety.com/2018/film/columns/h ... 202953813/

Seems that Brah is not alone in telling Michael Moore to fuck off. And worse yet for Moore is a bunch more people aren't bothering with him at all.

:mrgreen:

Don't count his movie out yet - Sicko opened to $4.5 million and went on to make $50+ million.

I agree with Tricks that a lot of people will watch it on Netflix or pirate it, but documentaries usually start off slow in the theatre and then the box office grows as time goes on.

I think they made a mistake and opened it too soon - the distributor should have waited until the second week of October.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:48 pm

Tricks Tricks:
They go to watch something that actually has it enhanced by the theatre. Action movies and shit like that. Leave a documentary till you're at home.

Enhanced by the theatre?

It's not even physically possible for a theatre to 'enhance' my experience beyond my home theatre. Literally not physically possible. They would have to make way too many profit cutting measures to make that happen.

Unless you are talking about the side 'enhancements'...my home theatre will never have floors quite as sticky as the full theatre, nor will I ever get that bad BO mixed with popcorn smell, nor the person that thinks they are 'discretely' checking their phone mid movie....but, I have found it not as difficult as one would think, to live without those enhancements.

Don't even get me started on what the vast majority of theatres in Canada (Cineplex) has done for their audio ....gross.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:50 pm

peck420 peck420:
Tricks Tricks:
They go to watch something that actually has it enhanced by the theatre. Action movies and shit like that. Leave a documentary till you're at home.

Enhanced by the theatre?

It's not even physically possible for a theatre to 'enhance' my experience beyond my home theatre. Literally not physically possible. They would have to make way too many profit cutting measures to make that happen.

Unless you are talking about the side 'enhancements'...my home theatre will never have floors quite as sticky as the full theatre, nor will I ever get that bad BO mixed with popcorn smell, nor the person that thinks they are 'discretely' checking their phone mid movie....but, I have found it not as difficult as one would think, to live without those enhancements.

Don't even get me started on what the vast majority of theatres in Canada (Cineplex) has done for their audio ....gross.

I mean over the typical tv setup of at best a soundbar with a 50 inch 1080p tv. :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Tricks Tricks:
I mean over the typical tv setup of at best a soundbar with a 50 inch 1080p tv. :lol:

What the fuck is this abomination you call a a soundbar?

Don't tell me they are silly enough to think you can get jaw dropping sound positioning effects from a single sound source?

Jokes aside, I do realize I have a luxury that most don't, but I do have to question why? Simply because I know many that have spent more on going to a theatre, then it would have cost them to take their 50" to a whole other level, in every other area of the viewing experience.

Granted, my FIL did spend more money on his ceiling speakers (puke) than I did for my entire surround package. Full disclosure, I build mine from individual drivers, custom built crosses, etc.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:10 pm

peck420 peck420:
Tricks Tricks:

What the fuck is this abomination you call a a soundbar?

Don't tell me they are silly enough to think you can get jaw dropping sound positioning effects from a single sound source?

Jokes aside, I do realize I have a luxury that most don't, but I do have to question why? Simply because I know many that have spent more on going to a theatre, then it would have cost them to take their 50" to a whole other level, in every other area of the viewing experience.

Granted, my FIL did spend more money on his ceiling speakers (puke) than I did for my entire surround package. Full disclosure, I build mine from individual drivers, custom built crosses, etc.

Trust me, I'm in agreement with you. But I worked in consumer electronics enough to know that over 85% of people took a sub 100 dollar sound bar instead of any real setup. And that's if they took anything at all. Any that did inquire I promptly sent them to a local place that's been doing it for about 40 years, that I knew would take care of them. I've been trying to get my parents to let me do a pretty minimal by no means high end setup that would hide most of the stuff for them. They still won't bite and are cool with their yamaha sound bar. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:18 pm

In 1997 I spent over $2,000 on a cutting edge B&O sound system for our massive 32" old school TV because Mrs. Bart wanted an epic sound system.

The sound was epic. Six channel surround with two woofers and three subwoofers.

After it was all balanced, installed, and running perfectly we had amazing sound and the radio sounded like a concert hall.

What was Mrs. Bart's reaction?

If I was home watching a movie or listening to music then when she'd walk in the door the first thing she did was to shut it off.

Not turn it down but shut it off.

When the system finally died around 2007 I didn't bother replacing it.

The last time she told me she wanted a stereo system I went over to her parent's house and picked up her portable radio/cassette player from 1984 and plugged it in for her at home.

So if I want great sound I put on my gaming headphones and get 7.1 surround.

But I could care less what comes out of the TV.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:36 pm

BRAH BRAH:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:

The truth Paco, I’m an easily triggered rabies infested right winger who rants and raves about a friggin’ movie :lol

Had to fix a few errors there