canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:25 pm

Title: Vignettes from a pre-immunization Canada as childhood vaccination rates plummet
Category: Health
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2018-09-26 12:18:55
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:25 pm

This is why we cant have nice things. So when these 750,000 children get diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus and measles, the rest of us get to pay for the treatment. Great.

The idiot fucking parents should be shot. We don't need that stupidity spreading further.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:39 pm

I think it's Australia that's started fining parents who don't immunize their children. That's a good start IMO. That, or they lose their tax exemptions for their idiocy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:44 pm

There probably has to be a major Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse type of catastrophe (world war, global pandemic, full-spectrum resource collapse, mega-death beyond all current imagination) that has to happen again before enough stupid people finally smarten up and start doing the right thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Thanos Thanos:
There probably has to be a major Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse type of catastrophe (world war, global pandemic, full-spectrum resource collapse, mega-death beyond all current imagination) that has to happen again before enough stupid people finally smarten up and start doing the right thing.

Hopefully if that happens it just eliminates the stupid ones and saves the sane part of the world from having to explain to these halfwits why vaccinations save lives.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:10 pm

xerxes xerxes:
That, or they lose their tax exemptions for their idiocy.

There’s a tax exemption for idiocy?
Those conservatives and their self-serving tax cuts!

:D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:52 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
xerxes xerxes:
That, or they lose their tax exemptions for their idiocy.

There’s a tax exemption for idiocy?
Those conservatives and their self-serving tax cuts!

:D

Heh. I should probably clarify. They should their child tax benefits for their idiocy and any other family tax benefit they might otherwise be entitled to.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:23 pm

I know sensitive subject but do immigrants get automatic vaccines in Canada?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:31 pm

MeganC MeganC:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre ... 346&top=33

Offered but not required.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:40 pm

MeganC MeganC:

Probably should be mandatory

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:48 pm

They do undergo a medical exam as part of the immigration process that would detect anyone oming in with a communicable disease

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:27 pm

Its hard to believe that these immunizations are not required by law. In the states they are required in a round of bout way. Children are required to have the immunizations to attend day care or school. If the children do not attend school (which is required by law) the parents can be charged with neglect/child endangerment. The growth of the home school movement has seen an increase in children not getting vaccinations. I have nothing against home schooling, some of those kids are light years ahead of their peers. It just sucks that kids are not getting the vaccines, and we are seeing an increase of cases of diseases that we have not really heard from in a long time.

On a side note: everyone from my generation has a permanent scar on their arm from the smallpox vaccine that we received as a child. I still remember getting that air gun shot that blew multiple vaccines into your arm at the same time as a kid in the first grade. Back then the health department would come to the schools and vaccinate all the kids at the same time, usually in the first week of the first grade.