bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:08 pm

FieryVulpine FieryVulpine:
Personally, I mostly ignore Greta because she is a puppet who reads the same script and go about my life as if she barely exists. Her supporters are just the usual (likely unemployed) rabble who can't even muster up ten thousand because everyone else has a job or more pressing matters to attend to.

I doubt renewable energy will be as important as the petroleum industry due to its own limitations, not that I mind more power added to the grid. From what I can glean from a couple articles, solar power appears to be on an upward trajectory and I have heard some interesting things about the viability of geothermal power in the province. However, the demand for oil is going to increase as consumers like China, India, and other parts of the developing require more Texas tea to fuel their economies--given that oil in a finite resource scarcity will inevitably drive the price up.

Greta and her supporters' efforts are largely useless because these nations don't really care what some teenager from a failing country thinks.

R=UP R=UP

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:10 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
peck420 peck420:
FieryVulpine FieryVulpine:
Her speech was effectively the same talking points I've heard before when I saw it on CTV News. I still maintain that while she believes what she say, I can't help get the inkling that some unscrupulous adults are exploiting her; a sixteen-year-old with Aspergers, OCD, and history of depression and anxiety is a perfect human shield.

I don't think she had any idea what kind of viper pit she had marched with, until it was far too late to go back.

Just my take on it.

Agreed, there was a couple times the camera focussed on her, and it looked like she was thinking, "I thought this march was about the climate emergency, not indigenous rights."

Indigenous groups there totally hijacked the event and their lack of organization was terrible.[/quote]
Quelle surprise.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:15 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Indigenous groups there totally hijacked the event and their lack of organization was terrible.

"White people to the back."

Did you see that? It's at the 2 minute mark of the top video above.

WTF? The current climate hysteria kid is white - was she included in the demand to move to the back.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Mowich Mowich:

WTF? The current climate hysteria kid is white - was she included in the demand to move to the back.

Nope. The hip and woke celebrity of the moment doesn't have to move for anyone. They're far too important to the cause.