canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:20 am

I didn't see that coming. ^^

I would have expected him to appoint the only NDP elected in Alberta to the cabinet, before Nenshi.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:34 am

Trudeau should take Nenshi. It would fulfil the diversity prerogative of his regime as it would be including both an ethnic minority and a little bitch.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:22 am

Thanos Thanos:
Trudeau should take Nenshi. It would fulfil the diversity prerogative of his regime as it would be including both an ethnic minority and a little bitch.

[cheer]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:41 am

Even if this movement (WEXIT) is more about making Ottawa understand that we want a say in how our government runs our country, I still think we are nearing the end of Canada's time as a nation as we know it. The resurgence of the Bloc could mean another push for sovereignty; and if they were to succeed, other regions could follow suit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:49 am

Centralized control over a population this diverse in a land mass this large no longer makes sense, especially when it's empirically proven that one part of the country keeps getting blatantly ripped off in order for another part of the country to thrive. This is bullshit and it's not sustainable. The central portion will never agree, ever, to a new arrangement that makes everything more equitable. In light of that intransigence a series of regional divorces becomes the only real solution possible.

Other countries have broken up in recent years without an apocalypse erupting. The same thing will happen to Canada eventually. It's really nothing to be scared of.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:18 am

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:38 am

herbie herbie:
Of course it will be built! Did you think they bought it to cancel it?

Well, one of the surest ways to kill any profitable venture is to have the government take it over.

I recall the IRS took over a Nevada brothel and even though it sold hookers and alcohol the IRS managed to fuck it up. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:40 am

Thanos Thanos:
Centralized control over a population this diverse in a land mass this large no longer makes sense...

Sure it does. It just takes a well funded and unchecked police state to impose order and silence dissent amongst the unarmed populace.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:17 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Sure it does. It just takes a well funded and unchecked police state to impose order and silence dissent amongst the unarmed populace.

Look at the Soviet Union. Its liberalization under Gorbachev was a deciding factor in its breakup. It's somewhat amazing that it wasn't as violent as it could have been.

Yugoslavia, on the other hand...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:26 pm

$1:
“The nuclear meltdown at Chernobyl 20 years ago this month, even more than my launch of Perestroika, was perhaps the real cause of the collapse of the Soviet Union five years later.

-Mikhail Gorbachev

Could the current attitude towards Oil and resources be our Chernobyl "moment" (I don't mean an a disaster on an unimaginable scale, I mean the arrogance the both preceded it and followed it).

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:49 pm

This country's desperate need for attention for attention and praise make us the perfect patsies for groups like Tides, The Rockefellers, and other shady NGOs.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:18 pm

FieryVulpine FieryVulpine:
This country's desperate need for attention for attention and praise make us the perfect patsies for groups like Tides, The Rockefellers, and other shady NGOs.

True.

I've long observed on this board that until Canadians primarily identify as Canadian instead of Not American then Canada cannot truly blossom.

And how do you identify as Canadian when your limp dicked PM denies that a Canadian identity even exists? :roll:

And if there is no Canadian identity then why should anyone GAF about remaining part of Canada? :?:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:57 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Centralized control over a population this diverse in a land mass this large no longer makes sense, especially when it's empirically proven that one part of the country keeps getting blatantly ripped off in order for another part of the country to thrive. This is bullshit and it's not sustainable. The central portion will never agree, ever, to a new arrangement that makes everything more equitable. In light of that intransigence a series of regional divorces becomes the only real solution possible.

Other countries have broken up in recent years without an apocalypse erupting. The same thing will happen to Canada eventually. It's really nothing to be scared of.

Did you get that from the old Lega Nord website ? :lol: :lol:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:01 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Thanos Thanos:
Centralized control over a population this diverse in a land mass this large no longer makes sense...

Actually, one of the reasons the USA does better is the much stronger central government.

FieryVulpine FieryVulpine:
Look at the Soviet Union. Its liberalization under Gorbachev was a deciding factor in its breakup. It's somewhat amazing that it wasn't as violent as it could have been.

Yugoslavia, on the other hand...

No, the liberalization was the last gasp in the long run up to the collapse.
The USSR was done since the 70's, they just didn't know it.

Yugoslavia was a case of 'I really hate my brother, but I am more afraid of the Government.'
Then remove the government.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:35 pm

Saw a good one today

"Bloc Rednecois"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  Next