canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:29 am

I see people jogging around here all the time. One of them must be running away from something. Can I go out and shoot one or does he/she has to be black? :?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:50 am

Martin15 Martin15:

If you try to grab a gun, you deserve what happens next.

You DESERVE to get murdered? Wow!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:58 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
Martin15 Martin15:

How to legally kill a black guy...

Go near him menacingly (we need 2 armed people here, at least)
Babble something something about citizen's arrest
If he tries to defend himself, shoot him
Tell everybody he tried to grab your gun

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:09 pm

rickc rickc:
fifeboy fifeboy:
rickc rickc:
I spend a lot of time in the police misconduct thread as I believe that the police in the states are out of control in a lot of locations. It would be easy to dismiss the problem as a lack of training. I believe that the problem is not a lack of training, but that they are being trained as an occupying army. Peace officers are supposed to de-escalate situations. Too many police departments are trained to escalate every situation. All contact (for any reason) with these officers turns into an interrogation complete with demands to produce ID. I actually seen a video a few weeks ago where a man who was calling in an accident was arrested for failing to ID. Its fucking ridiculous. All contact with these officers turns into a fishing expedition. Every question that they ask is designed to trip you up and generate revenue through arrest, or citation. All contact turns into an unconstitutional search. You can't ask these assholes the time of day without getting searched and ran through the system. I am not joking. Unfortunately for African Americans, they are the number one target of opportunity for this police misconduct. In many locals all a black person has to do is leave their home to start attracting unwanted attention from law enforcement.

Police misconduct is a big problem in the U.S., but its not the only problem. Another big problem is where someone accuses someone else of sexual misconduct, rape, racism, discrimination, etc, and the country divides into two different camps. You see it every day on this forum. Every issue becomes a left vs. right battle. A few days ago someone posted a link where Bill Mah

BLAH. BLAH. BLAH
OK FOLKS, I read that...and have come to my limit of organic nitrogen fertilizer for the day!

Good night.

You always were a lightweight when it came to debating. Sleep tight. :lol:

Well, from looking at your arguments and other posters response to them it doesn’t seem I need to be a heavyweight. Others have done my work for me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:17 pm

Apparently there's evidence that the victim was trespassing on the construction site in the neighbourhood, but he didn't steal anything or do any vandalizing. Pretty sure that killing someone for trespassing doesn't apply when the intruder is no longer on the property, or the killer(s) don't even own the property, or when the intruder is leaving the area via a public thoroughfare. Between this bit of legal murkiness though and the way "stand your ground" laws can be abused by clever defense lawyers or biased juries I still say it's a safe bet that these two killers will go unpunished. Enjoy the riots when the verdict comes down, eh. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:26 pm

This is also why Canada did citizens arrest correctly, in that you need to find them committing the offense or it be very soon after you witnessed them committing the offense. So when they ran across this guy on the street, they'd have no authority to make a citizens arrest. Now it wouldn't have mattered, I'm sure they still would have shot him being 'Merica, but that's another systemic problem.

By leaving it ambiguous with "reasonable and probable grounds" when 99% of the population doesn't know what that means, shit like this happens.

Dumbass law causes dumbass results.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Thanos Thanos:
If I was in a place like backwoods Georgia, or any other Southern state for that matter, the first thing I would have done would have been to use the blessed 2nd Amendment to arm myself for protection. And I would have specifically done it entirely due to the way the good ol' boys have been behaving for the last 155 fucking years. I'm white as fuck and I still wouldn't take the overwhelming malice those people have in them for granted because they will fuck anyone over, regardless of skin colour, when the decide to get into one of their mob mentality moments.

That's what these guys did:

https://twitter.com/tyrone_brother/status/1259952962169761792?s=20

Thanos Thanos:
There is something deeply and seriously wrong with those people and their entire culture. I don't care who it pisses off to say it either. For them to go around for the last five or six generations now possessed of such completely unhinged hate and anger and engaging in their endless spasms of hyper-violence is unacceptable by any standard of civilization. That's the greatest tragedy that came from Lincoln's assassination. His successors, lesser men all of them, abandoned Reconstruction far too early. That attitude needed to be burned out of the South altogether, the same way militarism was burned out of Germany and Japan in World War Two. What should have been destroyed altogether by the Civil War was left to fester and it's come back full-force today, with a reprehensible intensity as bad as it was back in 1861.

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:45 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:

I'm hoping that if it ever goes down the crazies find out the hard way that a lot of folks on the other side have armed the shit out of themselves as much as righties have. Seriously, liberals & centrists & anyone else who isn't a fucking hyped-up extremist nutcase, use that 2nd Amendment while you can because you won't get a second chance to protect yourselves if/when the inevitable fight erupts.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:41 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Apparently there's evidence that the victim was trespassing on the construction site in the neighbourhood, but he didn't steal anything or do any vandalizing. Pretty sure that killing someone for trespassing doesn't apply when the intruder is no longer on the property, or the killer(s) don't even own the property, or when the intruder is leaving the area via a public thoroughfare. Between this bit of legal murkiness though and the way "stand your ground" laws can be abused by clever defense lawyers or biased juries I still say it's a safe bet that these two killers will go unpunished. Enjoy the riots when the verdict comes down, eh. :|

There is nothing in the police report about stolen goods on his person. Given that there was a decision not to arrest, the police and the DA would have certainly mentioned any exculpatory evidence to buttress their decision not to arrest.

And these people suddenly finding hours of spare time to methodically list every one of Arbery's prior bad acts. Nothing about the McMichaels though. I guess we just assume that they have lived saintly lives.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:54 pm

Thanos Thanos:
bootlegga bootlegga:

I'm hoping that if it ever goes down the crazies find out the hard way that a lot of folks on the other side have armed the shit out of themselves as much as righties have. Seriously, liberals & centrists & anyone else who isn't a fucking hyped-up extremist nutcase, use that 2nd Amendment while you can because you won't get a second chance to protect yourselves if/when the inevitable fight erupts.

I'm friends with several lefties in the US, and most ofthe rational ones are buying guns and ammo for when the shit hits the fan.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:01 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Thanos Thanos:
bootlegga bootlegga:

I'm friends with several lefties in the US, and most ofthe rational ones are buying guns and ammo for when the shit hits the fan.

Yeah all those university professors and journalists and artists and public intellectuals are gonna kick some MAGA ass! lolololol.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:22 pm

raydan raydan:
fifeboy fifeboy:
Martin15 Martin15:

How to legally kill a black guy...

Go near him menacingly (we need 2 armed people here, at least)
Babble something something about citizen's arrest
If he tries to defend himself, shoot him
Tell everybody he tried to grab your gun

It’s not unlike the Trayvon Martin case American conservatives have a natural expectation that any negro must immediately supplicate himself to any white man who challenges him (including people like Trayvon’s killer Zimmerman). Somehow Zimmermans past of domestic violence, restraining order and assaulting a police officer wasn’t relevant to conservatives but Trayvon was a negro who took selfies wearing his hoodie like a thug which meant he deserved to die even though he’d done nothing wrong other than resist unlawful detention by an armed civilian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:50 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Thanos Thanos:

Yeah all those university professors and journalists and artists and public intellectuals are gonna kick some MAGA ass! lolololol.

Maybe some like Bill Maher (who has said many times he owns a couple guns), but the ones I know are mostly former veterans whose second career is fiction writer. But you're correct that the even if every leftie armed themselves (and many won't), they'd likely lose a civil war, simply because the right controls most of the country. Fortunately, the armed forces are almost evenly divided on whether or not they like Trump:

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... oll-shows/

Last fall I read a disturbing and pretty realistic take on what a second US civil war might look like, and I highly recommend it:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42283331-our-war

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:13 pm

Yeah. When it happens it won't be set-piece battles that endless numbers of Romantic paintings can depict. It'll be like an endless Bosnia in the 1990's, with no end of atrocities committed against those who have no hope of defending themselves. And a lot of Taliban-era Afghanistan as well, with hyper-extremist religious enclaves setting up, keeping the women shut up and in their proper godly place and any dissenters quickly disposed of in the most gruesome manner imaginable. They'll set up what they want, and there'll be no one to stop them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:43 pm

Killer turns out to be some kind of archetype for inept cops. Skipped or failed firearms & use-of-force training multiple times, has previous undisclosed infraction on his police service record:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gregory-m ... ce-courses