bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:58 pm

rickc rickc:
You say that people were more upset over someone taking a knee than someone being murdered. Really?
Yep. Considering it was a prevalent story in the U.S. for what felt like six months after Kaepernick started kneeling, and I bet most people upset over it couldn't even tell you who Castile was.

$1:
Why don't you point out all the massive protests in the U.S. over taking a knee that led to riots, and looting? How many businesses were destroyed by people protesting taking a knee? How many people were killed over protests over people taking a knee? How many people were tear gassed, maced, assaulted, shot with rubber bullets, arrested, over taking a knee? Get me some some numbers on all the death and destruction from the taking a knee protests to back up your claim that people were more more upset over someone taking a knee than someone being murdered. I call bullshit!

You're comparing two separate groups of people. That's a miscommunication on my part. I'm not saying that the SAME people are more upset about the murder now, I'm saying that the people who were burning Nike shoes and felt that they had to stop watching their beloved sport because someone hurt their feelings seem to be pretty fucking quiet right now. Where's the outrage?

There are people on this very forum that shit on Kaepernick, and have supported the police brutality at these protests. If you don't see that as a significant problem, then you're the problem.

Also, sort your shit out was a collective your, meaning America. Not you personally. Thats my bad.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:07 pm

want to be super miserable sometime, check out the footage of the wife and child in the back of a cop car after watching castile get murdered by the cops. really makes you wonder why it took so long for a precinct to burn down

edit: don't click this unless you want to be mad

Last edited by Public_Domain on Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:54 pm

For the rest that resigned on 'principal' I would ask: “We want to be able to shove the elderly to the ground and lie about it without being held accountable” is a really fucking strange hill to die on.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:30 pm

Scape Scape:
For the rest that resigned on 'principal' I would ask: “We want to be able to shove the elderly to the ground and lie about it without being held accountable” is a really fucking strange hill to die on.

R=UP Thank you! What is really sickening is that they are trying to blackmail the city. They are saying that if they do not get their way than they are going to punish the entire city by not doing their jobs. They want us to kiss their asses and beg them to stay. They want us to say: ' We are sorry!!! Please forgive us!!! Please come back and save us!!!" I say good riddance. Hire new cops that actually want to serve the public.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:40 pm

god bless the morons. sadly they're just fleeing culpability like rats. off to abuse locals in some other city they don't live in

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:14 am

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:54 am

rickc rickc:
Hire new cops that actually want to serve the public.
How? and Who can possibly do that??

The cops have the hardware. If cops do not get paid exactly what they want to get paid, what do you think they will do with their hardware??

The job of the cops has nothing to do with serving the public. Get that idea out of your head.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:27 am

rickc rickc:
I say good riddance. Hire new cops that actually want to serve the public.

$1:
City councillors said Sunday they intend to dissolve their police department, although there is no consensus yet on what to replace it with.

To people in one U.S. community, this kind of reform is already old news.

Canadian expat Bruce Main witnessed it.

He came decades ago to start a community organization in Camden, N.J., a city once known as the most dangerous in the United States, long plagued by sky-high murder rates and myriad open-air drug markets.

The entire Camden force was dismantled a few years ago. A new, larger force was rebuilt in conjunction with the surrounding county, after a few major adjustments.

Officers were retrained, their job conditions were revised and a bigger county-level force was relaunched, not only with more officers but also with a renewed focus: community service.
A police reform experiment

Out went the urban-warrior attitude. In came the guardians. The new departmental policy said officers would no longer be judged by their number of arrests and tickets.

Instead, they were told to patrol on foot, mingle with residents, and build a reservoir of trust to draw upon in a crisis.

Residents of Camden, located near Philadelphia, say it's been successful. Murders are down by two-thirds since the year before the police reform, and overall violent crime is down nearly half.

The new police chief didn't just participate in a Black Lives Matter protest last month. He helped lead it.

Disband the police force? Minneapolis wouldn't be the first to try it

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:31 am

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:47 am

I wonder what he thought would happen. [huh]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:49 am

he thought he'd get laughs from his fellow lunatics, and probably did

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:50 am

all gas no brakes at the minneapolis protest

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:02 am

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:00 pm

don't believe your burning eyes

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 794 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 34  35  36  37  38  39  40 ... 53  Next