Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2021-02-20 19:53:14
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:21 pm

People in positions such as this really need to think about what they post on social media.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:28 pm

At least two of the photos looked far more like they came from the Rust Belt or some scabby town in the southern states than from any Native reserve. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:16 pm

I would like her to post why this was a bad idea and then resign. No private citizen who would be employed by ANY private company that has ANY policy at all in place in regards to social media would have ground to dismiss, why is this any different?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:57 am

Thanos: this does look like a reserve. My job has me fly to reserves in northern Manitoba, and northwestern Ontario. Yes, they look like that. Furthermore, I volunteered all day every Friday at the Aboriginal Centre in Winnipeg from July 2010 through December 2019. Aboriginal people told me stories.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:59 am

She's a mayor, and yet can't seem to use an apostrophe properly? She should resign just for brutalizing the English language.

-J.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:57 am

truth hurts..

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:47 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
Thanos: this does look like a reserve. My job has me fly to reserves in northern Manitoba, and northwestern Ontario. Yes, they look like that. Furthermore, I volunteered all day every Friday at the Aboriginal Centre in Winnipeg from July 2010 through December 2019. Aboriginal people told me stories.

So what if it does?

Some reserves might look like that, but then so do a lot of places in non-Native communities, as Thanos pointed out. It's not like the Deep South has a shortage of such places, and we can probably all think of places in Canada where things aren't much better.

As for this woman, she's dumb as a post and has no business being an elected official. The best thing she can do for her constituents is get the hell out of the mayor's office and do it yesterday.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Agreed, but lets be a bit honest, I have been to many reserves, MANY and the 99% looked like that. 99% of ‘the south’ doesn’t ...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:33 pm

I used to think like that until I noticed the number of people who confuse the number of vehicles on blocks in their yard or empties on the porch as status symbols, redneck 'keeping up with the Jones's' thinking.
My buddy now has 4 rusty Dodges, 6 snowmobiles that don't run, 3 pre-WW2 dead tractors a boat, 4 collapsed buildings and even 2 dead hovercraft in his front yard. And 2 arsehole dogs on chains to protect his prized possessions.
Council on the Rez goes nuts and hauls that shit away like it or not. The Regional District doesn't give a flying fuck.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:15 am

herbie herbie:
I used to think like that until I noticed the number of people who confuse the number of vehicles on blocks in their yard or empties on the porch as status symbols, redneck 'keeping up with the Jones's' thinking.
My buddy now has 4 rusty Dodges, 6 snowmobiles that don't run, 3 pre-WW2 dead tractors a boat, 4 collapsed buildings and even 2 dead hovercraft in his front yard. And 2 arsehole dogs on chains to protect his prized possessions.
Council on the Rez goes nuts and hauls that shit away like it or not. The Regional District doesn't give a flying fuck.

...How big is your buddy's property that he actually has room for all that junk? And for that matter, what does he actually do with it besides just let it all sit and rust?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:26 am

herbie herbie:

Sounds like my new place, except the dogs are friendly. The previous owner was running a bit of an auto wrecker enterprise, so it's gonna be a good ten-year long project to clean the place up.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:27 am

I am somewhat heartened that people can't get away with such casual racism anymore. I mena, I hope she loses her job, but at the very least it's called out.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:30 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I am somewhat heartened that people can't get away with such casual racism anymore. I mena, I hope she loses her job, but at the very least it's called out.

As long as people are careless and thoughtless enough to use social media to make such statements they will be called out on it at some point.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:11 pm

Regional District lots are 2 hectares (5 acres)

Do? Do something with all that shit in your yard? You need truck B for a spare transmission, truck C because the box isn't as rusty, truck D because you got it for "only" X dollars and you're "gonna" get around to it.... the hovercraft were a good deal but you haven't got around to them you been too busy buying more broken shit for the last 15 years.
And the tractors, well they were $30K new but you got them cheap because they were broken and 'all they need is.....'.
It's beyond race, it's poverty and the human urge to possess and accumulate things... doesn't matter if they're useless broken things, pets you can't maintain, strings of shit jobs...