Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:35 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Not so excellent. What a waste of fucking time for our military. That's the job of the police.

Everyone forgets about our poor Coast Guard. :(

Unlike the US Coast Guard, the Canadian Coast Guard is an unarmed civilian agency and therefore probably not the best group to interdict drug smugglers armed with assault rifles.

Their main roles are navigation, icebreaking, and search and rescue.

Police have the power of arrest and guns, Coast Guard have ships. There should be some agency with both.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:40 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Not so excellent. What a waste of fucking time for our military. That's the job of the police.

I don';t think the CCG has any enforcement capability of that kind, do they? I think it's actually the Canadian Navy that assists the US Coast Guard in drug interceptions and stuff. Could be wrong, but I think the CCG in Canada is Search and Rescue and Environmental Response.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:43 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Stand behind the military, or feel free to stand in front of them. You can't have it both ways. Besides, police don't go to international waters for the most part. It's awesome to see our warships taking on drug runners and pirates.

PUNISH THY ENEMY! :rock:

-J.

Most military folks I know probably aren't in favour of doing police work. The job of the police is to catch the bad guy. The job of the military is to kill the bad guy. Different animals altogether.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:46 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Police have the power of arrest and guns, Coast Guard have ships. There should be some agency with both.

Agreed. CCG is under-utilized, considering they're rolling (well, floating) with hundreds of millions in hardware.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:23 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Unlike the US Coast Guard, the Canadian Coast Guard is an unarmed civilian agency and therefore probably not the best group to interdict drug smugglers armed with assault rifles.

Their main roles are navigation, icebreaking, and search and rescue.

I think in the past, the RCMP and CCG have worked together to arrest people or fine them. If you don't like the way the CCG is set up, it's yet another thing to 'thank' Diefenbaker for.

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Agreed. CCG is under-utilized, considering they're rolling (well, floating) with hundreds of millions in hardware.

My guess is that this be part of the new offshore patrol vessel's duties:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_DeW ... rol_vessel

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:48 pm

We need to arm our Coast Guard, as well as heavily arm our naval vessels. Enough with the 'Canadians are nice' B.S. Arm to the teeth, and kick some ass!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

-J.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:31 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
We need to arm our Coast Guard, as well as heavily arm our naval vessels. Enough with the 'Canadians are nice' B.S. Arm to the teeth, and kick some ass!

-J.

Having an armed coast guard controlling what is going on in one country's own territorial waterways is every county's right, 100%. No disagreement whatsoever. Having an armed coast guard thousands of miles away in the Arabian Sea (international waters no less) intercepting civilian ships looking for contraband is another thing altogether. Narcotics are decriminalized in certain countries. What if that shipment is bound for Portugal? What business do you (or anyone else) have stopping it? You want to keep drugs out of your country, than your coast guard is free to stop every boat/ship coming into YOUR waters, not international waters.

Piracy on the high seas on the other hand is something altogether different. If you wish to closely monitor/trail civilian ships in known piracy areas with your heavily armed coast guard/ navy......then happy hunting!!! [B-o] I wish you all the best in your endeavor!!! Kick all the pirate ass you want!!! I would contribute to that cause.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:37 pm

rickc rickc:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

-J.

Having an armed coast guard controlling what is going on in one country's own territorial waterways is every county's right, 100%. No disagreement whatsoever. Having an armed coast guard thousands of miles away in the Arabian Sea (international waters no less) intercepting civilian ships looking for contraband is another thing altogether. Narcotics are decriminalized in certain countries. What if that shipment is bound for Portugal? What business do you (or anyone else) have stopping it? You want to keep drugs out of your country, than your coast guard is free to stop every boat/ship coming into YOUR waters, not international waters.

Piracy on the high seas on the other hand is something altogether different. If you wish to closely monitor/trail civilian ships in known piracy areas with your heavily armed coast guard/ navy......then happy hunting!!! [B-o] I wish you all the best in your endeavor!!! Kick all the pirate ass you want!!! I would contribute to that cause.

Well.... Shiver me Timbers. :mrgreen:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:53 pm

Wouldn't you like to see those pirate assholes get sent to Davy Jones Locker? I know I would. The U.S. does not do much in the way of piracy because the U.S. has a very miniscule Merchant Marine. Very few ships fly an American flag as they all want a tax haven outside the U.S. When covid first hit there were all these bills to help the cruise industry. I was like: fuck em, they do not fly an American flag. Let Panama help them.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:41 pm

The pirates are also drug runners, and they're being bankrolled through the sales of drugs and such. Piracy and drugs go hand in hand.

-J.