canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:16 pm

Title: Canada could see 50% cut in fuel capacity if Line 5 pipeline shut down: experts | Globalnews.ca
Category: Business
Posted By: Scape
Date: 2021-05-12 15:09:55
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:16 pm

Headline is misleading. "Canada" won't see fuel shortages, just the Eastern Bastards. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:21 pm

For those who think that the energy infrastructure issues are something that only affect Alberta, and that they could look down their noses at us forever, and that it would never ever been something that would concern them & their self-described "more sophisticated" issues? And that they have such greater environment consciences that they're above any of these tedious common-person concerns? Well, let's let Willie Nelson take it from here....

....it was the time of rampant SJW & PC bullshit
in the year of '21
but now the sneering is over
and the lesson's begun....

Long overdue, and go-Whitmer-go! :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:35 pm

Yeah, lets just just ship it by rail or road it's a multitude of times safer and much less pollution. /s

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:36 pm

Thanos Thanos:
For those who think that the energy infrastructure issues are something that only affect Alberta, and that they could look down their noses at us forever, and that it would never ever been something that would concern them & their self-described "more sophisticated" issues? And that they have such greater environment consciences that they're above any of these tedious common-person concerns? Well, let's let Willie Nelson take it from here....

....it was the time of rampant SJW & PC bullshit
in the year of '21
but now the sneering is over
and the lesson's begun....

Long overdue, and go-Whitmer-go! :twisted:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7857470/sask ... le-line-5/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:00 pm

"We're all in this together!", so I've heard every day of my life from this country. :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:10 am

Thanos Thanos:
"We're all in this together!", so I've heard every day of my life from this country. :roll:

Unless you can afford private planes to take you to sunny destinations and skip the quarantine hotels. Then yes, we are in this together. Except those people who have to work to make ends meet, and have to work in close proximity to each other. We all aren't together there. And those people that can't work, because their children are not allowed in school, so they have to take classes from home. They aren't in this with us.

/s

That phrase pisses me off. We all might be experiencing the same pandemic, but we all are having very different experiences during it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:10 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Headline is misleading. "Canada" won't see fuel shortages, just the Eastern Bastards. ;)

You know it's kind of hilarious that for all of Alberta's tantrums to let he eastern bastards freeze in the dark, if this pipeline is shutdown, it will have been another eastern bastard letting other eastern bastards freeze in the dark.

Guess we should have built something like Energy East after all...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:18 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

Line 5 is 68 years old. It really needs to be replaced. I can see the Michigan Governors point that it may be a ecological disaster waiting to become. I do question her authority to do anything about it though.

Energy East would be an excellent opportunity to replace the capacity.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:57 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Quebec + Ontario= Canada for the media.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:37 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Thanos Thanos:

Unless you can afford private planes to take you to sunny destinations and skip the quarantine hotels. Then yes, we are in this together. Except those people who have to work to make ends meet, and have to work in close proximity to each other. We all aren't together there. And those people that can't work, because their children are not allowed in school, so they have to take classes from home. They aren't in this with us.

/s

That phrase pisses me off. We all might be experiencing the same pandemic, but we all are having very different experiences during it.

I was thinking of it more in terms of what a complete crock "national unity" is in a country where the only rule is regionalism today, regionalism tomorrow, regionalism forever. It's such a laughable fraud. I mean, I'll be voting against any Alberta separation when the time comes. But it won't be because I'm full of love & loyalty for Canada. It'll only be because I don't want my own life ruled by a bunch of wretched redneck good ol' boys, the kind who over the last month in Alberta, have shown themselves to be as utterly shitty as the one in the US who have Trump flags for bedsheets. Like, fuck those kind of people forever because they are the literal worst that humanity can barf up.

No, I'll stick with Canada only because it's better the devil you know than getting close to the one you don't. That's not an endorsement of Canada or the Canadian system, that's just pragmatism, and a decision made out of worry over how truly terrible the shit-heeled alternative would be.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:42 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:

It would be a great idea and firmly cement perpetual energy security for the entire county. It would be a grand national project on the scale of the CPR or the TransCanada highway, something for generations to be proud of. A stable and safe and profitable energy corridor running for almost the length of the entire country.

And it won't happen, ever, in anyone's lifetime, because they detest Alberta and fossil fuels that much. They won't do it, they'll just quadruple-up on the amount of Saudi/American/Venezuelan oil going to Irving for distribution for everywhere from Newfoundland to Thunder Bay. That's just how it works here in this county. Fuck each other, we've got our local politics to protect and our age-old favouritism to maintain.