PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:26 pm

Dig up every school's grounds.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:12 pm

Tricks Tricks:

And seize by court order the records of every single church organization that operated the schools. And when the Vatican tries to dodge their way out of their obligation kick their fucking nuncio ambassador out of the country altogether.

If they ever get even a remotely active a final count of the number of children who died in those concentration camps I suspect that it will come in at about four to five times the number previously estimated. Which in the end will mean that close to one out of every ten child who was kidnapped by the Canadian state and sent to those places would have died during their incarceration in those hellholes.

There's no apologizing our way out of this one. And there shouldn't be any easy cop-out ever again either. Anyone who still believes that Canada is possessed of any form of special goodness, or every even had the slightest claim to such a delusion, needs their fucking head examined after this. We are NO different than anyone anywhere else.

$1:
"We're just another country"
- Johnny Rotten

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:12 pm

It’s probably safe to assume at this point that every Residential School has a pit of horror like this.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:22 pm

It’s only just begun the numbers will be huge. Every school has unmarked graves. The acknowledgment is good but it’s also sad as I hear people that are surprised and shocked. All records need to be released now! Archives need to be searched for anything that will help. I’m not holding much hope that any of the religious groups will apologize or be helpful. I’m doubting the government will try and push them or be remotely helpful either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:26 pm

For what it's worth the CBC and the Postmedia papers have their comments sections shut off for this story. And that's an entirely good thing because I can only imagine what some of the completely soul-less bastards who haunt those sites would like to say about this discovery.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:49 pm

Thanos Thanos:
For what it's worth the CBC and the Postmedia papers have their comments sections shut off for this story. And that's an entirely good thing because I can only imagine what some of the completely soul-less bastards who haunt those sites would like to say about this discovery.

Actually, I've noticed on the CBC site that all articles related to the residential school discovery have the comments section off. A good decision IMO to avoid hateful remarks being made.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:04 pm

The dumb part is that self-professed liberals would be making the most wretched comments on the CBC site. They always do there. They'd be saying things like "Kamploops? Saskatchewan? Aren't those conservative areas?" or "Stephen Harper's legacy looming large again", over atrocities that occurred for over a hundred and twenty years under both major political parties. Or one of them will drop in something like "stop the pipelines" or "shut down the TARsands!" comments on a story that has nothing at all to do with it. That's how stupid thing get on the CBC site.

The Postmedia sites would be just as bad. Lots of clowns got stymied by the comments shut-down from being able to post gems like "why don't they just get over it?" or "they should go get jobs like I did!" or "no one gave me a handout in my entire life!" on stories about the residential schools. It's disturbing proof that there's a lot worse places on the internet than Twitter when it comes to giving some genuine dipshits a place to vent their spleen. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:10 pm

The worst thing to happen to the internet (and by extension, humanity) was the introduction of the comments section.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:25 am

housewife housewife:
It’s only just begun the numbers will be huge. Every school has unmarked graves. The acknowledgment is good but it’s also sad as I hear people that are surprised and shocked. All records need to be released now! Archives need to be searched for anything that will help. I’m not holding much hope that any of the religious groups will apologize or be helpful. I’m doubting the government will try and push them or be remotely helpful either.

This was documented in the TRC. And entire volume of the report was about residential schools, and the deaths that occurred there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:31 am

Thanos Thanos:
Tricks Tricks:

And seize by court order the records of every single church organization that operated the schools. And when the Vatican tries to dodge their way out of their obligation kick their fucking nuncio ambassador out of the country altogether.

Why stop at that, strip the Catholic Church of it's tax exempt status. I hope the all the bands affected by these schools class action the shit out of the Vatican.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:09 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
housewife housewife:

This was documented in the TRC. And entire volume of the report was about residential schools, and the deaths that occurred there.

And no one listened no one believed. Oh they have it so good they get everything handed to them why are they complaining why don’t they leave if it’s so bad. Are all statements and questions said. We’ve all heard them. What I want to know is where they were expected to go. Oh move to the big city get a better life but if they move they find different problems. Without family or friends to help. People need to understand that there are just as many stories of people leaving and becoming lost. Of people trying to find family of police telling them they don’t know or care then later having their remains returned. Or worse never found. This is going to get worse their will be idiots doing violence which will only hurt their community in the end. There will be people saying that this has been paid for already. The shock that people have hurts. It’s nothing new in my world, even not growing up on reserves I heard about it. But the news didn’t cover it and the people who tried to bring attention to it were talked over till no one was listening. As now they are shocked that this festering wound didn’t go away. And that it’s caused generational problems. People can’t grow in an abusive relationship and not have problems and that’s really what this boils down to. Sadly I am finding it hard to have any faith that even with this proof that things will really change. There’s still so many without water there’s still inadequate housing cause the housing isn’t free. There’s still people going into isolated areas and saying I’m here to fix everything without knowing anything about the people the community or the problems. They don’t listen to anyone and do what they think they would want if they were in that situation. Communities ask for this and get that cause someone in some big city thinks that they know better. If you have never lived outside a big city you can’t understand. Though how people can’t understand the need for clean drinking water is beyond me.

I’m rambling again hopefully that all makes sense

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:12 am

housewife housewife:

Agreed.

People seemingly only hearing about this now are unreal. And you're right that I'm sure no one is going to bother pushing the religious groups.